Ollie's Contract | The Boneyard

Ollie's Contract

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Of course he gets next year, but do we know the terms after that? I know there are injuries, but we have seniors that have regressed and freshman that aren't developing and we need to start thinking about our options in 2018.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
With all due respect, this is the type of post that drives me insane. Ollie has not had a sub-20 win season. He won a friggin National Championship! And he's had a couple of top 25 recruiting classes with the last 2 classes if I'm not mistaken.

And we're worried about him being our coach?? This board is straight up nuts...

Reaction Score
By "freshmen that aren't developing" I'm not sure what you mean. Clearly Vance is improving. Vital is playing much better than anyone could reasonably expect from a kid that wouldn't get 5 minutes in a normal season. Durham is doing pretty well for a guy playing basketball for the first time in 2 years after double knee surgery. Maybe you're talking about Gilbert and Diarra? Yea. Being out for the season will really put a damper on your development.

Reaction Score
Of course he gets next year, but do we know the terms after that? I know there are injuries, but we have seniors that have regressed and freshman that aren't developing and we need to start thinking about our options in 2018.
Surely you jest? What senior has regressed.....we have 2 seniors that have nowhere to regress from & and 1 (Facey) who has exponentially improved to the point I wish he was a jr. As far as the freshman you've got to be freaking kidding me. In Ollie I trust....

Reaction Score
With all due respect, this is the type of post that drives me insane. Ollie has not had a sub-20 win season. He won a friggin National Championship! And he's had a couple of top 25 recruiting classes with the last 2 classes if I'm not mistaken.

KO's first two years were impressive. Since then, not so much. The past 2 1/2 years have been pretty mediocre. Not a good trend.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I get it, injuries. But have our expectations really been lowered this far? We have never won the AAC regular season, are rarely ranked and are a completely irrelevant 7-11. Ollie has been trending down, to conclude otherwise is to ignore what you are watching.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Reading the comments, it seems the posters here have more loyalty to KO than the program. I didn't say fire the guy, I said we should be evaluating him, and his contract, next year. We all hope he turns it around next season, whether he does or doesnt will remain to be seen.

Reaction Score
I don't know KO's contract situation but you can bet if next year is the final year it will be extended before the season starts.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

I've got concerns about the coaching staff, but freshmen development isn't one of them. The best players on this team, by far, are the underclassmen.

Reaction Score
I forget who made the point, but it really does seem like the player development "issues" are being negatively skewed by of Purvis and Brimah.

Shabazz, Daniels, and Boatright all developed just fine in their 2-3 years under Ollie, and Facey has turned into a late bloomer. Meanwhile, Jalen is coming along nicely, and this year's frosh have improved throughout the course of the year.

All in all, Purvis and Brimah are starting to look like outliers. I'm curious to see what Ollie can do next year without them.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I've got concerns about the coaching staff, but freshmen development isn't one of them. The best players on this team, by far, are the underclassmen.
I see the same. If you want to talk about Ollie should of called a timeout or why did he substitute that way okay. But watching the turnovers over the past 4 games have been scary. A good number of turnovers are stupid. Passing to a player not there, dribbling off your foot, losing your footing, these are turnovers that happen in CYO leagues. Or Freshman team in HS. What is Ollie supposed to do? Go back to basics? I believe SMU scored 18 points on turnovers. Eliminating those points still would result in a loss, but more respectful. Take a look at past games. Terrible.

Reaction Score
Ollie did an amazing job his first 2 seasons, no other way to describe it. But 2015 and 2016 we under performed. There is no reason that the 2015 team with Boatright, Dham, Purvis, ect should have won only 17 regular season games and get embarrassed at home in the NIT in round 1.

2016 we developed into a good team come March which is what you want, but Nov-Feb was so average it killed our seed and a chance to do damage in the tournament.

This year is a throw away for me, with these injuries and with what Purvis is doing out there I am blacking this year out.

He is nowhere near on the hot seat, but the performance on the court has to improve the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
I don't know KO's contract situation but you can bet if next year is the final year it will be extended before the season starts.
It is not and he will not. Recruiting aside, if he doesn't start performing better, he is not worth 3 mil. That deal was made in a panic with NBA chatter. Things will go much differently this time around.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I forget who made the point, but it really does seem like the player development "issues" are being negatively skewed by of Purvis and Brimah.

Shabazz, Daniels, and Boatright all developed just fine in their 2-3 years under Ollie, and Facey has turned into a late bloomer. Meanwhile, Jalen is coming along nicely, and this year's frosh have improved throughout the course of the year.

All in all, Purvis and Brimah are starting to look like outliers. I'm curious to see what Ollie can do next year without them.
Agree completely with this.

Reaction Score
I got no prob with KO we've always had to fight for recruits and for wins, without the injuries things would be much better. I hope they get back in there and keep swinging but blaming KO is easy. This can only make them stronger, let the weak quit and place blame Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Without due respect
This post is a complete joke
And your quote next about KO trending down
Another joke

We have trended way down since 2014. its not just every sports pundit out there that has noticed and written about it. How blind do you want to be about our program? Everything has trended down, from our rankings, to our AAC standing to our home attendance.

Injuries are one thing, and KOs "ability" to recruit is there I guess but this season and our conference standings since 2014 in a really bad league is certainly not a good thing....

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
How come everyone kills 2-3 guys for 3 years straight, but can't contemplate that maybe they've helped skew things when they've been the "lead" guys?

Quite frankly recently RP looks like he can't even be a reliable role player...

Why talk out of both sides of the mouth?

Reaction Score
Reading the comments, it seems the posters here have more loyalty to KO than the program. I didn't say fire the guy, I said we should be evaluating him, and his contract, next year. We all hope he turns it around next season, whether he does or doesnt will remain to be seen.

Whatever this is ridiculous to even discuss at this point. I get it you didn't say "fire him" then why even discuss at this point. It's piling on after a good team beat them while severely undermanned and after one of their seniors decided it was better to play 10 minutes again.

I mean the timing of the doubters never ceases to amaze me!Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom