Only 1 gripe | The Boneyard

Only 1 gripe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
QBs need to stop looking at the receivers as if no one else is in the stadium.

Reaction Score
Well, after the third quarter, there were no fans around. I am more disappointed with that.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
QBs need to stop looking at the receivers as if no one else is in the stadium.
Fair. Especially that 2nd INT. But, overall... not a bad way to start a D1 career.

Reaction Score
I'm concerned the offensive line didn't open up any holes for McCombs.Not very impressive against Umass.What happens next week ??

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm concerned the offensive line didn't open up any holes for McCombs.Not very impressive against Umass.What happens next week ??
I had the same concern. We know McCombs probably isn't going to take nothing and turn it into a big play too often, he's just not that type of explosive back. But he can hit a hole if it's there and is shifty enough to roll with hits as he gets through a hole. Today there was none of that. How many runs of more than 5 yards did he have? Not many it seemed.

Passing game looked good though.

Reaction Score
I had the same concern. We know McCombs probably isn't going to take nothing and turn it into a big play too often, he's just not that type of explosive back. But he can hit a hole if it's there and is shifty enough to roll with hits as he gets through a hole. Today there was none of that. How many runs of more than 5 yards did he have? Not many it seemed.

Passing game looked good though.
McCombs looks very ineffective. He and O-Line should have been eating them alive by Q3 and 4. But, Ill take the step-up in the passing game and hope more reps help the O-Line jell and that McCombs gets some field vision. He was just terrible tonight at finding holes. A number of times he just planted his helmet in an O-Lineman's back when there was a hole 1 yard away. No after hit yardage and went down way too easily. Has trouble getting to the edge and was caught by what will be some of the slowest D personnel he'll see. Just out of synch.

But, there is a ot more to work with this year at the skill positions otherwise. So, can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom