One Thing I Liked From Buffalo Game | The Boneyard

One Thing I Liked From Buffalo Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was the use of the Blue and White signs during that one timeout. The crowd was out of it during the game this past Saturday, but that was the loudest the crowd got during the game. Maybe we could get a couple of fans to make two signs, one for each side of the stadium to hold up and get that chant going either before the teams make it out of the tunnel, or during the game. This is kind of bouncing off of the R-U chant that Rutgers has, but how awesome would it be if our boys were just about to come out of the tunnel hearing 40000+ fans screaming that, would get the Rent rocking!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Many schools do similar things, don't give RU too much credit. I think I remember Michigan doing it when I was at the UC-Mich game but I'm not sure. Either way, we also did this like 4 years ago. It was pregame and led by the old cheerleading coach. It was pretty good. Much better than being done by the PA guy. They split the crowd into 4 sections (sideline, sideline, end zone, end zone) and he alternated between the 4 and got progressively faster. It was intense at night games especially. Then the cheerleading team went the way of the dodo and so did he. The whole time the PA was running it I was hoping they would speed it up. That's how it culminates in a very loud crowd.

Reaction Score
Many schools do similar things, don't give RU too much credit. I think I remember Michigan doing it when I was at the UC-Mich game but I'm not sure. Either way, we also did this like 4 years ago. It was pregame and led by the old cheerleading coach. It was pretty good. Much better than being done by the PA guy. They split the crowd into 4 sections (sideline, sideline, end zone, end zone) and he alternated between the 4 and got progressively faster. It was intense at night games especially. Then the cheerleading team went the way of the dodo and so did he. The whole time the PA was running it I was hoping they would speed it up. That's how it culminates in a very loud crowd.

Disagree - Saturday's chant was perfect - you get faster and faster as many people don't scream it. This should just be an impromptu chant during timeouts on a regular basis. Better than constant commercials or the failed U-C-O-N-N chant - that only belongs after scores.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Um that guy isn't gone because of any changes with the cheerleading team.... He was in some pretty serious legal trouble.

Reaction Score
I had a similar idea last year. I gave the cheerleaders signs that said "U" & "CONN". During timeouts or changes of possesion where the defense takes the field they could do the same thing as Blue/White but make it U & CONN. It sounded like a good idea at the time ...

Reaction Score
Um that guy isn't gone because of any changes with the cheerleading team.... He was in some pretty serious legal trouble.

Prett sure the pre-game cheerleader was a different guy ...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I heard that's why the changes were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom