OT: 4-6 week delay for Yard Goats Stadium | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: 4-6 week delay for Yard Goats Stadium

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think new haven was one of, if not, the first to have shotspotter technology around the city.

Gun waving New Haven. Love that town.

Reaction Score
I guess I'm just amazed at the people who blindly defend Hartford like it's this great city and there's nothing to fear.
You are the only one talking in extremes regarding Hartford.
If someone defends a city does that mean they are saying it's great?

Reaction Score
I don't believe this for a second.

Option A: Yes!!!! Another murder!
Option B: I can't believe these stooges don't recognize the violent crime problem in Hartford.

If you really think I post as option A over option B, you're dumber than I originally gave you credit for being.

Reaction Score
HARTFORD — City officials have confirmed that the developers of a $63 million minor league ballpark being built just north of downtown have not met their legal obligation to "substantially complete" construction by today.

The city, developer and Hartford Yard Goats owner Josh Solomon signed an agreement in January making May 17 the deadline for handing over the stadium in preparation for a May 31 home opener.

Mayor Luke Bronin and Solomon were not immediately available for comment.

When told of the city's announcement Joe McEacharn, president of the Eastern League, said "I'm not surprised."

Bronin's Office: Construction Of Dunkin' Donuts Park Not 'Substantially Complete'

Shocker. Cue the lawsuit.

Reaction Score
I remember when no one would dare challenge Deepster on this board. Time goes by.....

Reaction Score
Option B: I can't believe these stooges don't recognize the violent crime problem in Hartford.

If you really think I post as option A over option B, you're dumber than I originally gave you credit for being.

Who doesn't recognize there are violent crimes in Hartford? Holy Cow everyone! A big city has crime! Hide the women and children?

I will ask again because you didn't respond when I posed this question: you appear to be very knowledgeable on the violent crime in Hartford. What is the percentage of violent crimes in which the perpetrator did not know the victims?

Reaction Score
Who doesn't recognize there are violent crimes in Hartford? Holy Cow everyone! A big city has crime! Hide the women and children?

I will ask again because you didn't respond when I posed this question: you appear to be very knowledgeable on the violent crime in Hartford. What is the percentage of violent crimes in which the perpetrator did not know the victims?

I don't think there is data available on that question. If there were, I would imagine "violent" might potentially include assaults or domestic violence, which would clearly lean the numbers one way.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is data available on that question. If there were, I would imagine "violent" might potentially include assaults or domestic violence, which would clearly lean the numbers one way.

Just use murders then. How many of the murders in hartford involved people that did not know each other?

Reaction Score
Just use murders then. How many of the murders in hartford involved people that did not know each other?

Well, there are murders, unsolved murders, attempted murders and manslaughter. And I imagine you're not talking about vehicular manslaughter. Just your run of the mill manslaughter, right?

Reaction Score
Well, there are murders, unsolved murders, attempted murders and manslaughter. And I imagine you're not talking about vehicular manslaughter. Just your run of the mill manslaughter, right?

I am talking murder and attempted murder.

Reaction Score

There are people like you who are option A. Sorry if you don't like me calling you out for it. You see an article about another Hartford murder and you get tingling in your fingers as you rush to the boneyard to post about it. It's pretty obvious

Reaction Score
There are people like you who are option A. Sorry if you don't like me calling you out for it. You see an article about another Hartford murder and you get tingling in your fingers as you rush to the boneyard to post about it. It's pretty obvious

Okay.

Well the double murder this week was a block away from my old high school. And there was a shooting last year in the apartment building I grew up in. If you think I'm psyched about that stuff, have at it, sport.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Okay.

Well the double murder this week was a block away from my old high school. And there was a shooting last year in the apartment building I grew up in. If you think I'm psyched about that stuff, have at it, sport.

You do realize the double murder this week the shooter knew the victims...like everyone has been saying a random person largely has nothing to worry about if they have common sense.

Reaction Score
You do realize the double murder this week the shooter knew the victims...like everyone has been saying a random person largely has nothing to worry about if they have common sense.

Oh! "Everyone has been saying" it? Well, then it must be true. Thanks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's not exactly a great reason to discount a double murder.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
boy this post, on a hoop board, about the boondoggle Goats, with Cesspool like comments.
Just sayin'..... not that I disagree.
Cap City is a Welfare City, most on public assistance. It will take lotsa liberals in highrise condos to offset that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Quite a few chuckles in today's spoof article on the stadium. Definitely worth the click...

EAT IT UP !!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's great. Love that one of them works for Centerplan. I have a feeling I know how the presumably inebriated conversation among him and his friends went:

"Dudes, you guys should see the new ball field where I'm working. It's pretty sweet."

"Dude, you should get us in there!"

"Dudes, I could totally do that."

"Let's go now!"

"I'm not sure. I could get in trouble..."

"Dude, how are we going to get caught? People are committing double-murders in broad daylight there. You think anyone is going to care if we're checking out the new park?"

"Dude has a point."

"Ok. Let's go."

"Hey, let's grab some bats, balls and gloves. We can play a game!"

"TOTALLY!!!"

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members