OT: Boneyard Awards | The Boneyard

OT: Boneyard Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Really random, but has the BY ever done an annual awards/superlatives? Could be funny...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really random, but has the BY ever done an annual awards/superlatives? Could be funny...

I started a thread last year about this time naming my favorite posters on the football board. Within that discussion we raised about 10-12 posters who add a lot of analysis and insight.

The clear worst poster was @Jimmy Serrano. If you have a negative superlative contest that guy will sweep everything.

Reaction Score
I started a thread last year about this time naming my favorite posters on the football board. Within that discussion we raised about 10-12 posters who add a lot of analysis and insight.

The clear worst poster was @Jimmy Serrano. If you have a negative superlative contest that guy will sweep everything.

I'm flattered, yet slightly creeped out that you're thinking of me at 3 in the morning.

Reaction Score

I'm flattered, yet slightly creeped out that you're thinking of me at 3 in the morning.

I appreciate Jimmy's posts, and others must too. Because even though it seems everyone hates him, he's got more likes than posts, even with over 10k posts.

Reaction Score
I appreciate Jimmy's posts, and others must too. Because even though it seems everyone hates him, he's got more likes than posts, even with over 10k posts.

Over 10k posts? I really gotta get a life.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Sorry I should have included a sarcasm tag.

The key to a good like ratio for a high volume poster is avoiding game threads.

Reaction Score
Sorry I should have included a sarcasm tag.

The key to a good like ratio for a high volume poster is avoiding game threads.

So everyone doesn't hate Jimmy?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This post needs more likes.

Phil - list out some categories

Here's a few ideas....

Best Boneyard Beef (would need to nominate two members)
Most informative poster
Least informative poster
Most hopelessly optimistic poster
Most critical poster
Most likely to end up in a fist fight with Bob Diaco
Best new poster (joined in last 12 months)
Best veteran poster (4+ years on the yard)
Most conservative poster
Most liberal poster
The Chief00 Annual Courage Award
Best on the recruiting trail (a gimmie for medic)
Most likely to initiate coup d'etat to bring back Pasqualoni
The Arkeel Newsome Shifty Award (poster most likely to flip flop on opinions right before your eyes!)
The Luke Carrezola Hard Hitter Award (most likely to get in an argument on the BY)
The Bob Diaco Peace, Love and Football Award (most likely to diffuse an argument)

Here are just a few ideas...I'd like for others to brainstorm and we can get a master list and go from ther

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Most likely to fire off drunk posts after a loss
Most likely to express their sorrow on the BY after a loss
Most likely to get kicked out of the Rent for taunting the opposing team's fans

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'll take a stab at some nominees.

Best Boneyard Beef (would need to nominate two members) <--Whaler vs Upstater for "Buffalo Sports Bars"
Most informative poster <--dooley
Least informative poster <--save this space for nelson mutz
Most hopelessly optimistic poster <--dooley or nostical
Most critical poster <--three nominees - Fishy, Whaler or Jimmy Serrano.
Most likely to end up in a fist fight with Bob Diaco <--Jimmy Serrano!
Best new poster (joined in last 12 months) <--that's you uconnphil2016 even if its been 18 months
Best veteran poster (4+ years on the yard) <--needs more thought.
Most conservative poster <-- this is connecticut, the bluest state in the nation.
Most liberal poster <--too many to choose
The Chief00 Annual Courage Award <--Chief has to win the inaugural award named in his honor
Best on the recruiting trail (a gimmie for medic) <--huskymedic is a no brainer. dynasty helps out. ktuck offers enthusiasm
Most likely to initiate coup d'etat to bring back Pasqualoni <--do we have any CT high school football coaches here?
The Arkeel Newsome Shifty Award (poster most likely to flip flop on opinions right before your eyes!) <--could be me or not, not sure.
The Luke Carrezola Hard Hitter Award (most likely to get in an argument on the BY) <--too many to list.
The Bob Diaco Peace, Love and Football Award (most likely to diffuse an argument) <--it might be a few years before this trophy is handed out.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
~75% of the BY qualified for this superlative during the PP era.

Who from the BY is in teh family section? I'm section 132...about six rows up. my actual seats are in young alumni but a childhood friend and his family are over there, so i usually join them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Best Boneyard Beef (would need to nominate two members) <--Whaler vs Upstater for "Buffalo Sports Bars"
Best new poster (joined in last 12 months) <--that's you uconnphil2016 even if its been 18 months
Most conservative poster <-- this is connecticut, the bluest state in the nation.
The Chief00 Annual Courage Award <--Chief has to win the inaugural award named in his honor
Best on the recruiting trail (a gimmie for medic) <--huskymedic is a no brainer. dynasty helps out. ktuck offers enthusiasm
Most likely to initiate coup d'etat to bring back Pasqualoni <--do we have any CT high school football coaches here?
The Arkeel Newsome Shifty Award (poster most likely to flip flop on opinions right before your eyes!) <--could be me or not, not sure.
The Luke Carrezola Hard Hitter Award (most likely to get in an argument on the BY) <--too many to list.
The Bob Diaco Peace, Love and Football Award (most likely to diffuse an argument) <--it might be a few years before this trophy is handed out.

It's not even my best battle with Upstater.

Upstater has an odd hatred for Creighton. That is our best battle.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Here's mine:

Best Boneyard Beef (would need to nominate two members) StairMaster had a big beef, cant remember who it was with though. I also haven't been around for long enough to know the history between posters.
Most informative poster- Dooley
Least informative poster- Palatine
Most hopelessly optimistic poster- UConnDan97
Most critical poster- whaler11
Most likely to end up in a fist fight with Bob Diaco- Serrano
Best new poster (joined in last 12 months)- Maybe I'll nominate myself as well ;)
Best veteran poster (4+ years on the yard)- coachcap
Most conservative poster- tie between Bonehead and Nelson
Most liberal poster- In reality it's probably me, but on the BY I think Penfield airs his views most in Cesspool and elsewhere
The Chief00 Annual Courage Award- Agreed. Obviously Chief. Guy hardly takes a break, doles out hot takes like they're going out of style.
Best on the recruiting trail (a gimmie for medic) - Medic
Most likely to initiate coup d'etat to bring back Pasqualoni- Palatine loves PP, right?
The Arkeel Newsome Shifty Award (poster most likely to flip flop on opinions right before your eyes!)- Might be totally wrong because I've only seen a few posts, but I notice this with August West
The Luke Carrezola Hard Hitter Award (most likely to get in an argument on the BY)- Serrano
The Bob Diaco Peace, Love and Football Award (most likely to diffuse an argument)- Drew
Most likely to fire off drunk posts after a loss- Who was it that got banned for 24 hours after the USF game last season? I nominate him.
Most likely to express sorrow on BY after loss- sdhusky
Most likely to get kicked out of the Rent- Confident Carl. His avi makes me think he's nuts
Most likely to bring flask into family section- CTMike

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Most informative poster is Huskymedic.

Nelson is brutal on some subjects but can really break down a game, especially basketball.

Nos is easily the most optimistic poster. Malloy/UConn07 is close.

Palatine would be the most critical poster. He's still talking about 2011... Jimmy Serrano and I have both talked Diaco up for a year+ - We can be harsh but we are fair.

I don't think anyone dislikes Diaco enough to even want a fistfight with him - and BD would diffuse the situation anyway.

Best veteran poster is bizlaw. Phil is decent but Drew is a recent add who is prolific.

Easy to ignore the cesspool stuff but is the conservative and Subba is the liberal.

Chief doesn't say much about football but everything he does say is wrong. 11:11 is pure gold.

The guy who stuck with PP was the guy from Florida named Srqhusky or something like that.

Ktuck wins any transfer plotting award. Someone leaves UNLV and he's sizing them up.

I'm probably most likely to argue with people. I'm sure this will start an argument.

Sportsart would be the guy who might diffuse an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom