OT: Arbitrator Slams ARod - full year suspension | The Boneyard

OT: Arbitrator Slams ARod - full year suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ARod knew he was cooked from the beginning. His walking out of the arbitration proceeding was his final big bluff move. Good. Like to think performance enhancing drugging is over, but there will always be another chemical to beat testing and guys who will go with it.

He is blustering about getting a reversal in federal court, but that is a very slim chance. At the very best he would end up with a right to a new arbitration process. Course he is a narcistic personality and I would be happy to see him spend more millions in this foolishness. Not as happy as his legal team, but happy.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
GREAT. Can't wait to see him gone from the Yankees.

I know they won't, but I would hope the Yankees release him and let him scream and whine some more. It would make a statement about cheaters to the rest of the league and maybe other teams would follow.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Too bad, I was hoping the Yankees would have to pay him this year.

Reaction Score
Too bad, I was hoping the Yankees would have to pay him this year.[/quo
I thought he had to be paid because his contract is guaranteed. Whether he plays this year will be up to the timing and outcome of his upcoming suit against mlb.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not according to the arbiters ruling.

Reaction Score
Better yet The Yankees have to give it to a charity, like the Taylor Hooten Foundation, and ARod gets nothing.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I am so over these posers.... A Rod, Lance, etc., etc.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
yeah - I was hoping for the full 200+ games.

Kind of wonder what Jeter was thinking afterward when he got to see the replays of the slap and how standing up for a teammate sometimes drags you into the muck.

News is saying that Yankees are free of the A-Rod payments for this year, I believe it's still three more years afterward that are left on the contract, so they still have a pretty hefty sword hanging over them. There's talk of a buy-out, but I'm not sure what A-Rod's incentive to do so would be unless there was a sure indication that another team was willing to pick him up while he can still swing a bat a wee bit in 2015. That could be a stretch though.

Reaction Score
Too bad, I was hoping the Yankees would have to pay him this year.

From MLB Netwrok last night they estimated Yanks will have to pay him about $3m this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom