Men - OT: Baseball Glove Conditioning | The Boneyard

Men OT: Baseball Glove Conditioning

Reaction Score
I have my brothers 45+ year old baseball glove that he used in little league. He recently died and in going through his limited amount of belongings I was surprised he kept his childhood baseball glove, so I brought it home. He was left handed, as is my grandson.

It’s been ten+ years since I‘ve used my glove and I was wondering what the current best practice is for conditioning a glove. I was never a fan of oils, except for initial coating, imo it made gloves heavy over time. I used to use foam spray shaving cream, it was always in my bag.

Right now, I am looking at Sarna Conditioner. Anyone use this? It’s water based and it seems, to me, the best conditioner today.

I only had 3 gloves for life starting in high school. One was stolen from me and another lost to a flood. My last glove was a Mizuno which I could take out and use today. I’d love to hear your glove stories, it was such an important part of my life growing up.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
My Dad's glove circa 1939 and mine circa 1971. I used Glovolium way back in the day and they're still soft and supple.

gloves.jpg

Reaction Score
Try mink oil. All I ever used on my gloves were saddle soap and mink oil. Saddle soap to help break in the glove and condition it but mink oil as maintanence. Isnt as heavy as saddle soap.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Condolences on losing your brother.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One was stolen from me and another lost to a flood.
I had a nice glove I got for cheap at the CPTV auction way back when. Was stolen in my first month at UConn. Memories!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom