OT: Beatty rips pec, out six months. | The Boneyard

OT: Beatty rips pec, out six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He still gets paid but this guy has not come anywhere near his potential in the NFL.

Reaction Score
He had one really good season, but the rest have been marred by injuries and inconsistency.

Reaction Score
He was the highest rated guy on the Giants offensive line last year, but that is also like being the tallest dwarf

Reaction Score
and he only won what 2 Super Bowls in his career.. yeah, he really underachieved...

Tough break for this kid... yeah he's had injuries throughout his career, but he had to be some kinda good to help the Giants win 2 Super Bowls... That's the primary goal of any sain NFL player one would think... I'm sure he's made some nice $$$. If he's smart he's been investing for he and his family ( which I'd bet he has been growing that nest egg )... The average NFL career is, what 3 years? IMO, he's had a fantastic career... Only thing missing is he didn't wear a star on his helmet to help my boys win another Super Bowl.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He still gets paid but this guy has not come anywhere near his potential in the NFL.

I don't know. I have mixed feelings on this take. The NFL is a tough league. It's like saying Bill Gates didn't fulfill his potential because he dropped out of Harvard. Beatty is a 4 year starter, Super Bowl Champion, and will be able to draw a pension from the NFL by virtue of being in the league for 5 years or more (average career in the NFL is 3.2-3.5 years).

Husky25

Reaction Score
and he only won what 2 Super Bowls in his career.. yeah, he really underachieved...

Tough break for this kid... yeah he's had injuries throughout his career, but he had to be some kinda good to help the Giants win 2 Super Bowls... That's the primary goal of any sain NFL player one would think... I'm sure he's made some nice $$$. If he's smart he's been investing for he and his family ( which I'd bet he has been growing that nest egg )... The average NFL career is, what 3 years? IMO, he's had a fantastic career... Only thing missing is he didn't wear a star on his helmet to help my boys win another Super Bowl.
He has one Super Bowl ring. He was a RS Junior anchoring UConn's line in 2007. Everything else you state is right on the $$.

Reaction Score
This guy can't catch a break (or should I say heal). I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
He was the highest rated guy on the Giants offensive line last year, but that is also like being the tallest dwarf

Beatty was PFF's 8th rated tackle last year.

He has 2 very good years at tackle. 1 Very bad year( he played with a stress fracture that gave out at the end of that year). The other years were all injury plagued( detached retna, etc).

Reaction Score
He's Mr. Glass.

Maybe it's just me ... but starting all but 1 game in the last 3 seasons is prety impressive ... not sure how many NFL O-linemen can claim that? 5%??? I would not call that Mr. Glass ....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly he was on the IR during the 2011 Super Bowl run. He has been very injury prone as a pro which has hampered his progress. He is a good LT but could use a bit more strength and on occasion shows poor technique in pass protection (very correctable with experience).

I hope he can recover from this (although his 2015 season may be shot). If he can get past the injury bug he could still have a quality career.

Reaction Score
I don't really think you are giving him a fair shake here. You are talking about probably the most successful Uconn guy in the NFL.
46 starts in a row is extremely impressive. Stability is more than half of what you are paying a blindside OT for, let alone one of the highest rated LTs in football the last few years. They are going to miss him a ton, and that is the true measure. How many teams do you think wouldn't take him over their guy?

Not to knock him, but Donald Thomas has been Mr. Glass and it is a shame because he is such a great story.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
It's not just Beatty and Brown... Donald Thomas, Alfred Fincher and Tyvon Branch all have had their careers negatively impacted by injury...

same posts two threads... wooo!:eek:

Reaction Score
Well hopefully the fact that the injury happened now, he only misses the first month of the season meaning he would only miss 4 games which would still suck but better now then in the fall.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well hopefully the fact that the injury happened now, he only misses the first month of the season meaning he would only miss 4 games which would still suck but better now then in the fall.
Not coming back until November.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the way the NFL works Beatty may end up on the IR for the entire season (even if he is able to play at some point).

Husky25

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the way the NFL works Beatty may end up on the IR for the entire season (even if he is able to play at some point).

No. They'll find a way to put him on the PUP list and push the decision to late October. He'll be out until November anyway. No need for the IR Just yet.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
No. They'll find a way to put him on the PUP list and push the decision to late October. He'll be out until November anyway. No need for the IR Just yet.
Unless he's able to practice by the time a decision on PUP players arrives (~10/25) there is little chance the Giants will sacrifice a roster spot for someone who may be able to help them a month down the road (especially as it is seldom a good idea to make changes to an offensive line late in the season). I hope (as both a UConn fan/alum and a Giant fan) that he can play this season but it is not likely that he will,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom