one more reminder about UConn's great scheduling this season: | The Boneyard

one more reminder about UConn's great scheduling this season:

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
People can criticize the AAC all they want, but what follows is one more review of who UConn has scheduled and/or has played already. In short, my argument is that any ranking or NCAA tournament seeding UConn gets is or will be richly deserved. And that winning streak has been richly deserved as well.

Without further ado, don't forget UConn has played or will play:

Big XII:

K-State, Texas, Baylor

ACC:

Notre Dame, Florida State

Big 10:

Maryland, Nebraska, Ohio State.

SEC:

LSU, South Carolina

AAC:

USF x 2

Those are 12 mighty fine games, folks, many of which have been or will be on the road, no less.

Onward and upward for UConn! We have been kicking ass!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
LSU has moved up the charts this year after being pretty dreadful a year ago. They are receiving votes in both polls and Massey has them at 23 while Sagarin has them at 25.
The other side of that is that Nebraska has fallen like a stone - understandable with player loss and coaching change over the summer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm not convinced that South Florida is any good. Their two best wins are probably Georgia and UNC

Reaction Score
K-State won a Big 12 game last night, continuing their strong run. And let's be clear: South Florida isn't nearly the patsy that would usually be implied when a team loses a game by 65 points. It was all UConn's doing. No shame for South Florida!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That's too bad about Nebraska, but I still would argue UConn should get the credit for playing a Big 10 team on the road and beating the bejeesus out of it. I mean, Husker fans applauded UConn at the end of the game in Lincoln. Maybe the computer pollsters should factor that into their formulas. :)

Reaction Score
That's too bad about Nebraska, but I still would argue UConn should get the credit for playing a Big 10 team on the road and beating the bejeesus out of it. I mean, Husker fans applauded UConn at the end of the game in Lincoln. Maybe the computer pollsters should factor that into their formulas. :)
Yep. Hard to understand how they could have fallen so far, given that they still have a star post player out there.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm not convinced that South Florida is any good. Their two best wins are probably Georgia and UNC

They were ranked, they beat an ACC and an SEC team, and UConn beat them my 66 points. I'll take it.

Reaction Score
This 65 point losing margin by USF is the largest by a top 25 team in the history of wcbb polling.This has been accomplished by this supposed down year group of players.Every team wanted a piece of them this year,and now its,"wait not so fast".This team is almost all coming back next year and with the reinforcements coming in should be a fairly decent team next year.lol

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This 65 point losing margin by USF is the largest by a top 25 team in the history of wcbb polling.This has been accomplished by this supposed down year group of players.Every team wanted a piece of them this year,and now its,"wait not so fast".This team is almost all coming back next year and with the reinforcements coming in should be a fairly decent team next year.lol
Is that actually true? I heard that it was Uconn's largest margin of victory over a ranked team, but not that it was a national record. I would have thought we would have heard some reference to such a record when we beat up TX by 50 and Miss State by 60 if we were nearing such a record in those games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is that actually true? I heard that it was Uconn's largest margin of victory over a ranked team, but not that it was a national record. I would have thought we would have heard some reference to such a record when we beat up TX by 50 and Miss State by 60 if we were nearing such a record in those games.

What college in WCBB (D1 assumption) could have beaten this point spread if not us?

Reaction Score
Hey Ucmiami,one of the sports networks said this margin of victory over a top 25 team is a record,i think espn.If anyone has differing info.i would like to know myself.I follow this stuff pretty closely and can't think of any game where a top 25 team lost this badly.

Reaction Score
Fairfield Fan, you can't be more wrong. If you listened to Jose Fernandez and his post game comments, he said that the USF players were content to get their asses kicked. Did UConn have something to do with that? Yes. However, I have never seen his team roll over. We've seen teams this year get beat badly by UConn, but they still played hard.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
On snother note, here are the Sagarin rankings of a number of past and future opponents I uncovered. I also was pleasantly surprised by this:

Baylor #2, South Carolina #3, ND #4, Florida State #6, Maryland #8, Texas #12, DePaul #16, Ohio State # 18, Kansas State #19, LSU #25, South Florida #33

I was unpleasantly surprised to see Nebraska isn't even in the Top 100 , but 11 Sagarin top 35 opponents is a nice collection. Yes, South Carolina is a challenge, but I do like UConn's chances in Storrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom