(OT) Bad case of daddyball at UCLA right now | The Boneyard

(OT) Bad case of daddyball at UCLA right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
How Welsch was a McDAA over Hamilton is insane.

Reaction Score
In fairness, Alford's son has been their most productive player, and it isn't as if there are a ton of guys you'd rather have putting shots up. That 5 for 39 in his last three games looks pretty bad, though.

Reaction Score
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400593247

Alford's son seems to have the green light to lay bricks. Wow. Downright terrible over the past few games.

Bryce Alford is possibly UCLA's best player this season. He's their leading scorer & assist guy. Defense is UCLA's downfall this year. B. Alford is not the fall guy, he's been one of their positives along with Looney, Powell, & Isaac Ham.

Reaction Score
Bryce Alford is possibly UCLA's best player this season. He's their leading scorer & assist guy. Defense is UCLA's downfall this year. B. Alford is not the fall guy, he's been one of their positives along with Looney, Powell, & Isaac Ham.

UCLA has lost 5 in a row and Alford has shot 17 for 64 over those 5 games. I would say his shooting has been a big part of their problem.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
UCLA has lost 5 in a row and Alford has shot 17 for 64 over those 5 games. I would say his shooting has been a big part of their problem.

Norman Powell, starting SG and senior leader? 17 for 65 over that same stretch.
Kevon Looney was one of the top rebounders in the country with 11.2 RPG over the first 6 games. In those losses, he hasn't hit double digit boards once, and he's also fouled out twice.
Their starting center (Tony Parker) has only had more than 5 rebounds once in the past five games.
Backup center (Welsh) has been their most-used bench player and is a putrid 5 for 21 from the field in those 5 games. As a 7 footer who I don't think has taken a shot outside of the paint all year, that's inexcusable.

Alford's shooting has been woeful, but he's not the only thing wrong with this team. He's actually not a half-bad passer - if only his teammates could make shots.

Reaction Score
Issac Ham not having much of a year. Against quality opponents he mostly disappears. Versus week sistas he sometimes disappears. Versus big boyz he sometimes is present. Maybe addition bysubtraction. When Danham joins Issac they can help bruins by only taking one schollie and clone into that deadly one two punch, the issac brothers . . .

Reaction Score
quick hitters; "Twist and Shout", "Pop that Thang", "Between the Sheets"?? for the pick and POP charts

Reaction Score
2min5sec clip: a must see

youtube this: Mix-Isley Brothers Live-Twist & Shout-S e x y Dancers

check big guy in blue suit dancing on stage, guess who he is?

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Issac Ham not having much of a year. Against quality opponents he mostly disappears. Versus week sistas he sometimes disappears. Versus big boyz he sometimes is present. Maybe addition bysubtraction. When Danham joins Issac they can help bruins by only taking one schollie and clone into that deadly one two punch, the issac brothers . . .
tumblr_n81i6aNA121tfr48ro2_500.jpg

Reaction Score
I like Steve Alford but not sold on him as a "great" coach who deserved that gig to revitalize UCLA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Isn't Price Ali there? Or has he chose another school?

Reaction Score
No buzz - sadly. Silence on Stone front and will be a late spring signee to address scoring need to compliment Adams. Prince would have fit that bill nicely.

All the best to you and our Huskies in '15

Reaction Score
No buzz - sadly. Silence on Stone front and will be a late spring signee to address scoring need to compliment Adams. Prince would have fit that bill nicely.

All the best to you and our Huskies in '15

"will" be a late signee or might be? I like confidence even if not 100% lol

Thanks

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Alford's kid has had a rough spot and the boxscore vs Utah is horrendous, however, it is Utah and that team is playing lights out defense - Larry K is a coach.
I have seen Alford Jr play some really good ball - overall that UCLA team is puzzling - thay have good talent but none of the players have shown up
I really think it boils down to Alford Sr - it's not a good fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32