OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was called the Deflator because he was trying to lose weight. May be the dumbest lie I have heard.

If you have an IQ lower than 80 you may find the Patriots response convincing, it is absurd how ridiculous their response is.

Reaction Score
He was called the Deflator because he was trying to lose weight. May be the dumbest lie I have heard.

If you have an IQ lower than 80 you may find the Patriots response convincing, it is absurd how ridiculous their response is.

This.

The Patriots are literally making it harder to believe they are innocent. Whoever got paid to come up with that should be fired right after they fire whoever approved putting that in the response.

Reaction Score

They could not have said anything to make themselves sound more guilty here. Give me a break.

Reaction Score
Aside from guilt or innocence, can we just agree that the "Deflator" guy gets the worst of all this?

I mean all he was looking for was to score some free shoes in exchange for doping Brady's Footballs.

Instead, he is going to lose his sweet gameday gig, Brady threw him HARD under the bus in the NFL report, and now the Patriots are basically calling him fat in their rebuttal.

Someone buy that man a drink, please.

Reaction Score
Aside from guilt or innocence, can we just agree that the "Deflator" guy gets the worst of all this?

I mean all he was looking for was to score some free shoes in exchange for doping Brady's Footballs.

Instead, he is going to lose his sweet gameday gig, Brady threw him HARD under the bus in the NFL report, and now the Patriots are basically calling him fat in their rebuttal.

Considering that we haven't heard a peep out of him in the media, I'm guessing the Pats are buying him plenty... as they should.

Reaction Score
This.

The Patriots are literally making it harder to believe they are innocent. Whoever got paid to come up with that should be fired right after they fire whoever approved putting that in the response.

Perhaps true, except it is actually consistent with the other reference in which he said, "Deflate and give somebody that jacket." Wells said that is a "possible suggestion to deflate footballs." Seriously? Deflate a football and give up your jacket. How does that make sense Ted? Anyone?

By contrast, "Lose weight and give somebody your over-sized jacket" actually makes sense.

Wells entire case is really based on that one "deflator" comment made in May of last year. It will take more than that to win a lawsuit.

Reaction Score

I hope Brady pimped out Gisele for a night with this guy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Shady Brady caught with his hands in the cookie jar.

Belicheat and the Pacheatots are the biggest cheats in the history of the NFL.

And even with all the cheating they couldn't beat Eli in the Super Bowls.

The...Pacheatots? That is the best you could do?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Considering that we haven't heard a peep out of him in the media, I'm guessing the Pats are buying him plenty... as they should.
Lol... the "He's funny cuz he's fat!" defense.

Oy.

Reaction Score
Perhaps true, except it is actually consistent with the other reference in which he said, "Deflate and give somebody that jacket." Wells said that is a "possible suggestion to deflate footballs." Seriously? Deflate a football and give up your jacket. How does that make sense Ted? Anyone?

By contrast, "Lose weight and give somebody your over-sized jacket" actually makes sense.

Wells entire case is really based on that one "deflator" comment made in May of last year. It will take more than that to win a lawsuit.

1) No it's not the entire case.

2) Okay, if we are to believe that was used as a joke, it's only used by them in that context of how Brady liked the footballs. We know this because the guy repeatedly said (paraphrasing) "F Tom, I'm going to blow those footballs up like balloons". He was obviously tasked with the job of deflating the balls to Tom's liking, and when Tom pissed him off, his retaliation was to put too much air in them. Nobody, anywhere, jokes about losing weight at as "deflating". So if we believe the Pats, then they at least used it as a double entendre otherwise it makes no sense. It doesn't make them look less guilty, it makes them look more guilty.

Reaction Score
They could not have said anything to make themselves sound more guilty here. Give me a break.

I had to read that one to believe it. The late night folks are going to have a field day with this and the fans and the media on the fence about this issue are going to jump off laughing.

Reaction Score
I had to read that one to believe it. The late night folks are going to have a field day with this and the fans and the media on the fence about this issue are going to jump off laughing.
It was truly a massive boneheaded error by the Patriots PR people who are handling this.

Reaction Score
1) No it's not the entire case.

2) Okay, if we are to believe that was used as a joke, it's only used by them in that context of how Brady liked the footballs. We know this because the guy repeatedly said (paraphrasing) "F Tom, I'm going to blow those footballs up like balloons". He was obviously tasked with the job of deflating the balls to Tom's liking, and when Tom pissed him off, his retaliation was to put too much air in them. Nobody, anywhere, jokes about losing weight at as "deflating". So if we believe the Pats, then they at least used it as a double entendre otherwise it makes no sense. It doesn't make them look less guilty, it makes them look more guilty.

What's the rest of the case? Rebutting the science is shooting fish in a barrel because it's all predicated on assumptions (including believing the refs memory and story completely except for the most critical element - which gauge he used) and ridiculous sections about how poorly the data was obtained (see the "switched gauge hypothesis").

How do you know how they use the term deflate? They only used it twice. In the second case it was near halftime of a road game in Green Bay that McNally was undoubtedly watching on TV. Which makes more sense - that he was busting his friend's balls (as he often did) because he looked fat when caught on camera (hence "lose weight and give away that jacket") or he was instructing him to deflate balls that they don't even control on the road (hence "Get the balls from the ball boys and deflate them on the sidelines in front of fans, refs, opponents and league employees and give away that jacket"). Absurdly, Wells belives it is the latter, but if you agree please explain.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This is just pathetic. They are running the worst PR game I've ever seen, they just keep making themselves look more and more ridiculous.

Reaction Score
@kibblesnbits

I have zero interest in engaging in a debate with people who really think they Pats are innocent in this. My time would be better spent with people who think the lunar landing was fake, or that dinosaurs never walked the earth.

Reaction Score
What's the rest of the case? Rebutting the science is shooting fish in a barrel because it's all predicated on assumptions (including believing the refs memory and story completely except for the most critical element - which gauge he used) and ridiculous sections about how poorly the data was obtained (see the "switched gauge hypothesis").

How do you know how they use the term deflate? They only used it twice. In the second case it was near halftime of a road game in Green Bay that McNally was undoubtedly watching on TV. Which makes more sense - that he was busting his friend's balls (as he often did) because he looked fat when caught on camera (hence "lose weight and give away that jacket") or he was instructing him to deflate balls that they don't even control on the road (hence "Get the balls from the ball boys and deflate them on the sidelines in front of fans, refs, opponents and league employees and give away that jacket"). Absurdly, Wells belives it is the latter, but if you agree please explain.
The lengths to which some Patriots fans are going to rationalize the team's rebuttal to all of this is what is truly absurd. What I'm reading from Pats fans here and elsewhere is what I'd expect to hear from someone in middle school, not fully functioning adults. It's blatantly obvious that it happened and Brady knew. At this point, just go all in on the "the punishment doesn't fit the crime" argument because that's pretty much the only one left that doesn't have all non-Patriots fans rolling their eyes.

Reaction Score
More absurd than taking a statement that the balls were over-inflated in the Jets game or that a guy jokingly intends to over-inflate them in the future and declare that as evidence that he's actually going to under-inflate them? You can't argue with logic like that. The entire case is one text where the guy called himself "the deflator." Only those that are desperate to make this look like a well-established case would deny that. Of course, many also wouldn't pass Physics 101 so the entire scientific argument goes over their heads. Its easier to just pick on one point.

Reaction Score
More absurd than taking a statement that the balls were over-inflated in the Jets game or that a guy jokingly intends to over-inflate them in the future and declare that as evidence that he's actually going to under-inflate them? You can't argue with logic like that. The entire case is one text where the guy called himself "the deflator." Only those that are desperate to make this look like a well-established case would deny that. Of course, many also wouldn't pass Physics 101 so the entire argument goes over their heads.
It's just not but you are obviously going to keep your head firmly stuck in the sand on that part.

Reaction Score
As are you going to keep your head stuck in the sand that the entire investigative process and the science doesn't support the conclusion. I'll bet most of those that know for certain that the Pats are guilty haven't even read the report or have the background to understand its flaws.

Reaction Score
As are you going to keep your head stuck in the sand that the entire investigative process and the science doesn't support the conclusion. I'll bet most of those that know for certain that the Pats are guilty haven't even read the report or have the background to understand its flaws.
You may have passed Physics but you failed logic.

Reaction Score
You may have passed Physics but you failed logic.

OK, then if the science doesn't prove the case, and if you believe Referee Andersen's statements regarding the gauge used actually disproves it, please explain the logic.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure his head is firmly stuck somewhere else.
I now know how adults felt when I was 10 and absolutely sure of my positions on everything (which were generally wrong because I was 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom