OT: Boneyard Board generates Explorer Error Message | The Boneyard

OT: Boneyard Board generates Explorer Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today I have been receiving this Explorer error message when I post to the Boneyar Board. Also when leaving a post and returning to the list of posts; this error message occurs. Anyone else getting it? Never saw this message before. Below is an explanation of the error message from Explorer.

How does Internet Explorer help protect me from cross-site scripting attacks?

Internet Explorer's Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Filter can help prevent one website from adding script code to another website. XSS Filter watches how websites interact, and when it recognizes a potential attack, it will automatically block script code from running. When this happens, you will see a message in the Information bar letting you know that the webpage was modified to help protect your privacy and security.
If the modified webpage does not work properly, try going to the home page of the website and navigating to the webpage directly. If the page still does not work correctly, contact the website's administrator.

Reaction Score
Never seen it before, but then again I only use Internet Explorer when I have no other choice (like today when I am working from home because my company doesn't support any other browser). I am replying to this using Google Chrome, and will sometimes use Firefox if Chrome decides to misbehave. I rarely have any problems with Chrome or Firefox.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
NC: I had the same message the other day. Like UCC, I switched to Chrome and I had no further issue.

Reaction Score
I get a variant of the message all the time. Mine says that Internet Explorer has modified the page to prevent cross-scripting errors. Since I would not know a cross-scripting error if I fell over it, and since I havenot fallen yet, I figure it's not much to worry about. It's justy good ol' Internet Explorer, working to ensure my scripting is not crossed. Or something.

I do wonder what the pages looked like before they were modified.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Sounds like a browser problem. No such problem with Safari on a Mac.

Reaction Score
According to my computer science major son, most other browsers take care of this automatically in the background without providing any kind of alert or notice. But IE advertises the fact that it has done something wonderful to save the website you are viewing from harmful attacks or from attacking another website.

Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either. But that is why he is the computer science major and I am just his mom. I'm not supposed to understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom