ONE WEEK | The Boneyard

ONE WEEK

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Okay, with 7 days to go until the season kicks off I don't expect to be able to focus on much of anything other than getting excited for the games to start!

What are you most looking forward to? Any bold predictions? Can Diaco live up to the hype!?

Take the underdog against BYU. It's a good bet.

Reaction Score
Okay, with 7 days to go until the season kicks off I don't expect to be able to focus on much of anything other than getting excited for the games to start!

What are you most looking forward to? Any bold predictions? Can Diaco live up to the hype!?

Take the underdog against BYU. It's a good bet.

We have a coaching staff that has experience playing BYU in 2013 - Coach's Diaco and Josh Reardon beat BYU 23-13 in Southbend on 11/23/13. BYU had 415 yds, 247 rushing and 168 yds passing (Taysom Hill was 21-36 with int.) Hill also had 101 yds rushing. Here is a recap of the game: http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-vs-notre-dame-postgame-notes

On 8/31/2013 Vincent Brown and Anthony Poindexter's Virginia Cavaliers beat BYU 19-16 at home. VA was a 4 pt favorite. Taysom Hill had a 26.4 qb rating. BYU had 187 yds rushing. Jamaal Williams who will not play against UCONN had 144 yds rushing on 33 carries for a 4.4 avg. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1756343-byu-vs-virginia-live-score-highlights-and-analysis

I understand the coaches can't play but I see our coaching staff putting together a formidable Defensive game plan geared to containing Taysom Hill's rushing ability. We should have our fastest players on the field to accomplish this. Jamaal Williams will not be playing will be a huge factor.

Our coach's know what to expect from BYU and have seen plenty of film. This experience will bolster the teams confidence and contribute to a potential upset! In any event, I would definately take UCONN and the points in this one!

Reaction Score
one week?? I am not sure I can take it. The dreams started last night.. had a dream I was at the game, got kicked out of the band for goofing off, but when I showed everyone my tickets all was forgiven, as for the game, it was raining, we threw the ball deep a lot, and kicked their .

What I am looking forward to the most, is taking my son to a national televised game, having some good food, screaming as loud as I can, and watching a focused disiplined team and a close game. What do a fear?? OMG, I fear Towson all over again and leaving the game despondent and dejected.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chicken wings and beer.

Realistically, I want to see if the Offensive line can drive the DLine and pass protect. It really is as simple as that. If the OLine is as bad as it's been the past two seasons, UConn is a 2-4 win team. If the OLine can create holes and give protection it's a 7+ wins team.

And, oh yeah. As I've said previously, I don't want a face palm from play calling until the 4th qtr.

Reaction Score
one week?? I am not sure I can take it. The dreams started last night.. had a dream I was at the game, got kicked out of the band for goofing off, but when I showed everyone my tickets all was forgiven, as for the game, it was raining, we threw the ball deep a lot, and kicked their a .

What I am looking forward to the most, is taking my son to a national televised game, having some good food, screaming as loud as I can, and watching a focused disiplined team and a close game. What do a fear?? OMG, I fear Towson all over again and leaving the game despondent and dejected.
Nice Dream!!! Just looked at the long range on weatherunderground and they are forecasting rain. Hope the rest of your dream comes true. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Chicken wings and beer.

Realistically, I want to see if the Offensive line can drive the DLine and pass protect. It really is as simple as that. If the OLine is as bad as it's been the past two seasons, UConn is a 2-4 win team. If the OLine can create holes and give protection it's a 7+ wins team.

And, oh yeah. As I've said previously, I don't want a face palm from play calling until the 4th qtr.
I agree our O line must move bodies! I am hoping for a stunning running attack and strategic passing coupled with tough Defense! Notice that in both losses to VA and Notre Dame last year. BYU scored 13 pts v ND and 16 pts v VA!

Reaction Score
My expectation is to not be down by more than 10 points the entire game. If this is the case, we have a chance at an upset.
- I want to see what our kicker can do. 40 yarders are a MUST
- I want to see special teams tackle better on one side and create better field position for us.
- I need to see QB containment. If they beat us, make them beat us in the air.

Also, one question...I heard that Hill "may" also be suspended for the game. any other rumors out there??

Reaction Score
I heard the second string QB is getting more reps than normal with the first team but that could be a smoke screen to keep Diaco & Co prepping for both till game time. I pray the field is dry for opening game. The Huskies don't need a slippery field as an extra hurdle while trying to get synced in their new schemes. It'd be nice to see things start breaking UConn's way for a change so maybe a few Un-Rain Dances might be in order leading up to the game. Get those pledges out there doing a "No-Rain!!" chant from now till game time.

Reaction Score
Just want to see our guys fight hard and hang with them for 4 quarters, and of course hopefully pull off the upset. But even visual signs of improvement in key areas on both sides of the ball would be nice.

Reaction Score
We're 17 point dogs at home.. we don't get our butts whooped at home like that.. we'll cover

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nice Dream!!! Just looked at the long range on weatherunderground and they are forecasting rain. Hope the rest of your dream comes true. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mostly Cloudy and 81 degrees according to Accuweather. with a 25% chance of rain.

63% chance on Thursday.

Reaction Score
I'm a pessimist by nature. I'm not sure Geno has enough post play to make it to The Dance next year! But I love my Huskies!
Worst case, we get manhandled in the trenches on both sides. Get humiliated on national TV and lose 38-10.
Go 2-10 for the year, average 23K a game and Diaco loses his players.

Best case, we open it up offensively. We get TD's from Davis, Foxx, Meyers, Marriner & Newsome. Dominate Cougars 38-1o.
Our special teams score 7+TD's this season as our D puts up a few single digit points allowed.
Our offense is unpredictable. We sellout The Rent and finish 11-2.

But, realistically, I am "confidently unsure". Hoping for 8-4. Hoping for good crowds. Hoping there is a buzz about UCONN football.

One definite is I'll be there. With food and beer and spirit!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm already preparing the menu for next Friday. To celebrate a clean start and the red, white and blue Jonathon logo, it's Chimay Red, Chimay Blue and Chimay Blonde for beer. Pulled chicken with hot sauce and blue cheese over nachos, and my just-arrived-in-the-mail-today #99 jersey (Blue with white lettering). Add in the UConn gnome on the coffee table and I'm ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom