OT: 5 entities vying for management of XL & the RENT... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 5 entities vying for management of XL & the RENT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The original expansion to 50k design involves a third tier to be built above, and I believe overhang - not sure about that - but I know it was a third level to go opposite the tower, and the endzones unchanged. I think we should probably complete the original design, before we start knocking walls down.

it would be nice to have a third tier above the student section as well, with open ended corners and leaving the scoreboard side open. It would essentially model the basic design of Heinz field, which is another field with distinct weather home field advantages.

The wind and weather patterns around Rentschler are a distinct home field advantage, when that wind is blowing in off the runway, it swirls in there worse than the old Giants stadium and when you're going into it, it makes a huge difference. I remember seeing a Zach Collaros throw essentially die in mid-air in the wind and get picked off by one of our DB's - I think Mike Lang, a few years ago.

Don't want to get rid of that for teams coming in.

I was under the impression that footings for expansion were already built at the scoreboard end of the field. I recalled hearing that it would only take 1 off-season to easily add 10K seats to that end. No idea what would happen to the board or a 3rd tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom