Open letter to B12 Presidents from UCF | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Open letter to B12 Presidents from UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Florida already saturated with SEC-FL, ACC-FSU / MIAMI , AAC- USF / UCF. Throw in FLA. Atlantic + FLA International. 3 NFL teams .Not sure BIG-12 would make that big an impact. Plus no natural southern rivalries.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Florida already saturated with SEC-FL, ACC-FSU / MIAMI , AAC- USF / UCF. Throw in FLA. Atlantic + FLA International. 3 NFL teams .Not sure BIG-12 would make that big an impact. Plus no natural southern rivalries.

There are plenty of Texans living or working in Florida. If Big12 can get 1/2 of SEC carriage fee that's a bunch.

Reaction Score
OK, I thought maybe you had something new to say, rather than repeating the same points already made 50 times in this thread.
It's been said once. By him. Ease down on the drinking. Or whatever it is.

Reaction Score
In a recent Hartford Current article about the football team, our new AD said that (to paraphrase him)..if we dominate the conference, "the other thing (CR) will take care of itself, if it is meant to be." I am not sure if the "if it is meant to be" line means we are back to monitoring. Therefore, according to him begging and pleading by any source is not going to help, although he did admit that he cannot read the minds of university presidents.

When we got spurned in 2011 (which started us on this road to hell), we had just finished a four year stretch in Big East football where we were 33-19, went to 4 straight bowl games and tied for the BE title twice. Oh BTW, we also won the NCAA BB title and made it to the Super Regionals in baseball, sweeping Clemson before losing to SC in SC.

Unfortunately, at that time other factors worked against us for admission in the ACC. That first big shake up in 2011 is what consigned us to the gulag and elevated Pitt and Syracuse to P5 status. Plain and simple, if achievement was the big factor in 2011, we would have made it. We had much support, but a combination of bitterness, revenge, jealousy and whatever other human emotion you can imagine prevailed to keep us out and got Pitt in. 51/2 years later (which has seemed like 50), we still wait.

Reaction Score
It's been said once. By him. Ease down on the drinking. Or whatever it is.

You think that's the first time someone has pointed out that Fairfield County is part of the NYC DMA on this board? Surely you must be joking.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
DD's marketing is done by region, so if you want DD to promote UConn in Fairfield county you'll have to convince DD's NY office to sign a promotional agreement. All of the UConn/DD cross promo comes via their @DDinCT twitter account. Every one of their promos, not just the UConn related ones, always say "excludes Fairfield county".

So yeah...either get the NY region to do a UConn deal, or just convince them to restructure their corporate organization, no biggie. We can get Donald to negotiate it, he's very very good at this stuff. Amazing deals. Win, win win until you're tired of winning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So yeah...either get the NY region to do a UConn deal, or just convince them to restructure their corporate organization, no biggie. We can get Donald to negotiate it, he's very very good at this stuff. Amazing deals. Win, win win until you're tired of winning.
Damn, too bad we already filled the AD job.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
DD's marketing is done by region, so if you want DD to promote UConn in Fairfield county you'll have to convince DD's NY office to sign a promotional agreement. All of the UConn/DD cross promo comes via their @DDinCT twitter account. Every one of their promos, not just the UConn related ones, always say "excludes Fairfield county".

Correct about the regions but we are #UConn6thBorough after all - if we can get SNY tv deals, I imagine IMG can negotiate a deal to get DD in NY to promote us as well - at least in Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
Is BTN on basic cable in Fairfield County, CT? Or did the basic cable deal stop at the NYC city limits?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Is BTN on basic cable in Fairfield County, CT? Or did the basic cable deal stop at the NYC city limits?
In lower Fairfield County (where the money resides) it is a premium channel.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I'm in northern Fairfield County and BTN comes with Frontier's 300 package. I'd be more than happy to start watching it when UConn gets an invite ;)

Reaction Score
I'm in northern Fairfield County and BTN comes with Frontier's 300 package. I'd be more than happy to start watching it when UConn gets an invite ;)

I don't think the Big cares if you watch it or not,since they are already collecting $$ for being on your Tv package. Maybe the Big makes much more $$$ if UConn is in the Big, on the tv package.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I don't think the Big cares if you watch it or not,since they are already collecting $$ for being on your Tv package.
The B1G cares a little. I'm not sure how much, but they care. Higher ratings must have an effect on what they charge for commercials. Granted this revenue could be 1% of the fees, but my point is that they must care to some degree.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I don't think the Big cares if you watch it or not,since they are already collecting $$ for being on your Tv package. Maybe the Big makes much more $$$ if UConn is in the Big, on the tv package.

I'd be curious to see what the carriage fees are in Ffld county and how they compare to NYC and north Jersey. I can't see how they would be nearly as good than if they had a UConn presence on the channel.

Reaction Score
The B1G cares a little. I'm not sure how much, but they care. Higher ratings must have an effect on what they charge for commercials. Granted this revenue could be 1% of the fees, but my point is that they must care to some degree.

They can't have it both ways. Either stay home and watch on tv or go to the games to prove we have a robust crowd. I guess they are trying to have it both ways. Seems as though we just can't please them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd be curious to see what the carriage fees are in Ffld county and how they compare to NYC and north Jersey. I can't see how they would be nearly as good than if they had a UConn presence on the channel.
I don't like to talk about it, but I believe that the B1G got a single deal for all of the NYC DMA, so the carriage fees are very likely to be the same.

Reaction Score
I live in South Eastern CT on the shore and we have it on our sports package too. Never watch it,have no interest .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom