OT - "Best" Meatballs in the Greater Hartford area | The Boneyard

OT - "Best" Meatballs in the Greater Hartford area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok, save the laughs, need some fellow 'Yarders input for a place to order "top shelf" party size ("smaller") meatballs in the Hartford area! I know the Yard is famous for their "Best of" threads, not sure if I've seen this one yey, but this one is somewhat selfish as the "boss" has tasked me with ordering this staple for the holiday gathering! I'm located just east of Hartford, but wiling to drive a little (say 30 min one way) for the best! 5 yrs ago, one of our tailgating guests brought meatballs from, I think, Southington but I can not recall the name of the place they came from....getting old sux! Happy Holidays to everyone!

Reaction Score
Ok, save the laughs, need some fellow 'Yarders input for a place to order "top shelf" party size ("smaller") meatballs in the Hartford area! I know the Yard is famous for their "Best of" threads, not sure if I've seen this one yey, but this one is somewhat selfish as the "boss" has tasked me with ordering this staple for the holiday gathering! I'm located just east of Hartford, but wiling to drive a little (say 30 min one way) for the best! 5 yrs ago, one of our tailgating guests brought meatballs from, I think, Southington but I can not recall the name of the place they came from....getting old sux! Happy Holidays to everyone!

Can't go wrong with First and Last.

Reaction Score
Zingarella's -Plantsville part of Southington. Veal Meatballs absolutely the best.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of italian food so I select Bears barbecue's "Moink Balls".

Reaction Score
The meatball appetizer at Brico's in Glastonbury is excellent.

Reaction Score
Can't go wrong with First and Last.

Some more than others. For instance the Plainville one is excellent while Glastonbury not as much. Original in Hartford very good and Middletown not so much either. None are bad it's just some are better, and the owners vary too.

Reaction Score
I make the best meatballs in the greater Hartford area but they are not for sale. It's not rocket science.

Reaction Score
Some more than others. For instance the Plainville one is excellent while Glastonbury not as much. Original in Hartford very good and Middletown not so much either. None are bad it's just some are better, and the owners vary too.

I was thinking more of the original in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Meatballs- ground beef, pork and bread crumbs. You want equal parts meat and breadcrumbs. Eggs, garlic, thinly chopped white onion, parsley, ricotta, parmesan, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, water. Preheat oven to 400, cook for close to 40 mins, then put on broil at end for a few. Throw into your homemade red sauce and let simmer for a while.

Reaction Score
Meatballs- ground beef, pork and bread crumbs. You want equal parts meat and breadcrumbs. Eggs, garlic, thinly chopped white onion, parsley, ricotta, parmesan, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, water. Preheat oven to 400, cook for close to 40 mins, then put on broil at end for a few. Throw into your homemade red sauce and let simmer for a while.

They're not hard, but I'm not going to prepare a large batch for a co-worker lunch, and I suspect that Bob isn't interested in doing it either.

At least you know to brown the meatballs before putting them in the sauce . . .

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
C'mon YArders. Focus.

Keep it within 10 miles of Murdertown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics