Ollie In Game Adjustments | The Boneyard

Ollie In Game Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Best game he's coached in a while.

Truth be told the only reason it was within 5 points was missed FT's and Brimah's inability to make and uncontested move from 3'.

The decision to go with Facey over Enoch was great. Facey really bothered Lydon. Long enough to stay away on the perimeter and not go for pump fakes and still bother jump shots.

The decision to go from zone to man to man. UConn is going to have to play zone every game due to no bench. But knowing when to switch to man will decide several games this year.

Granted going against Boeheim is a low bar for out coaching an opponent but it felt good.

Reaction Score
Bilas pointed out several times that the switch from zone to man to man really ignited us. Also love the brothership between Gibbs and Adams, after Jalen drained that 3, the first person he went to was Sterling and gave him a huge hug.

Jalen was so tired at the end.

Don't know what Ollie is going to do, but paying Jalen for 40 minutes may not be the thing.

Reaction Score

Don't know what Ollie is going to do, but paying Jalen for 40 minutes may not be the thing.

seemed like the adrenaline wore off as soon as he hit that three. he was visibly exhausted. can't blame him after a game like that. they're all going to be sore tomorrow

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gibbs came back to play. Ollie can pull some strings like you wouldn't belibe

upload_2016-12-5_20-36-28.png

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Do we have another PG?

Reaction Score
Yup and best game Facey has had since Duke.

It's funny you say that, because that is the game I always think of when thinking about Facey and the type of player he is. Unfortunately I ignore pretty much all the other games he's played. But after tonight's game, maybe my selective memory proves right. Facey was a beast! Impressive strength on grasping those rebounds in traffic for such a skinny guy!

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Surely, Christian can give him a 2 minute blow, Rodney too?

I don't think any of us could take Rodney playing PG for 2 minutes. He's a serviceable spot up shooter but he was a disaster off the dribble tonight from open court fumble to the 1 on 4 drive where he got stripped clean he needs to handle the ball as little as possible.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of us could take Rodney playing PG for 2 minutes. He's a serviceable spot up shooter but he was a disaster off the dribble tonight from open court fumble to the 1 on 4 drive where he got stripped clean he needs to handle the ball as little as possible.

There's some truth to that, but when we finally got rolling a little bit in the first half tonight it was because we put Rodney at the point and had Jalen moving off the ball. Not sure how much that would work against a man defense, but it worked tonight.

Also, if the 1 on 4 play you're talking about was the one where Bilas was going nuts about the guy grabbing the ball away with 2 hands, that was BS. Rodney got stripped because a second Cuse guy had 2 hands on his arm. Ridiculous non-call.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Zone for 30 minutes.
Man for 10.
Used two different types of zone presses off the man defense.

There were two coaches on that floor with a national title, but Kevin Ollie coached circles around Boeheim. Circles.

C

Chief00

KO got away from Glen Miller's zone philosophy at end and we made our run.

Not that the zone gave up lots of points but rather it takes the juice and energy out of our game.

When we went to man things happened. Quite frankly, I know the argument can be made with our depleted rooster we need to protect fouls and energy. I for one don't stay up nights worrying about 20 year olds getting tired.

Reaction Score
We are playing zone to stay out of early foul trouble because we have a short bench . We'll play a lot of zone especially early.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We are playing zone to stay out of early foul trouble because we have a short bench . We'll play a lot of zone especially early.

Anyone know if Foxen and/or Noyes are going to see minutes? Or are even capable of even picking up 4-5 minutes a game?

I don't worry about 20 year olds getting tired. I do worry about KO having to play guys with 2 fouls in the 1st half instead of being able to sit them. Durham having 3 before halftime is something we haven't seen in ages.

Reaction Score
Amazingly got that foul call at the end.....pay back for the silent whistle at Gample when Roscoe was abused.
Great win!!!

Reaction Score

He should be treated like a Klay Thompson... who scored his 60 points last night with only 90 seconds of ball possession for the entire game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Anyone know if Foxen and/or Noyes are going to see minutes? Or are even capable of even picking up 4-5 minutes a game?

I don't worry about 20 year olds getting tired. I do worry about KO having to play guys with 2 fouls in the 1st half instead of being able to sit them. Durham having 3 before halftime is something we haven't seen in ages.
Foxen is interesting as a walkon because he's got size at 6'8". I don't think we will see him playing meaningful minutes though.

Reaction Score
KO got away from Glen Miller's zone philosophy at end and we made our run.

Not that the zone gave up lots of points but rather it takes the juice and energy out of our game.

When we went to man things happened. Quite frankly, I know the argument can be made with our depleted rooster we need to protect fouls and energy. I for one don't stay up nights worrying about 20 year olds getting tired.
I depleted my rooster in your mom last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34