Ollie Zone D and Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie Zone D and Thoughts

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Name me one true skill that Amida possesses that would garner "NBA level talent." He is a solid shot-blocker, but as many here have proven over and over again, his desire to try to block everything puts him and team constantly out of position. Please enlighten me on his skillset.
He can run the floor.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Matter of opinion whether there is too much truth or some truth and a lot of exaggeration or omitting of circumstances. I rarely take specific people to task. We're all entitled to our opinions. I know I come across to some as condescending, and at times I have no problems being snarky and putting a dig on people, but in general I like to offer a balance to what I consider an unbalanced narrative people create. I can't know how much KO is involved in the difficulties. He has to be included in the discussion. Same with RP and AB. But so do the circumstances surrounding the program starting with the APR sanctions and CR. Given that the majority of posts we've seen this year are similar to yours I've primarily presented those circumstances as balance to opinions such as yours.

I've expressed where I draw the line. It's personal for me so for that reason I emphasize it more. I don't like bullying of any sort, whether is an authority subtly or overtly hurting people or the mob acting likewise.
Well said

H

huskymagic

No, we just remember you being the guy who wanted to run Gibbs off the team last year, and as such don't take you seriously at all.
What I said was I don't like the policy of transfers replacing real UCONN players in the lineup and with playing time. I was right that Gibbs wasn't a point guard and was a better version of Rodney who should of been
spotting up for 3. After reflecting, I would happily take 3 years of Gibbs than Albatross Rod and so would Ollie and UCONN nation.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
No, he'd probably still be playing soccer in Ghana. Amida is what he is. I thought there was the potential to be G-Town era Mutombu by the time he was done. That development stalled long ago; not due to coaching, but just Amida's lack of basketball instinct. He is almost always a 1/2 step behind physically and mentally. That's why he is such a poor rebounder and is so often out of position. That's why his post moves look so robotic and uncoordinated. You can coach technique, but if the instinct is missing you are still going to be lost. I have never in my life seen someone try to rebound without jumping before. Amida does it all the time. Not because he physically cannot jump, but because he is just a tad behind the flow of the game. That's not the coach's fault nor is it Amida's fault. It's just reality.
It's because he's afraid to get hit in the face. Plain and simple. Brimah is kind of a wuss down low. Everyone knows it's true, don't even try to deny it. The team should have played more jack@ss pranks on him like the one you he would unexpectedly run into a monstrous hand so he would get over his fear of getting hit.
Like this:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What I said was I don't like the policy of transfers replacing real UCONN players in the lineup and with playing time. I was right that Gibbs wasn't a point guard and was a better version of Rodney who should of been
spotting up for 3. After reflecting, I would happily take 3 years of Gibbs than Albatross Rod and so would Ollie and UCONN nation.
Face it. Your about as adept at analysis as Rodney is about avoiding traveling calls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom