Olympic Tournament | The Boneyard

Olympic Tournament

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Olympic "football" games start today (8/3) for the women. The men start tomorrow (8/4).

USA women play at 6:00 NBCSN.

Men
Brazil/S. Africa 3:00 NBCSN
Mexico/Germany 4:00 USA
Portugal/Argentina 5:00 NBCSN

Reaction Score
Watched some of the USWNT team against France, on vacay and one of younger girls plays and roots for them

Borderline unwatchable, when people call it the "beautiful game" no one is referring to a women's match

No speed, power, athleticism. Not trying to negative, it's just very diffilut whereas women's tennis, even hoops is ok as the true game for example in hoops doesn't require acrobatic plays

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Watched some of the USWNT team against France, on vacay and one of younger girls plays and roots for them

Borderline unwatchable, when people call it the "beautiful game" no one is referring to a women's match

No speed, power, athleticism. Not trying to negative, it's just very diffilut whereas women's tennis, even hoops is ok as the true game for example in hoops doesn't require acrobatic plays

Thank you for your interest in the world's most popular sport.

Reaction Score

USWNT/France is likely to be the gold medal game. It's not like watching UConn WBB (Team USA) beating up on Senegal by 60 points. Not trying to argue but women's soccer has improved dramatically the past ten years. At times, I think it's more exciting than the men's game. And they never dive or act which is refreshing to see.

Reaction Score
There is a realistic chance that, with one game left to in group play, Brazil, Argentina, and Germany may not advance to the knockout round. Brazil has failed to score a goal in both games (both 0-0 draws v. powers Iraq and S Africa.. with Neymar playing). They most likely will all advance, but all 3 need to win their next match... something Brazil and Germany have failed to do in their prior two matches).
S. Korea v Mexico is a big game. Germany will throttle Fiji, meaning the loser of Mex-S. Korea is out (Steven Krajewski holds the tie breaker on GD).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When one is so negative about virtually everything else, I can see how it would be hard to not be negative about women's soccer.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I cannot believe that Brazil has struggled so much. Having Neymar play is like a man playing against boys. He should be destroying these teams. It's even worse that he and his teammates, can't score against teams from Iraq and South Africa....for god sake! If Brazil doesn't advance, I bet Neymar will be wishing he chose to play in the Copa instead of the Olympics. Maybe he could have been enough to push Brazil out of their group in the Copa....but probbaly not considering he can't get his Olympic team out of a group made up of Iraq and South Africa!

Reaction Score
The women's version? Have you seen the attendance at these Olympic matches or the last WC?

The WMLS averages like 3k a match. I never said men's if you read it.

Thank you for your interest in the world's most popular sport.

Reaction Score
I always thought it was a lousy product, but it just was crazy and when Carli Lloyd and Morgan complained about not getting equal pay as the USMNT. Get lost. I don't care what you accomplished, you generate barely $.05 on the dollar as men. Tough luck, that tells you the interest level of it. You don't hear the WNBA players whining.

When one is so negative about virtually everything else, I can see how it would be hard to not be negative about women's soccer.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I always thought it was a lousy product, but it just was crazy and when Carli Lloyd and Morgan complained about not getting equal pay as the USMNT. Get lost. I don't care what you accomplished, you generate barely $.05 on the dollar as men. Tough luck, that tells you the interest level of it. You don't hear the WNBA players whining.

Yeah...ya kinda do.

Brennna Stewart worked it into her ESPY acceptance speach not more than 3 weeks ago. Do you not know how Google works?

Reaction Score
Honduras is through.
Nils Petersen scores 5 goals in Germany's 10-0 win over Fiji.
And it took Jesus getting involved for Brazil to finally score a goal. They're up 2-0 on Denmark at the half.

Reaction Score
Classy outburst by Solo after the loss.

Hope is deflecting the fact she lost the PKs and it should have never gotten that far if Sweden played a more wide open game, which would have given the least chance to win. Yes, that's how coaches think.

Reaction Score
Classy outburst by Solo after the loss.

Hope is deflecting the fact she lost the PKs and it should have never gotten that far if Sweden played a more wide open game, which would have given the least chance to win. Yes, that's how coaches think.

Solo is a like the A-Rod of her sport. Very talented; but, brings a lot of baggage with her and has made a lot of enemies along the way. She has had issues with Sundhage long before this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom