Orlando set to host third bowl game featuring teams from AAC, Sun Belt | The Boneyard

Orlando set to host third bowl game featuring teams from AAC, Sun Belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...wl-game-aac-sun-belt-20140414,0,4605138.story

>>The Orlando Sports Foundation, which originally pitched the Cure Bowl as a game that could be played at UCF’s Bright House Networks Stadium and would benefit breast cancer-related charities, will manage the new bowl.<<

UCFSports 2:38pm via Web
The "Cure Bowl" is a go! American vs. Sun Belt to be played at the Citrus Bowl. Official announcement set for Wednesday.

Thinking they should have gone w/ the "Save the Tata's Bowl" but that's just me.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
oh boy. at least the teams should be local.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
At least this is a fun, cheap, easy destination to get to for post season play. Also that stadium is brand new and nice.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I have no interest playing the Sun Belt teams. It makes me sick that is the best we can do.

Reaction Score
Ohhhhh. Goody. I always wanted to play UL-Monroe in Floriduh.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don't get the complaining about this...the AAC doesn't exactly have a killler lineup of schools that are known for football success and traveling for bowl games. So why do some of you think that the conference deserves better than the bowl games that it is getting?

Big East with UL, WVU, Pitt, Cuse had agreements to play in Detroit, Canada and Birmingham. AAC has Tulsa, Tulane and Temple (Tufts wasn't interested?)

As someone else mentioned...Orlando is a great place to visit...easy to get to and lots to do. Sun Belt isn't that bad of a conference.

Reaction Score
Ohhhhh. Goody. I always wanted to play UL-Monroe in Floriduh.
UL Monroe would have kicked oor butts the last few years. I know not exciting but some of the see sunbelt teams can play

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That's terrific for them, but the entire point is to not be in a position where teams from the sun belt are a threat in any way, shape or form, however spunky they may be.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
a team I wouldn't mind us scheduling a home and home with or at least a one off with is South Alabama. They have a good team and a pretty rabid fan base for what the school is and they've got a couple of bigger names going to their stadium (Mississippi State is playing there this year)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We are not getting it. The profile of future UConn opponents can not include the words, "who?" "where?" or the phrase, "Do they play football?"

BYU, Boise, Army, and one FCS (Stony Brook) should be the minimum bar when it comes to scheduling going forward.

And I'd like to see the FCS dropped and at least one P5 member going forward.

I ain't got time for South Alabama and neither does UConn.

Reaction Score
We are not getting it. The profile of future UConn opponents can not include the words, "who?" "where?" or the phrase, "Do they play football?"

BYU, Boise, Army, and one FCS (Stony Brook) should be the minimum bar when it comes to scheduling going forward.

And I'd like to see the FCS dropped and at least one P5 member going forward.

I ain't got time for South Alabama and neither does UConn.

Seriously, if we make this bowl, I will be dutifully watching it on TV. The chances of actually travelling to see it would be next to nil. At least they are doing what they can to make sure that every bowl eligible team has a place to go.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
When you can buy season tickets to UConn and see seven games vs better opponents for a fraction of the cost of a meaningless bowl, is it even logical to go to these bowls?

I went to Charlotte, Buffalo, Birmingham and Phoenix, but I'll be damned to spend $500 to see us play some crap school in a crap bowl. I'd rather dump my money into the school through season tickets.

Reaction Score
I don't get the complaining about this...the AAC doesn't exactly have a killler lineup of schools that are known for football success and traveling for bowl games. So why do some of you think that the conference deserves better than the bowl games that it is getting?

Big East with UL, WVU, Pitt, Cuse had agreements to play in Detroit, Canada and Birmingham. AAC has Tulsa, Tulane and Temple (Tufts wasn't interested?)

As someone else mentioned...Orlando is a great place to visit...easy to get to and lots to do. Sun Belt isn't that bad of a conference.
I'd rather visit Siberia and play great competition that puts UConn on the national stage. Worst thing that can happen is we start believing that qualifying for a second class bowl game mean success. You got to keep believing we should be at the table and not settle for left overs.

Reaction Score
When you can buy season tickets to UConn and see seven games vs better opponents for a fraction of the cost of a meaningless bowl, is it even logical to go to these bowls?

I went to Charlotte, Buffalo, Birmingham and Phoenix, but I'll be damned to spend $500 to see us play some crap school in a crap bowl. I'd rather dump my money into the school through season tickets.

Reaction Score
I'm as passionate about UConn as the next fan. But UConn isn't that high and mighty in the FB world. I wonder what the fans of these "crappy" schools think about playing UConn? IS UConn a kettle calling a pot black?
It is what it is right now. Student athletes at those schools share the same frustration as UConn players trying to be a winner. We all breathe the same air......the perception of the UConn team stinks......hopefully the our fans don't fall into the same percetion.......

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I'd rather visit Siberia and play great competition that puts UConn on the national stage. Worst thing that can happen is we start believing that qualifying for a second class bowl game mean success. You got to keep believing we should be at the table and not settle for left overs.

Well....the old BE had crappy bowl games in crappy places against crappy teams. Detroit against Toledo and Toronto in January against Buffalo wasn't exactly playing great competition...and yet you were basically in Siberia.

My point is...these bowl arrangement aren't that bad considering our situation. And..at least they are in easy to get to places where you won't freeze your testiculos off. You can stomp your feet all day and say that you want to play top competition...but if they don't want to play you, you do the best with what you have.

Bowl alignment is reason # 8732 that we need to get into a better conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom