OSU President Gee's comments about UL... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OSU President Gee's comments about UL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Acc- if the network doesn't work in a couple years has a 28mil per team line in it. That makes it pretty obvious that ESPN thinks both the big and sec will make 30+ and they need to keep the acc within distance to survive. Or if the network works and they can buy back everything then expect that total to be just over 30. The acc is set to be the 4th best in money, top or 2nd in bball and 4th in fball. They made it. They had go getters that were aggressive. We didn't. Academics are nice, go root for Yale. Do they have a board like this? Sports trump academics. Money trumps all. Lville put sports ahead of academics and then money over the town. They got a invite. Rutgers put sports over academics to a point of fail we have never seen and are still reading news about. They then took money and expanded to the states dreg. They got a invite. Eventually a few here and at uconn will get it. Or at least I continue to sit here and hope they will.

I may be a 20 year old home less jack wagon who smokes crack and rants, but this stuff seems pretty straight forward. So based off this I predict uconn will not market season tickets to the public, not care about the direction of football and won't do 1 million other things that the big boys do.

Reaction Score
You guys have only been bragging about it for the last 4 pages, so it must be.
Come on man. We beat you with Brohm, we beat you with Bridgewater. Beating you guys is,nothing special to us. You have a nice program, but don't try to make yourself some kind if power.

Reaction Score
Acc- if the network doesn't work in a couple years has a 28mil per team line in it. That makes it pretty obvious that ESPN thinks both the big and sec will make 30+ and they need to keep the acc within distance to survive. Or if the network works and they can buy back everything then expect that total to be just over 30. The acc is set to be the 4th best in money, top or 2nd in bball and 4th in fball. They made it. They had go getters that were aggressive. We didn't. Academics are nice, go root for Yale. Do they have a board like this? Sports trump academics. Money trumps all. Lville put sports ahead of academics and then money over the town. They got a invite. Rutgers put sports over academics to a point of fail we have never seen and are still reading news about. They then took money and expanded to the states dreg. They got a invite. Eventually a few here and at uconn will get it. Or at least I continue to sit here and hope they will.

I may be a 20 year old home less jack wagon who smokes crack and rants, but this stuff seems pretty straight forward. So based off this I predict uconn will not market season tickets to the public, not care about the direction of football and won't do 1 million other things that the big boys do.

The 28mm is 2mm per 14 full members if I remember correctly. It bumps them from just shy of 18 to just shy of 20 per team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The 28mm is 2mm per 14 full members if I remember correctly. It bumps them from just shy of 18 to just shy of 20 per team.

Why did u have to take the bait?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
God this board has become unreadable. I used to enjoy it but it seems to have been over run by idiots in the past month. The B1G folk who came at first seemed to be knowledgable and all but they've run their course. Next came my favorite fan group, Rutgers. They were a bundle of fun. Now we have these two idiot Louisville fans? Seriously?? Do you have nothing better to do with your time than to come to another teams board and just be a provoking @$$? I mean come on.....I guess the CR board has run its course for me....too bad too.

Reaction Score
Given that you post about a hundred times a day here, when would you find the time?

It takes me a lot less than 15 minutes to type 20 words. Amazing, I know, but I'm certainly not the product of a Kentucky education.

Reaction Score
Barring a run in the BET, you guys were a borderline NCAA Tournament team. A decent SOS is nice (every Big East team had one), but a losing record against top 50 teams doesn't impress the committee.

Wrong on all counts.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Welcome to Louisville where it takes Internet posters 15 minutes to type 20 words and 15 years to realize the city balance sheet was rape'd by a commuter school. Yum! My type of timeline.

Reaction Score
I went on a cruise and met some nice people who were Louisville grads. I was shocked to learn that they considered us a big rival. It's nice to beat them, but I could really care less about the "rivalry." If their fans really care about beating us, then they are the Providence of the South.

Reaction Score
It takes me a lot less than 15 minutes to type 20 words. Amazing, I know, but I'm certainly not the product of a Kentucky education.

I sure hope so; if not you never would have held onto that secretarial position. Don't forget all of the time it takes you to:

1. Scour the board for anything remotely unflattering to UConn.
2. Work yourself into a snit.
3. Prepare a pithy comeback.
4. De-bunch your panties.
5. Be overcome with smug satisfaction.
6. Lather, rinse & repeat.

You must be a shut in - no?

Reaction Score
Welcome to Louisville where it takes Internet posters 15 minutes to type 20 words and 15 years to realize the city balance sheet was rape'd by a commuter school. Yum! My type of timeline.

Ummm, pretty sure our new arena will cost the taxpayers significantly less than the 1.5B that your state legislature is wanting to hand a school that no major conference is interested in associating with...

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Ummm, pretty sure our new arena will cost the taxpayers significantly less than the 1.5B that your state legislature is wanting to hand a school that no major conference is interested in associating with...

The 1.5B initiative has nothing to do with athletics. UConn won't buy its way into any conference let alone cook the books to do so.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
and to be honest, I don't mind my tax dollars going to improved secondary education. There's a lot worse it can be spent on. FWIW, CT was running a surplus before the economic downturn. I'd expect us to be running a surplus soon enough.

Reaction Score
The 1.5B initiative has nothing to do with athletics. UConn won't buy its way into any conference let alone cook the books to do so.

Never suggested it did - I was simply commenting on the total amount of tax dollars earmarked irrespective of their purpose. BTW, your continued ranting about Louisville "cooking the books" doesn't hold water - not that I need you to trot out your "evidence" again. You've beat that dead horse until its just a stain...

Reaction Score
God this board has become unreadable. I used to enjoy it but it seems to have been over run by idiots in the past month. The B1G folk who came at first seemed to be knowledgable and all but they've run their course. Next came my favorite fan group, Rutgers. They were a bundle of fun. Now we have these two idiot Louisville fans? Seriously?? Do you have nothing better to do with your time than to come to another teams board and just be a provoking @ ? I mean come on.....I guess the CR board has run its course for me....too bad too.

I post here, not to provoke, but because I believe I share a common interest with a number of you: UConn to the B1G. The initial expansion of the B1G to include Penn State and then Nebraska made sense to me given their status as football brands. After the announcement that Maryland and Rutgers were invited, my initial reaction was similar to that of a number of my fellow B1G alums: why? However, as I came to understand the rationale, my perspective changed to: is that it? I think the end game for the B1G was UNC and UVA but it was arrogant of the B1G leadership to think that their joining the B1G was a foregone conclusion just because Maryland and Rutgers were invited. I also think it remains arrogant for the B1G leadership to think we have a bi-regional conference and can capture the NYC market just because Maryland and Rutgers were invited. Since this B1G expansion is now about developing academic collaboration with universities and penetrating markets on the east coast, then do it right. Seek out public research universities in the east that meet the mold of the B1G and will provide the academic collaboration and market penetration desired to be a true bi-regional conference. During this process, do not discount a university just because it lacks AAU membership . Do I have insider information?: no. Do I have sway on the B1G leadership?: no. As an Ohio State alum, I care about the B1G and think UConn would be a great addition to the conference. I wanted to post to let you know that there are some of us in the B1G who see your value and let you know that we appreciate you seeing value in becoming a B1G member. If us "B1G folk have run our course" then I will stop posting and hope that one day UConn receives a B1G invite and wish you well until that time.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

You're not very bright are you?

You make a reference to CT spending 1.5B on a school that is not in a major conference and then I say

and then you say

Never suggested it did - I was simply commenting on the total amount of tax dollars earmarked irrespective of their purpose.

If you never meant to suggest that the initiative has anything to do with athletics why would you say anything about a major conference?

See, if you want to make a point, make a point. However, at least try to be consistent about it. Other wise you just embarrass yourself. Maybe you're used to that, though. I don't know.

Reaction Score
I post here, not to provoke, but because I believe I share a common interest with a number of you: UConn to the B1G. The initial expansion of the B1G to include Penn State and then Nebraska made sense to me given their status as football brands. After the announcement that Maryland and Rutgers were invited, my initial reaction was similar to that of a number of my fellow B1G alums: why? However, as I came to understand the rationale, my perspective changed to: is that it? I think the end game for the B1G was UNC and UVA but it was arrogant of the B1G leadership to think that their joining the B1G was a foregone conclusion just because Maryland and Rutgers were invited. I also think it remains arrogant for the B1G leadership to think we have a bi-regional conference and can capture the NYC market just because Maryland and Rutgers were invited. Since this B1G expansion is now about developing academic collaboration with universities and penetrating markets on the east coast, then do it right. Seek out public research universities in the east that meet the mold of the B1G and will provide the academic collaboration and market penetration desired to be a true bi-regional conference. During this process, do not discount a university just because it lacks AAU membership . Do I have insider information?: no. Do I have sway on the B1G leadership?: no. As an Ohio State alum, I care about the B1G and think UConn would be a great addition to the conference. I wanted to post to let you know that there are some of us in the B1G who see your value and let you know that we appreciate you seeing value in becoming a B1G member. If us "B1G folk have run our course" then I will stop posting and hope that one day UConn receives a B1G invite and wish you well until that time.

You are more than welcome to post on our board. I can't say the same for couple of those UL fans, but it is refreshing to read your input. Yes, just about all the UCONN fans want UCONN in the B1G since we would be with our academic state flagship peers. In the ACC, we won't be because there are only UVA and UNC that are state flagship universities. I hope our leadership can get us into the B1G. In return, UCONN will help B1G penetrate New England and NYC markets. I hope no doubt UCONN football will grow rapidly in the B1G.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Don't go. We need allies. The couple of Cardinal fans are wearing thin, ATM.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

It was probably unfair of me to group the B1G folks in my original post as many of you have offered information and been open to conversation and provoked positive conversation. Really I was directing it to the posters from other schools who have nothing to contribute other than defending their schools and putting down UConn at the same time. It's one thing to come and post sensibly and openly. It's another to clog up the board with crap that just wastes time. So again, my apologies for including you all in that. You and some of the other B1G posters have been a nice addition to the board.

Reaction Score
I sure hope so; if not you never would have held onto that secretarial position. Don't forget all of the time it takes you to:

1. Scour the board for anything remotely unflattering to UConn.
2. Work yourself into a snit.
3. Prepare a pithy comeback.
4. De-bunch your panties.
5. Be overcome with smug satisfaction.
6. Lather, rinse & repeat.

You must be a shut in - no?

This is about a 50/50 post regarding the city (I strain to even call it that) of Louisville. Nothing to do with unflattering comments about UConn. No, I didn't get worked up about it--I can care less about hickville. I'm not the one that was grossly insulted by a post that said, I like Ville sports, jazz and a hotel, but the town entertainment is a strip mall where you can't get a taxi, and someone's blood boiled. Not mine. I'm not on your board either. I suggest you grow up and grow some thicker skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom