OT: Ben Bentil staying in NBA Draft | The Boneyard

OT: Ben Bentil staying in NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rough for PC to lose Dunn and Bentil at the same time. Will be interesting to see where he gets drafted.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I heard it was academic in the manner of Ham
School and BB didn't mix
He is a real good player BUT scouts aren't digging him so much

Reaction Score
Too bad, I loved watching him play in college. PC's heading towards the bottom of the Big East next year, not sure they'll survive the in-state showdown with Rhode Island. If Cooley manages to field a competitive group next year I'll be impressed.

Reaction Score
The down side of success. The better the player you recruit the sooner you lose them. It puts more pressure on recruiting to replace those type of players. This is where UConn has sustained and a lot of other programs on the rise have slipped back.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
came from a PC student who has friends on the team
Never said I knew - said I heard
Learn to read- you are a typical insecure PeeCee fan

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're responding to an idiot.

I gotta say, even on a Sunday in the off-season, your ability to sniff out (and respond to) a Providence post on another team's board is . . . well, it's something.
Insecsure?

Just spit-balling here.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't know why. They are coming off their best season in a quarter century. He's on a high now.

Yes their season was a massive success and UConns a massive failure. I'm sure that is the PC narrative.

Reaction Score
Bentil had a great NCAA tourney and in his last game in particular with the most eyeballs watching he looked like a pro. Right situation he could ride this way into valuable NBA contributor, wrong situation and he could be outta league in 3yrs. Should have stayed I think.

Reaction Score
came from a PC student who has friends on the team
Never said I knew - said I heard
Learn to read- you are a typical insecure PeeCee fan

LOLwut? You got called out, rightly, for making up nonsense. Nobody believes you that you have any sort of connection, and he said "you better check where you hear stuff from," so even based on that your indignant response is completely baseless. Stop embarrassing us.

Reaction Score
Bentil had a great NCAA tourney and in his last game in particular with the most eyeballs watching he looked like a pro. Right situation he could ride this way into valuable NBA contributor, wrong situation and he could be outta league in 3yrs. Should have stayed I think.

Not sure about that ya think? I mean he got his points in both games, hot a couple 3's in the UNC game but overall he shot just ok. 14-35 in the tourney and only had 3 boards vs the bigger UNC team. 4-14 from 3 not awful but not great. He's not huge and his handle is suspect, he will need to get better facing the basket. Kids talented no doubt, could've also used another year though. Agree on right fit or he'll be another Cuse guy leading the minor leagues in scoring for a few years. Actually thought he was more impressive first half of the year, 2nd half he seemed to want to score too much and took a lot of bad shots.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
LOLwut? You got called out, rightly, for making up nonsense. Nobody believes you that you have any sort of connection, and he said "you better check where you hear stuff from," so even based on that your indignant response is completely baseless. Stop embarrassing us.
I made up nothing and don't need you or any of the others who don't care for me to believe me
I heard from someone who does have these connections at PC that BB he didn't like school - end of story
Have a nice day

Reaction Score
My observation was more or less the lights got bright, competition much tougher particularly UNC's team of near-pros and mostly it was Dunn & Bentil that rose to the challenge for Providence. Just so typical these days that any guy with the right body has a good game at the right time and BOOM everyone projects that into a pro-career.
If Bentil normally shoots better than that its actually encouraging, he looked like he could be a good NBA player but I haven't seen him anywhere near enough to have anything more than knee jerk opinion.

caw

Reaction Score
I made up nothing and don't need you or any of the others who don't care for me to believe me
I heard from someone who does have these connections at PC that BB he didn't like school - end of story
Have a nice day

It's not a necessity to like school to do well academically. It can be true that he was a top notch student and he didn't like being at school/taking classes. In fact it probably wouldn't even be a rarity. I have no dog in this fight but you two are arguing different things.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
His professors are delusional.

NBA or Sociology 302....hmm.

I think he should have gone back to school for another year - I'm just not sure these fringe first-round picks are getting the best advice. Go back, average 20-10 and then come out as a mid-first round, late-lottery guy, Too much risk here - Bentil has first round talent that he's selling at a discount a year early.

Here's another example why Chad Ford is the laziest bag of warm meat in sports writing- this 'analysis' is simply amazing. He thinks Bentil will be tremendous....if some measurements meet some undefined metric. His success or failure as an NBA player will be determined by a couple of rulers? Ford should be frog-marched out of his house and lined up against a wall.

I think he's going to be tremendous as long as he measures out well at the combine. He can score from anywhere and plays with great energy and enthusiasm. He could improve his rebounding, but he looks like a Spur.

Reaction Score
His professors are delusional.

NBA or Sociology 302....hmm.

I think he should have gone back to school for another year - I'm just not sure these fringe first-round picks are getting the best advice. Go back, average 20-10 and then come out as a mid-first round, late-lottery guy, Too much risk here - Bentil has first round talent that he's selling at a discount a year early.

Here's another example why Chad Ford is the laziest bag of warm meat in sports writing- this 'analysis' is simply amazing. He thinks Bentil will be tremendous....if some measurements meet some undefined metric. His success or failure as an NBA player will be determined by a couple of rulers? Ford should be frog-marched out of his house and lined up against a wall.

I think he's going to be tremendous as long as he measures out well at the combine. He can score from anywhere and plays with great energy and enthusiasm. He could improve his rebounding, but he looks like a Spur.

Deepster would prefer you use a "warm bag of cumin" Fish.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Have a nice day

That's not the END OF STORY from your first post. You stated, and I quote: 'I heard it was academic'. That has no correlation to your your now backtracking statement of 'he didn't like school - end of story'.

Nice try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline