Orlovsky returns to Detroit | The Boneyard

Orlovsky returns to Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
being a lions fan, i kinda like this move..stafford is not trending the right way, and very injury prone. he has familiarity with caldwell. i know most lions fans would rather swallow their own vomit, than to make this move, but idk, i think he might get a chance to blow up on the low...

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
With McCown signing with TB the writing was probably on the wall. Glad Dan O may lath on for another season and collect some coin. Greatest gig is holding a clipboard as a 2 or 3 and bot getting hit!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
How many career starts does Orlovsky have?

Not to be a tool (usually stated when someone is in fact being a tool)....but why ask a question like this? Do you actually think someone knows off the top of their head? Or...do you not know how to use Google? Or...are you utilizing this site as if it was "ask jeeves" and you are hoping someone else will look it up for you while you trade posts with The Jerk?

Reaction Score
Not to be a tool (usually stated when someone is in fact being a tool)....but why ask a question like this? Do you actually think someone knows off the top of their head? Or...do you not know how to use Google? Or...are you utilizing this site as if it was "ask jeeves" and you are hoping someone else will look it up for you while you trade posts with The Jerk?

Thank you for the insult...gee wiz. I will follow your suggestions from now on so there is no confusion and you don't have go off on a tangent. If this is the worst question asked here I think we would be in good shape.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Full disclosure....I knew I was being a "jerk" (sorry...couldnt resist). But it does frustrate me when people ask questions that they could get answers themselves faster than they could type in the question on a message board. For example...."What time is the game on Saturday?". "Is today's game on ESPN?".

It is probably my issue. My apologies...

Reaction Score
I don't know why Detroit fans would be upset. Yes, he played mop up on some historically bad Lions (remember Daunte Culpepper and Jon Kitna went down) and Colts (after Manning, Kerry Collins AND Curtis Painter) teams. He wasn't the number one guy and yet he kept them competitive in just about every game he played. Hell, in 2011 he was CRITICIZED for not tanking enough so the Colts could draft Luck (how dare he win 2 out of his last 3 games!)!

Reaction Score
Good for Dan O. Although I don't hope Stafford gets injured for the millionth time, but chances are he'll go down again at some point in the season. I just hope Caldwell puts him in first over some other bum like he did with the oh-so-great Curtis Painter in Indy. If Stafford goes down early in the season, I hope he has a Matt Cassel after Brady went down kinda year. Dan O is a really good QB and I've done nothing but root for him even when he played against my favorite team.

Reaction Score
I don't know why Detroit fans would be upset. Yes, he played mop up on some historically bad Lions (remember Daunte Culpepper and Jon Kitna went down) and Colts (after Manning, Kerry Collins AND Curtis Painter) teams. He wasn't the number one guy and yet he kept them competitive in just about every game he played. Hell, in 2011 he was CRITICIZED for not tanking enough so the Colts could draft Luck (how dare he win 2 out of his last 3 games!)!

this...
2nicfp1.gif

Last edited:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

You are channeling your inner SportsArt.

Reaction Score
How many career starts does Orlovsky have?
Started 12, has played in 24. Little harder to find than ShakyTheMohel implied in his attack of Navin. I had to re-google as most stats I found only had his games played.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Started 12, has played in 24. Little harder to find than ShakyTheMohel implied in his attack of Navin. I had to re-google as most stats I found only had his games played.

I was going to let this go....but since you called me out for the "attack"...and it is slow season here.....I stand by my earlier comments. He asked for a statistic that he could have looked up himself. Instead you answered his question two weeks later.

Seems inefficient to me.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I am not sure that is allowed in message board etiquette. It is commonly known as the "nelson rule". If you have a disagreement with another poster, you dig your heels in and never give an inch. Seeking common ground and being civil is not an option.

;)

Reaction Score
The "attack" comment was supposed to have some sarcasm to it, but I guess that's another problem with message boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom