OT: BCU fires Donahue | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: BCU fires Donahue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Honestly, once I noticed you started writing about football, I stopped reading...

I don't necessarily disagree, but remember that Addazzio got to a bowl game with Spaziani's players (just as Donahue got 21 wins with someone else's players). It's how they build on that success that counts.

BC Basketball is a broken brand with more obstacles than other programs on their road to redemption as it were.

Reaction Score
Honestly, once I noticed you started writing about football, I stopped reading...

I don't necessarily disagree, but remember that Addazzio got to a bowl game with Spaziani's players (just as Donahue got 21 wins with someone else's players). It's how they build on that success that counts.

BC Basketball is a broken brand with more obstacles than other programs on their road to redemption as it were.

Husky, you raise excellent points and it is hard to disagree with you. The only counter I have is that while it is true that Addazio got to a bowl game with Spaz's player's (something Spaz could not do!), he has proven to be an excellent recruiter and there is little doubt that the talent on BC' s future FB teams will be substantially higher than the Spaz teams. SD, on the other hand, was never able to replace the talent of the departing players from the Skinner years, which ultimately cost him his job. In the three years with his own players, there was virtually no improvement. (Some point to a slight improvement last year but, in truth, that was the result of an end-of-season spurt. For the majority of last season, it was every bit as bad (if not worse - the Bryant loss, etc.) as this one.

If BC can get a MBB coach who can coach, recruit, and market like Addazio, then I think BC MBB will recover and be fine. A big if, I agree.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Skinner had a hand in that though. As I pointed out before, he did not sign a first year player before his final year. This forced Donahue to over recruit in 2011. Calipari can coach a team of all the same class to the National Championship, but there are two differences. Kentucky attracts the best talent in the country and based on prior results, that NC is expected to be rescinded in 3 years.

Point take re: Skinner. It did make SD's job harder. That said, I think most would agree that SD's recruiting efforts were largely ineffective, which sealed his fate at BC.

Reaction Score
Whoever goes there will not win. That school is cursed. Anyone associated with them will be doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom