Olympic Teams' Exhibitions to be streamed on Facebook | The Boneyard

Olympic Teams' Exhibitions to be streamed on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
From USAToday

The NBA is making another push into live streaming — this time on Facebook with a series of pre-Olympics exhibition games.

On Thursday the league announced it would be streaming the nine USA Basketball games, five from the men's team and four from the women's, as the teams prepare for next month's 2016 Olympics games in Rio de Janeiro.

Here's a schedule

• July 22, 9 p.m.: U.S. men vs. Argentina
• July 24, 8 p.m.: U.S. men vs. China
• July 25, 10 p.m.: U.S. women vs. USA Basketball Select Team
• July 26, 10 p.m.: U.S. men vs. China
• July 27, 7:30 p.m.: U.S. women vs. France
• July 29, 7 p.m.: U.S. women vs. Canada
• July 29, 9 p.m.: U.S. men vs. Venezuela
• July 31, 4 p.m.: U.S. women vs. Australia
• Aug. 1, 8 p.m.: U.S. men vs. Nigeria

From USA Basketball:

USA Basketball National Team exhibition games will be live streamed on Facebook for the first time. Presented by Verizon, simulcasts of NBA TV’s game coverage for all nine USA men’s and women’s games will be available on the USA Basketball and NBA Facebook pages. The Facebook live stream exclusive begins Friday, July 22, at 9 p.m. ET when the USA Men’s National Team takes on Argentina.

Reaction Score
From USAToday

The NBA is making another push into live streaming — this time on Facebook with a series of pre-Olympics exhibition games.

On Thursday the league announced it would be streaming the nine USA Basketball games, five from the men's team and four from the women's, as the teams prepare for next month's 2016 Olympics games in Rio de Janeiro.

Here's a schedule

• July 22, 9 p.m.: U.S. men vs. Argentina
• July 24, 8 p.m.: U.S. men vs. China
• July 25, 10 p.m.: U.S. women vs. USA Basketball Select Team
• July 26, 10 p.m.: U.S. men vs. China
• July 27, 7:30 p.m.: U.S. women vs. France
• July 29, 7 p.m.: U.S. women vs. Canada
• July 29, 9 p.m.: U.S. men vs. Venezuela
• July 31, 4 p.m.: U.S. women vs. Australia
• Aug. 1, 8 p.m.: U.S. men vs. Nigeria

From USA Basketball:

USA Basketball National Team exhibition games will be live streamed on Facebook for the first time. Presented by Verizon, simulcasts of NBA TV’s game coverage for all nine USA men’s and women’s games will be available on the USA Basketball and NBA Facebook pages. The Facebook live stream exclusive begins Friday, July 22, at 9 p.m. ET when the USA Men’s National Team takes on Argentina.
They're also on NBATV

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
well I have NBATV, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChap, Comcast Sports Package (along with every channel) and money for tickets so I'm good... talk to Wally

Reaction Score
Taking my daughters to the game against Australia at MSG............scored court side seats.........will send some UConn oriented photos if I manage to take any good ones............

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Apparently you can also watch these pre-Olympics exhibition games if you have the WNBA League Pass. I launched the League Pass app and it shows each of these games available for view at their scheduled times, so it appears they will be live streamed. Good news!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Women's basketball sure has come a long way that so many media outlets are providing coverage. I remember when I used to have to wait for the newspaper to arrive the day after the game just to get a score.

Reaction Score
Apparently you can also watch these pre-Olympics exhibition games if you have the WNBA League Pass. I launched the League Pass app and it shows each of these games available for view at their scheduled times, so it appears they will be live streamed. Good news!

But notice if you click on the games in wnba league pass, it says purchase vs purchased. A future wnba game says purchased.....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Taking my daughters to the game against Australia at MSG..scored court side seats....will send some UConn oriented photos if I manage to take any good ones..

See you there

Reaction Score
Shino, League Pass shows the correct game scheduled tonight, however, it also shows it Blacked Out.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
But notice if you click on the games in wnba league pass, it says purchase vs purchased. A future wnba game says purchased.....

It sounds like you are looking at a different screen view than I am. Do you have a paid WNBA League Pass subscription? Perhaps you are looking at a screen view for someone who has not subscribed.

Shino, League Pass shows the correct game scheduled tonight, however, it also shows it Blacked Out.

My screen view does not show it as blacked out, it appears like any other WNBA game that can be viewed. The game starts in just over an hour, so we shall soon find out.:cool:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is it too late to add Jewel to the team. She and Mitchell both look really good and are outplaying some of the veteran guards.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
So far, Kiah has taken three shots. Two have been blocked. The other one she missed a bunny. She is, however, inbounding the ball well. C'mon C'mon. Show them you belong. Hopefully it is just some jitters. All the other Huskies are doing just fine.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Elizabeth Williams really cannot shoot. I wonder if she blames that on JPM or if she takes personal responsibility?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Elizabeth Williams really cannot shoot. I wonder if she blames that on JPM or if she takes personal responsibility?

If you knew anything about Williams, then you wouldn't ask such a ludicrous question

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The game is on DirecTV channel 216.

Olympians are getting quite a challenge from the Select team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The game is on DirecTV channel 216.

Olympians are getting quite a challenge from the Select team.

The Select team has some good talent. Not enough to go as deal as the Olympic team, but some players that will definitely be competing for a spot on the 2020 Olympic team. We will be in good hands at the guard position.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oh my. This should be a little embarrassing for the Olympic team that the "B" team is ahead with under 5 minutes left.

How long has the Select team been practicing together. Their chemistry is really good. All those young legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom