OT: Blocked by Des on Twitter | The Boneyard

OT: Blocked by Des on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Kind of random, but I was just scrolling through Twitter and realized I was blocked by Des Connor. Absolutely no idea why this is the case as I've only had several exchanges with him over Twitter, none of which were negative. Only thing that I could think of was a thread on here where I criticized his grammar in a Courant article. Has anyone else been blocked, or is it just me?!?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have been blocked. He is quick to block at the start of any criticism or questioning of his stories.

Reaction Score
I have personal emails from him that are sickening. I criticized him for making Warde Manuel looking good on his blog years ago when on back to back days the BYU and Bosie State deals were inked. What he did was post a thread/article on his blog about the out of conference schedule and how thin it was. What was UCONN going to do? Well he knew what was coming so he posted the thread. Poof...WM signs two great deals, which they were. DC did a great job of making WM look like a king. I criticized DC for this and then he attacked me on his blog and a personal email.

Kind of sad because I got along with the guy. He came out to tailgate with TheJerk and I before the Maryland game. I enjoyed speaking football with him. A shame he's so thin skinned and went to great lengths to sling mud. A shame.

So, I'm blocked too.

Reaction Score
Years ago I asked this clown via email if UConn was trying to upgrade athletics and academics to make themselves more appealing to the Big. His reply was that was a good question and he would talk to UConn and get back to me. This was at least 3 years ago. I'm still waiting. He is the Frank Harris of the Courant sports section

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm sure he's a fine guy--I'm not interested in slinging mud. Just was curious as to whether or not this was a common occurrence, which does seem to be the case. I'm happy we have someone on the beat for the football team, I just kind of wish that he hadn't taken any criticism personally.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm blocked too. I have no idea why either but eh, whatever.

Reaction Score
Been blocked for years. I think because I thought he was being too kind over PGDL's performance. He's about as resilient as a wet napkin.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
The truth is, and no disrespect to Des, but as a hardcore Husky Football fan, I find out more about whats really happening and breaking news, etc. on our program from Twitter and this site and our threads than I do from reading the Courant. And I'd imagine its this same way in other college markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom