OT: BC Roster Depth takes a hit | The Boneyard

OT: BC Roster Depth takes a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Definition of classless. No respect for teammates or coaches. Shows what a team player he is.

My understanding is he practiced with BC yesterday, too. Never let BC know he was even considering the move. Just let them know he was leaving.

Reaction Score
Definition of classless. No respect for teammates or coaches. Shows what a team player he is.

My understanding is he practiced with BC yesterday, too. Never let BC know he was even considering the move. Just let them know he was leaving.
Yup...there was a TON of rumor he would never even hit the ice at BC. For this to happen something had to have come from the Maple Leafs...he just didn't make this decision all on his own. He will most likely be playing on a line with Keith Tkachuk's son in Kitchener. Sonny Milano bailed on BC after the draft last year and played in the OHL with the Plymouth Whalers.

Reaction Score
An unfortunate part of big-time college hockey. The Canadian leagues can do whatever they want with US players, throw money at them, contact them repeatedly, contact family, associates, anyone. They came after Eichel like hounds all throughout last year as well. The worst part is the NCAA can do absolutely nothing about this. At some level I almost feel bad for BC because this is a total i*tbag move by Bracco to quit on the team three weeks into the season. You have to be a real coward to not have the balls to make this move during the offseason.

Reaction Score
Classy

BC Hockey Blog
‏@bchockeyblog1
5h5 hours ago

Few sources have indicated bracco notified York of decision to leave BC via text message. If in fact true that tells me all I need to know

Reaction Score
An unfortunate part of big-time college hockey. The Canadian leagues can do whatever they want with US players, throw money at them, contact them repeatedly, contact family, associates, anyone. They came after Eichel like hounds all throughout last year as well. The worst part is the NCAA can do absolutely nothing about this. At some level I almost feel bad for BC because this is a total i*tbag move by Bracco to quit on the team three weeks into the season. You have to be a real coward to not have the balls to make this move during the offseason.
There is NO WAY Bracco did this without permission from Toronto...I wouldn't be surprised if they encouraged the move to tell you the truth. They replaced former PC star Jimmy Hughes as Director of Player Development in the front office purge and Director of Player Personnel Mark Hunter is former GM of the OHL's Sarnia Sting and Asst GM Kyle Dubas was hired away from the Sault St Marie Greyhounds where he was GM. I think that the Leafs got a development report on Bracco and told him it would be better for him to head north to the OHL and Kitchener...
Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Liam Murphy left AOF for Moncton of the QMJHL when he did.

Reaction Score
I just do not understand turning your back on your teammates and coaches like that. Offseason? Fine. It's part of the business. During the season? Way out of line.

Bailing on a top five team with the best goalie in the country that has a tremendous chance to be at the Frozen Four in April? Teams are better off without players like that.

Reaction Score
I just do not understand turning your back on your teammates and coaches like that. Offseason? Fine. It's part of the business. During the season? Way out of line.

Bailing on a top five team with the best goalie in the country that has a tremendous chance to be at the Frozen Four in April? Teams are better off without players like that.
Totally agree...and to do it by text...complete scumbag move!

Reaction Score

You're right, but these Canadian teams dangle hundreds of thousands of dollars, schedules with few practices, no class, lots of games, and an easy structure to load up points and make yourself look great. For some kids, it's very hard to say no.

Reaction Score
There is NO WAY Bracco did this without permission from Toronto...I wouldn't be surprised if they encouraged the move to tell you the truth. They replaced former PC star Jimmy Hughes as Director of Player Development in the front office purge and Director of Player Personnel Mark Hunter is former GM of the OHL's Sarnia Sting and Asst GM Kyle Dubas was hired away from the Sault St Marie Greyhounds where he was GM. I think that the Leafs got a development report on Bracco and told him it would be better for him to head north to the OHL and Kitchener...
Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Liam Murphy left AOF for Moncton of the QMJHL when he did.
Some interesting info this morning on Twitter that apparently TOR wanted Bracco to go to BC to get physically stronger. This makes the OHL move even more confusing because the game schedule in the OHL prohibits any kind of significant weightlifting regimen. Seeing a few pictures of him, it does look like he needs some time in the weight room, which he won't get in Canada.

Edit:

Of course Lou's never going to admit that he had a hand in the decision, but that's not the quote of a guy who's trying to deflect the question and make it sound like he's not involved. Additionally, he has loads of roots in the college game, specifically in Hockey East, so he knows full well the positives and negatives of playing in the NCAA and OHL. I'm more inclined to believe Toronto was not an active participant in this decision. There'd been rumblings of Bracco going to Canada before he came to BC and before he was drafted by Toronto.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If this is in fact true...it was not a good move for that kid.
Some interesting info this morning on Twitter that apparently TOR wanted Bracco to go to BC to get physically stronger. This makes the OHL move even more confusing because the game schedule in the OHL prohibits any kind of significant weightlifting regimen. Seeing a few pictures of him, it does look like he needs some time in the weight room, which he won't get in Canada.

Edit:

Of course Lou's never going to admit that he had a hand in the decision, but that's not the quote of a guy who's trying to deflect the question and make it sound like he's not involved. Additionally, he has loads of roots in the college game, specifically in Hockey East, so he knows full well the positives and negatives of playing in the NCAA and OHL. I'm more inclined to believe Toronto was not an active participant in this decision. There'd been rumblings of Bracco going to Canada before he came to BC and before he was drafted by Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom