Olberman speaks the truth | The Boneyard

Olberman speaks the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Don't always agree with Olbermann, but he's spot on with that rant.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why a sports franchise has to be responsible for punishment of a public crime or domestic violence, etc. off the field or court etc. Don't we have a judicial system for that? And when they do I think its usually just PR for show.
On the field is another story; disqualifications, suspensions without pay, temporary or lifetime, are all appropriate. This rant is out of place in my opinion. Do we really want a wife beater's punishment to be significant compared to that which should come from the courts?

Reaction Score
I've always loved Olbermann. He's a bright and witty and articulate guy and I miss him on MSNB's Countdown show. As with anyone, there are times I've disagreed with his views but in the vast majority of cases, he and I have been on the same page. I was always wishing that he and Bill O'Reilly were in a forum together discussing politics and philosophy because he would have made O'Reilly look like the clown he truly is. Seldom have I ever heard him (O'Reilly) say anything that wasn't slanted and distorted and he's mocked everyone whose ever had a deferring opinion. Sorry, this isn't meant to be a political forum. The above piece pertaining to violence against women was powerful and oh, so true! Hopefully it'll continue to be passed along and force the NFL to reevaluate punishments passed along to NFL players and coaches who disrespect women and the law, etc.

Reaction Score
Olbermann is an absolute stooge that doesn't have one original thought is his entire body. He is a fake, two face, hypocrite that sways like the wind when ever pressed and he doesn't have the guts to stand up for himself!

This is just my overall opinion on Olbermann and has nothing to do with his so called rant on sexism I didn't even and won't watch it because I despise him.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Olbermann is an absolute stooge that doesn't have one original thought is his entire body. He is a fake, two face, hypocrite that sways like the wind when ever pressed and he doesn't have the guts to stand up for himself!This is just my overall opinion on Olbermann and has nothing to do with his so called rant on s e xism I didn't even and won't watch it because I despise him.

I think you are being a little too soft on him. You over emphasized his strong points.

Reaction Score
Olbermann is an absolute stooge that doesn't have one original thought is his entire body. He is a fake, two face, hypocrite that sways like the wind when ever pressed and he doesn't have the guts to stand up for himself!

This is just my overall opinion on Olbermann and has nothing to do with his so called rant on s e xism I didn't even and won't watch it because I despise him.
I couldn't disagree with you more. If you had written the above remarks about Bill O'Reilly I would totally agree or even more so about Hannity but Olbermann is his own man. He's gotten fired from numerous great positions because of his strong opinions that upset his bosses. I don't think he's stupid enough to do that if he was a fake. He would do whatever he could to appease the hand that fed him and yet he's been overly outspoken. O'Reilly (and Hannity) speak for the program manager at Fox whose name escapes me and for the Republican party. Like him or hate him, Olbermann speaks for himself! Just by your remarks, I'm inclined to think you are a disciple of Fox News!

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree with you more. If you had written the above remarks about Bill O'Reilly I would totally agree or even more so about Hannity but Olbermann is his own man. He's gotten fired from numerous great positions because of his strong opinions that upset his bosses. I don't think he's stupid enough to do that if he was a fake. He would do whatever he could to appease the hand that fed him and yet he's been overly outspoken. O'Reilly (and Hannity) speak for the program manager at Fox whose name escapes me and for the Republican party. Like him or hate him, Olbermann speaks for himself!

You are correct it was Bush's fault.

Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree with you more. If you had written the above remarks about Bill O'Reilly I would totally agree or even more so about Hannity but Olbermann is his own man. He's gotten fired from numerous great positions because of his strong opinions that upset his bosses. I don't think he's stupid enough to do that if he was a fake. He would do whatever he could to appease the hand that fed him and yet he's been overly outspoken. O'Reilly (and Hannity) speak for the program manager at Fox whose name escapes me and for the Republican party. Like him or hate him, Olbermann speaks for himself! Just by your remarks, I'm inclined to think you are a disciple of Fox News!

Oh really are you familiar with how he handled the Don Imus situation?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why a sports franchise has to be responsible for punishment of a public crime or domestic violence, etc. off the field or court etc. Don't we have a judicial system for that? And when they do I think its usually just PR for show.
On the field is another story; disqualifications, suspensions without pay, temporary or lifetime, are all appropriate. This rant is out of place in my opinion. Do we really want a wife beater's punishment to be significant compared to that which should come from the courts?
First of all, if someone did something heinous and worked for a big company, in most cases there is a distinct likelihood that that person would be terminated, even if the crime had nothing to do with the work environment. Football has to at least appear to discipline it's own because it is a business (entertainment) and it has to show that the famous don't have a free pass to do anything they want due to their notoriety. It's just a slap on the hand but it supposedly shows they (the NFL) don't condone their employees (indirectly) breaking the law or acting out in an anti-social manner. It's all PR because he should have been thrown to the curb by the Baltimore Ravens and been barred from the NFL instead of a two game suspension. What a joke!

Reaction Score

This is just my overall opinion on Olbermann and has nothing to do with his so called rant on s e xism I didn't even and won't watch it because I despise him.

Agree 100%. In general, intellectually dishonest to say the least.

Reaction Score
Thank you..but that is a little s e xist and demeaning isn't it?
Why???? I'm not sure what you mean. If it pertains to you, I don't know if you're a he or a she. I personally would like Ray Rice to have been hung out to dry and be thrown in jail for what he did to his then girlfriend so I'm unsure of what you are referring to. I did get a little political with someone's remark about Keith Olbermann and I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that your post was pertaining to Olbermann's contempt for George W. Bush, of which I concur. I thought maybe you were going after my politics. Again, if I'm wrong, I surely do apologize.

JS

Reaction Score
Sorry, this isn't meant to be a political forum.
No it isn't. Some of you either don't know the rule against political remarks or choose to ignore it.

There could be an interesting thread on the extent to which sports organizations can or should take punitive action for off-court (field) transgressions by players (owners, refs, coaches).

But as Alex correctly predicted, this wasn't going to be that thread given the identity of the "ranter."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom