OT: BOSTON CELTICS VS. CHARLOTTE HORNETS (Mohegan Sun) | The Boneyard

OT: BOSTON CELTICS VS. CHARLOTTE HORNETS (Mohegan Sun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Boston Celtics vs. Charlotte Hornets at Mohegan Sun for a Preseason Game:

Saturday, October 8th 3:00pm

Tickets: $125, $60, $35 & $20
On sale: Friday, July 22nd at 10:00am (tomorrow!)

"The Boston Celtics take on the Charlotte Hornets in a preseason matchup at Mohegan Sun Arena on Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 3:00pm. Be there for all the action as these NBA Atlantic Division rivals take to the court at Mohegan Sun for the only time this season."

Celtics | Mohegan Sun

Reaction Score
I'm a Celtics fan and Kemba Walker is my favorite UConn player of all time. That being said, we should all get our butts to Rentschler for the UConn/Cincy football game that day. I think it's a noon kick off so if you really want, try doing both.

Reaction Score
Who schedules this stuff. 3pm. The football game will not end until that time. And I believe its home coming too. Just poor, thanks Mohegan Sun

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Who schedules this stuff. 3pm. The football game will not end until that time. And I believe its home coming too. Just poor, thanks Mohegan Sun

Seriously! Why doesn't Adam Silver pay attention to UConn football kickoff times?

Reaction Score
Hey Rico, I think there is a reason for their wanting to play a preseason game against the hornets in Connecticut. You can fill it up with a bunch of UCONN fans wanting to see Kemba as well as Lamb. You don't have to be a smart ass at my frustration. By the way Adam Silver is not arranging a preseason basketball game time.

Reaction Score
Hey Rico, I think there is a reason for their wanting to play a preseason game against the hornets in Connecticut. You can fill it up with a bunch of UCONN fans wanting to see Kemba as well as Lamb. You don't have to be a smart ass at my frustration. By the way Adam Silver is not arranging a preseason basketball game time.

Highly doubt this was scheduled because of the Hornets. This is pure coincidence. Celtics play a preseason game at Mohegan every year. This year it just so happens the schedule has the Hornets on it. The NBA scheduling committee could care less about which players play on the teams in their local ties.

They care even less about scheduling around college games.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

My point is, the NBA doesn't care about their preseason games conflicting with UConn football games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My point is, the NBA doesn't care about their preseason games conflicting with UConn football games.

So you're saying that having the C's play Kemba in Connecticut is just a coincidence?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Highly doubt this was scheduled because of the Hornets. This is pure coincidence. Celtics play a preseason game at Mohegan every year. This year it just so happens the schedule has the Hornets on it. The NBA scheduling committee could care less about which players play on the teams in their local ties.

This is true, but I wouldn't say they don't give a at all.

Haven't the Pelicans been playing preseason games in Louisville and Lexington since they drafted Davis? NBA teams know their demographics and where their fans are.

Reaction Score

Considering the Celtics typically play only Atlantic Division teams in the preseason, and they decided to go outside of that to play the Hornets at Mohegan I wouldn't say it is a coincidence. I think you are giving far too little to credit to the marketing side of the game, its hard to sell tickets to preseason basketball, what better way to get people to pay to watch crap basketball then bring Kemba back to CT.

Reaction Score
Uconn vs Cincy at the rent or Celts vs Hornets in a meaningless game Kemba might not even play in hmm real hard choice.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So this is reason Cinci game is at 11. Hop on Rt2 after and you're there in time for tipoff.

Reaction Score
The preseason game should start at Noon and the Football game should start at 7 or 8, 11:30 is just stupid.

Reaction Score
Considering the Celtics typically play only Atlantic Division teams in the preseason, and they decided to go outside of that to play the Hornets at Mohegan I wouldn't say it is a coincidence. I think you are giving far too little to credit to the marketing side of the game, its hard to sell tickets to preseason basketball, what better way to get people to pay to watch crap basketball then bring Kemba back to CT.

Kemba is the most important player on that team and they invested a large sum of money into him. How much is he really going to play in a meaningless game?

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Kemba is the most important player on that team and they invested a large sum of money into him. How much is he really going to play in a meaningless game?

I mean he did play 23, 24, 23, 25 min in the beginning of preseason last year. Pretty sure we will get some Kemba on the court... The negativity is adorable though.

Reaction Score
I mean he did play 23, 24, 23, 25 min in the beginning of preseason last year. Pretty sure we will get some Kemba on the court... The negativity is adorable though.

how is it negative? It's objective. I don't care whether you see kemba play or not.

C

Chief00

Good opportunity for MJ to eat at his restaurant and gamble afterwards.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Celtics game should have been at the XL Center like years past... that would have been a easier trek from the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom