OT - BC Steals TE from Cuse | The Boneyard

OT - BC Steals TE from Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that should alter the balance of power in the ACC - formerly known as the Big East

Reaction Score
I think he meant connection to why we should care aka UConn Football

Reaction Score
I think he meant connection to why we should care aka UConn Football

No it was a sarcastic question wondering what the heck would lure him to BC. Clearly was not very good or just went over people's heads. Likely the former.

Reaction Score
Geez - it said off topic.

Hell, we have topics on beer here (agree more important than BCU).

My bad man I see that came off very much like a total

Me and you usually agree on most things, didn't mean to offend

Reaction Score
Maybe this kid saw that Marrone was potentially bolting to the NFL, which just happened (good luck to him with the Buffalo Bills). Wonder if we can get some of (maybe one at least) the SU commits to flip to us...

Reaction Score
Maybe this kid saw that Marrone was potentially bolting to the NFL, which just happened (good luck to him with the Buffalo Bills). Wonder if we can get some of (maybe one at least) the SU commits to flip to us...

Here's the cold hard truth. We are no longer recruiting at level that Cuse, RU, and the others are. That ship has sailed in the past few months. Until (and God forbid if) we land in a better spot, we are now being viewed by recruits as a Conf USA team. Look at this league in 2014. It's not even as good as Conf USA was this year.

I also wonder if Laray Smith's announcement was put on hold because of Marrone's departure?

Reaction Score
Sadly, I think Jimmy is 100% right. Espirit de corps it is.

pj

Reaction Score
RU has been outrecruiting us for years. The problem may be becoming worse, but we do have some good players in the program and good coaching will keep us competitive. No question, we do need to solve the conference alignment issue if the program is to prosper.

Reaction Score
Here's the cold hard truth. We are no longer recruiting at level that Cuse, RU, and the others are. That ship has sailed in the past few months. Until (and God forbid if) we land in a better spot, we are now being viewed by recruits as a Conf USA team. Look at this league in 2014. It's not even as good as Conf USA was this year.

I also wonder if Laray Smith's announcement was put on hold because of Marrone's departure?
Have you seen Houston's recruiting class? We also have the same amount of 3 star recruits as SU. Little dramatic?

Reaction Score
Have you seen Houston's recruiting class? We also have the same amount of 3 star recruits as SU. Little dramatic?

No, not being over dramatic at all. Hey if you want to pretend that we can compete for recruits going forward in a lower tier conference have at it.

Reaction Score
No, not being over dramatic at all. Hey if you want to pretend that we can compete for recruits going forward in a lower tier conference have at it.
We're getting the most 3 star recruits we've ever had coming in next year.

Reaction Score
We're getting the most 3 star recruits we've ever had coming in next year.

I have no intention of arguing with you over this. But all of our recruits right now committed to us when the Big East Conference still existed. I will be shocked if we don't see some defects in a month. This isn't difficult to comprehend: until we land somewhere else, the conference we are in is not in the same class as the ACC, B1G, or the other power conferences. It's not even on the level as the Mountain West. To think we could consistently compete for recruits with Cuse, Pitt, RU, etc. (even as BE members we struggled for recruits with them) going forward is frankly, foolish.

Reaction Score
I am sure that's why Houston is out-recruiting Syracuse, by FAR. Oh, love the pessimism.

pj

Reaction Score
We'll see how it plays out. But UConn will probably be in a major conference around the time that today's recruits get into their first game. It's not clear it should figure that strongly with them. I am sure it will be a major stumbling block to some recruits, but not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom