OT - Boise State Announces Color Schemes for 2012 ~ For fans - by game! | The Boneyard

OT - Boise State Announces Color Schemes for 2012 ~ For fans - by game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BOISE, Idaho – Boise State University announced color schemes for five of its six 2012 home football games Monday, including the fan-created scheme for Fresno State (Oct. 13). The color scheme for the Broncos’ game against UNLV (Oct. 20) will be revealed Oct. 15.

For the match-up with the Bulldogs, Andy Criner, Chris Fuller and Brad Walker each submitted the winning design. Of the more than 140 submissions, the following scheme was chosen: white end zones, orange east side and blue west side.

A tri-color scheme was also selected for the game against Miami (Ohio), Sept. 15, while the game against BYU (Sept. 20) will feature blue and orange, the meeting with San Diego State (Nov. 3) will feature all blue and the match-up with Colorado State (Nov. 17) will feature all colors.

A complete outline of colors by stadium section can be found in the graphic below or by clicking HERE to view a PDF version.

Additionally, fans are encouraged to wear orange for the Broncos’ road games at Michigan State (Aug. 31), Wyoming (Oct. 27) and Hawai’i (Nov. 10), and blue for the games at New Mexico (Sept. 29) and Southern Miss (Oct. 6).

http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205562299&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=9900

I'm gonna sit back now and watch the sparks fly...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
STORRS, Connecticut – The University of Connecticut announced color schemes for five of its six 2012 home football games Monday, including the fan-created scheme for Buffalo (Sept. 29). The color scheme for the Huskies’ game against Temple (Oct. 13) will be revealed Oct. 15.

For the match-up with the Bulls, Andy Criner, Chris Fuller and Brad Walker each submitted the winning design. Of the more than 140 submissions, the following scheme was chosen: white, red and carhart beige end zones, blue, raincoat yellow and orange east side and blue, gray or empty bleacher grey west side.

A random multi-color scheme was also selected for the games against NC State, Sept. 8, Rutgers, Oct. 6, Pitt, ,Nov. 9, and the match-up with Cincinnati (Dec 1) will feature all colors.

A complete outline of colors by stadium section can be found in the graphic below or by clicking HERE to view a PDF version.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's how to determine what color to wear for the random multi-color scheme. Look at your ticket, and add up the section number, row number and seat number. If the sum is a prime number, wear grey. If it is a non-prime multiple of 6, wear yellow. If it is a non-prime multiple of 5, wear green if your street address is an even number, red if your street address is an odd number. If the sum is not a prime number, multiple of 5 or multiple of six, go to your local Lowe's or Home depot, rip out all the Pantone paint samples from the book, throw them in the ventilation system and whichever one lands closest to the Liquid Plumr display is the color you will wear.

Reaction Score
That UConn announcement made me do a spit take. Funny.

Seriously though, they need to provide tshirts at a warm weather game to get us even aware that we should all wear blue or white. Maybe make announcements during games. People should be embarassed for waering purple or green. I don't think they are...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, white should be our.color. I know that's PSU's thing, but the blue doesn't really pop on TV. An organized mix of blue and white would work too. Tennessee checkerboard anyone? ;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i agree with blue and white. but for now we need to hammer home blue first. then we can make the step to cool designs and .

i have a hard time believing that the ad can't call up 10 sponsors and say, were going to do 5 home games with give aways. 2 are going to be blue tshirts, 2 are going to be blue long sleeve shirts and 1 is going to be a hat. tell the sponsors that 2 sponsors per event. so the shirts can have uconn logo on the front and sponsors on the back type thing. do a nice style with the hat and hand them out. do this for 2 or 3 years with different designs and logos. now the fan base has many rotating pieces of clothing for different weather conditions. with the t shirts and long sleeve shirts being give aways, the fans buy more jerseys and hoodies. now you have a mostly blue fan base in the seats. time to implement white and so on...its not hard to plan this out and go for it. just for the love of god some 1 do it. i don't care if 50 freaky sponsors are on the tshirts, just do it.

it acomplishes so much it hurts me that we can't get it together.
-its cool on tv, recruit viewing wise and other picture/media wise
-apparel gets re worn a lot. all that uconn gear in public works well getting new fans, extending and representing the brand.
-it helps those who travel and bowl games plan what to wear as a larger group
-it gets the sponsors even more involved

and so on...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
STORRS, Connecticut – The University of Connecticut announced color schemes for five of its six 2012 home football games Monday, including the fan-created scheme for Buffalo (Sept. 29). The color scheme for the Huskies’ game against Temple (Oct. 13) will be revealed Oct. 15.

For the match-up with the Bulls, Andy Criner, Chris Fuller and Brad Walker each submitted the winning design. Of the more than 140 submissions, the following scheme was chosen: white, red and carhart beige end zones, blue, raincoat yellow and orange east side and blue, gray or empty bleacher grey west side.

A random multi-color scheme was also selected for the games against NC State, Sept. 8, Rutgers, Oct. 6, Pitt, ,Nov. 9, and the match-up with Cincinnati (Dec 1) will feature all colors.

Connecticut Athletic Director Warde Manuel explained "We find the multi color apporach has a disorienting effect on our opponets. The pattern is difficult to discern, much like the modern pixelated camoflage used by the military. It leaves the opposing team believing that the stands are empty until mid way through the second quarter and again renders our fans invisible late in the fourth quarter in most games. Thus crowd noise comes as quite a shock to the opposing team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom