OT: Blessing in Disguise or Curse? - the Patriot League | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Blessing in Disguise or Curse? - the Patriot League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your post is getting me pumped! But if you're wrong and we're zone blocking on Saturday I may have smash mouth a certain art poster!

My post was a dig at the back and forth in this thread, reminding people there was good news being reported about the OL getting Foley back.

I couldn't tell you what a zone blocking scheme looks like but I will be able to tell if the USF DL is getting pushed around.

I can't remember seeing us pulling the guards this year (not that I watch the OL all that much) so I'm thinking that might be a sign of changes as well if we see it.

Whatever changes are made aren't just going to click into place. I think we see a gradual improvement and by the UL game I'm hoping things are rolling.

My understanding also is we will see some "playing like your hair's on fire" defense as well. Whether they transition it in or go all out right away remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
My post was a dig at the back and forth in this thread, reminding people there was good news being reported about the OL getting Foley back.

I couldn't tell you what a zone blocking scheme looks like but I will be able to tell if the USF DL is getting pushed around.

I can't remember seeing us pulling the guards this year (not that I watch the OL all that much) so I'm thinking that might be a sign of changes as well if we see it.

Whatever changes are made aren't just going to click into place. I think we see a gradual improvement and by the UL game I'm hoping things are rolling.

My understanding also is we will see some "playing like your hair's on fire" defense as well. Whether they transition it in or go all out right away remains to be seen.

As far as I know, one of the first things Foley did last week, was have the sleds brought out to the practice fields which is something that's been absent for the past 2 seasons. You have to practice and play in a way that is appropriate for your age and skill level, whether it be 8 year old pee wees or 28 year old NFL pros.

My haiku was no joke.

Reaction Score

As my old grandmother used to say, from your lips to God's ear...or Weist's in this case...

Reaction Score
As far as I know, one of the first things Foley did last week, was have the sleds brought out to the practice fields which is something that's been absent for the past 2 seasons. You have to practice and play in a way that is appropriate for your age and skill level, whether it be 8 year old pee wees or 28 year old NFL pros.

My haiku was no joke.

You should start a haiku thread.

Reaction Score
Wow . . . how far removed we are from the lofty days of 2003. Back then, the sky was the limit. We were breaking into the world of big time college football in a conference that was getting better and better (even after the first round of defections). Peak around 2006/2007. Now we are talking the effect of Colgate, Bucknell and Lehigh?

My gosh... Lets worry about us getting an invite to the B1G or the ACC and let us not worry about the PL unless they decide to go 1A and ask BCU, UMass, us and New Haven to join...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom