OLB Britton to Uconn!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OLB Britton to Uconn!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he has a chance to enroll in September then it has to be something very minor. If he did not qualify then he would go JC and we would wait.

Reaction Score
kids who have issues, dont mail it in they try to make it. your confusing 2 different things. dobs and sylva were kids who had issues and the staff thought they could egt them. im not going to got thru that.

im not mad he didn't make a list of mine until a week ago. he was only recruited 2 weeks ago when we visited and gs offered after pitt did blah blah. what im mad about was this was supose to be a big weekend for us and we for some reason mailed it in. i dont see the need for another lb so there taht also.

No one mailed anything in Dan.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If he has a chance to enroll in September then it has to be something very minor. If he did not qualify then he would go JC and we would wait.

yes/ok. so w/e his issue is is small enough where fall enroll is possible but its big enough where all the good schools recruiting him backed off. we need to be made aware whats up with this. just reeks of typical staff racking up stars and then not landing them.

Reaction Score
Dan - you are crazy.

For a decade plus & two vastly different Head Coaches, we are speculating in recruiting on academics & athletic evaluation with simply no information. This is vastly different to Rutgers where recruitniks actually get fed some good solid morsels. You simply don't know at UConn. Matekevich. Nastahowski. Sylva. Dobbs. You won't know the inside. You can't fault the staff for being confidential - IMHO. You're walking a fine line.

I think they've done a good solid job heading into Wednesday. Maybe near our best class in the FBS era.

My primary problem? Simply lacking in the PP years of good solid RB prospects. And, we are failing now where Edsall did well: good choices in developing Line kids.

Reaction Score
yes/ok. so w/e his issue is is small enough where fall enroll is possible but its big enough where all the good schools recruiting him backed off. we need to be made aware whats up with this. just reeks of typical staff racking up stars and then not landing them.

Only a nutjob would rain on a thread covering a recruit that picked us over Pitt. You are the Zach Frazer of Boneyard posters, lots of potential but wild and constantly screwing up.

Every thread has to be about you, right?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Only a nutjob would rain on a thread covering a recruit that picked us over Pitt. You are the Zach Frazer of Boneyard posters, lots of potential but wild and constantly screwing up.

Every thread has to be about you, right?

yes

Reaction Score
Raw, looks to be a VG athlete, a BB player who has played only one year of FB. Could have a huge upside. Also as noted in the video, never been to a college FB game. Could be a college safety.

Played one year + 3 games of football and made Big 15 first team defense.

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.co...otball-first-and-second-team-defensive-stars/

LB Chris Britton, Harrisburg, 6-3, 200, Sr.:Although green to the position, Britton rocked ball carriers, generating recruiting buzz every step.

Highlight video here

**As an aside - Lamelle is on the first team offense:

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.co...otball-first-and-second-team-offensive-stars/

WR Brian Lemelle, Bishop McDevitt, 5-11, 175, Sr.:
Pennsylvania’s career leader in receptions and yards, he’s still going with 91 and 1,541 this year.

Reaction Score
Why all the negativity. I don't understand, the staff is bringing in the best recruiting class ever. Probably 18 or 19 of the recruits are ranked as three stars by a top recruiting service(247, rivals, espn, scout).

HFD why are u so frustrated that the school isn't listening to you. You can't be AD, Coach, Recruiting Coordinator, and President of the university all at the same time.

Why not just sit back and try to be the #1 fan? Two 5-7 seasons is gonna break your will. Seems like your caught up in an ego thing. But we gotta back this university and football team. Either you in or out. We got a new OC, added some recruiting punch, and next year is a make or break year for PP. Our Seniors are getting alot of NFL exposure, this is a good thing. We are getting some momentum going. Lets run with it and leave 2011 and 12 in the history books.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think the conference realignment stuff, and the perception that UConn hasnt done enough is really getting to people. Time to husky up. Brighter days are ahead for sure.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How about this, Boneyarders; let's give Chris the welcome that he deserves on a thread that has his name on it.

I'll say it again, Welcome to the Dog Pound, Chris!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i welcome mr britton and wish him the best. hes now a husky and i root for those types of dogs.

u guys need to take off the blue galsses sometimes. pitt ran out of slots and saw a good local late and offered him a gs. uconn needing filler clearly can't fill its class with 3/4* players offers him the same but also tosses in the if we have a ship line late. schools always end up with a extra or 2 so its a clear winner for him to pick uconn over pitt. hell one offered him the possibility of a scholarship right away and 1 didn't. not a hard choice. the question is what is the issue and how does this staff plan to make sure it gets figured out because this staff has routinely not figured out issues.

staff recruits dobbs, helps him ge tto milford and has a verbal from him. dobbs gets good grades at milford but whats wrong? he has a credits issue, so milford then wans't the best choice vs a full year of prep and certain classes elsewhere. how come the staff couldn't figure that out? and then how come we couldn't give dobbs a gs offer for a year of school or help him to juco at dean. dena gives a few ships so $ wasn't going to be a issue. there was a issue with the staffs willingness or just competence to getting done.

sylva transfered hs's half way in his 4 years. during that he lost a few cedits. the staff recruited him and and got a verbal and got him to shut down his recruiting going way under radar. (hell remmeber dobbs telling lville not to come visit, same thing...) we heard rumors all fall that sylva would be a early enroll. then when it got time the staff found out he needed another semester to clear house becuase of credits. ok. then when we get to camp he needs more creidts. now he goes to juco(dean). wtf is going on? how can we possibly not as human being sit dwon with the piece of paper his classes are printed on transcript wise and figure this out in 5 quick minutes. now we are letting the kid feel vulnerable up at dean and hes looking elsewhere becuase we wont let him verbal early. just silly and stupid things going on. i'm just going to stop there with the past examples and lets look at ones that will play out in a week.

can lemelle qualify? are stevens grades good enough? what does britton need and will he get a ship? what are folos grades like? does windsor hs give enough legit credits to cole over 4 years of is it liek a lot of ansonia kids who get the grades but lack some core level credits due to the schools academic issues?

Reactions: pj

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
i welcome mr britton and wish him the best. hes now a husky and i root for those types of dogs.

u guys need to take off the blue galsses sometimes. pitt ran out of slots and saw a good local late and offered him a gs. uconn needing filler clearly can't fill its class with 3/4* players offers him the same but also tosses in the if we have a ship line late. schools always end up with a extra or 2 so its a clear winner for him to pick uconn over pitt. hell one offered him the possibility of a scholarship right away and 1 didn't. not a hard choice. the question is what is the issue and how does this staff plan to make sure it gets figured out because this staff has routinely not figured out issues.

staff recruits dobbs, helps him ge tto milford and has a verbal from him. dobbs gets good grades at milford but whats wrong? he has a credits issue, so milford then wans't the best choice vs a full year of prep and certain classes elsewhere. how come the staff couldn't figure that out? and then how come we couldn't give dobbs a gs offer for a year of school or help him to juco at dean. dena gives a few ships so $ wasn't going to be a issue. there was a issue with the staffs willingness or just competence to getting done.

sylva transfered hs's half way in his 4 years. during that he lost a few cedits. the staff recruited him and and got a verbal and got him to shut down his recruiting going way under radar. (hell remmeber dobbs telling lville not to come visit, same thing...) we heard rumors all fall that sylva would be a early enroll. then when it got time the staff found out he needed another semester to clear house becuase of credits. ok. then when we get to camp he needs more creidts. now he goes to juco(dean). wtf is going on? how can we possibly not as human being sit dwon with the piece of paper his classes are printed on transcript wise and figure this out in 5 quick minutes. now we are letting the kid feel vulnerable up at dean and hes looking elsewhere becuase we wont let him verbal early. just silly and stupid things going on. i'm just going to stop there with the past examples and lets look at ones that will play out in a week.

can lemelle qualify? are stevens grades good enough? what does britton need and will he get a ship? what are folos grades like? does windsor hs give enough legit credits to cole over 4 years of is it liek a lot of ansonia kids who get the grades but lack some core level credits due to the schools academic issues?

Dan, either you didn't understand my last message, or you just didn't agree with it. In either case, your first sentence was perfect...

pj

Reaction Score
Dan, either you didn't understand my last message, or you just didn't agree with it. In either case, your first sentence was perfect...

Yes. HfD, you're making great points, but this isn't the right thread for it. This is a thread to welcome Chris Britton. I hope he's aware of what he needs to do to enroll at UConn in September (or the summer), and is taking care of academic business. The main point is, we want him here as soon as possible.

At the risk of incurring UConnDan97's wrath, let me suggest patience on the admissions question. We know that under Hathaway UConn underinvested in support staff for the academic and compliance sides of the athletic programs. WM and SH made a major commitment to fix that. Hopefully the failures in getting kids taken care of were a residue of an understaffed football program and the problem has been fixed.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yes. HfD, you're making great points, but this isn't the right thread for it. This is a thread to welcome Chris Britton. I hope he's aware of what he needs to do to enroll at UConn in September (or the summer), and is taking care of academic business. The main point is, we want him here as soon as possible.

At the risk of incurring UConnDan97's wrath, let me suggest patience on the admissions question. We know that under Hathaway UConn underinvested in support staff for the academic and compliance sides of the athletic programs. WM and SH made a major commitment to fix that. Hopefully the failures in getting kids taken care of were a residue of an understaffed football program and the problem has been fixed.

How dare you! How dare you agree with me!!! ;) Seriously though, I think Britton has a chance to be a really good one for us! I love the fact that we seem to be getting a fair share of players from the "Big33" over the last couple of years...

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
If I remember right, Blihdi only played one year of HS football. Now he could be a day 2 draftee!

Reaction Score
Just saw this kid's highlights. Incredibly fluid for a tall kid, and plays the game REAL fast for someone with such limited experience. Hope he makes his way onto the field for us. Welcome Chris Britton. Excited to have you on board.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
anyone got anything yet? it sounds to me like he should actually be classified as our 1st 2014 recruit unless he is able to get on campus in sept. enrolling in jan would mean hes a early 2014 class kid(who u then at that point count in the 2013 class if u can room wise)...would like to know the issue and the plan of action....

Reaction Score
anyone got anything yet? it sounds to me like he should actually be classified as our 1st 2014 recruit unless he is able to get on campus in sept. enrolling in jan would mean hes a early 2014 class kid(who u then at that point count in the 2013 class if u can room wise)...would like to know the issue and the plan of action....

I don't understand why you are confused. We offered him a grayshirt, which would mean enrolling in January of '14, unless we have an available schollie for him come August of 13, in which case he can enroll then. This is not a situation like Dobbs or Sylva where something has to be done academically first, or they are waiting for him to develop.

They want him but, as of today, they can't commit a schollie to him until after the season. I don't know what you are struggling with here..

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't understand why you are confused. We offered him a grayshirt, which would mean enrolling in January of '14, unless we have an available schollie for him come August of 13, in which case he can enroll then. This is not a situation like Dobbs or Sylva where something has to be done academically first, or they are waiting for him to develop.

They want him but, as of today, they can't commit a schollie to him until after the season. I don't know what you are struggling with here..

because it can't be that simple with this. there is something else involved as to why he could only land 2 gs offers.

Reaction Score
because it can't be that simple with this. there is something else involved as to why he could only land 2 gs offers.

Late Bloomer.........coupled with only maybe 15 games of film and experience.

Doesn't mean its a stretch necessarily, kid could be an amazingly gifted athlete who is a very coachable kid, who gets good grades.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Late Bloomer.........coupled with only maybe 15 games of film and experience.

Doesn't mean its a stretch necessarily, kid could be an amazingly gifted athlete who is a very coachable kid, who gets good grades.

then how come temple, nova and schools like that didn't offer and how come schools like bc, cuse and cincy who all recruit pa heavy and are all on nutzo rushes right now trying to fill slots didn't check him and so on.....

if it was simply a late bloomer thing, then some one would find him a slot better than a gs offer. what he just committed to uconn with is a possible 2013 class slot or a 2014 class slot(early enrol jan) but that means hes going back to hs to do a 5th year or hes going to prep school or a milford type factory. i'll stop with this, but i would like to know more and most likely none of our beat guys or recruit sites will answer the call. fine. let me know when hes on campus. on to the next slot.

dont get me wrong, i love that the kid is pumped to be a husky looking at his twitter. hope he kills it.

Reaction Score
then how come temple, nova and schools like that didn't offer and how come schools like bc, cuse and cincy who all recruit pa heavy and are all on nutzo rushes right now trying to fill slots didn't check him and so on.....

if it was simply a late bloomer thing, then some one would find him a slot better than a gs offer. what he just committed to uconn with is a possible 2013 class slot or a 2014 class slot(early enrol jan) but that means hes going back to hs to do a 5th year or hes going to prep school or a milford type factory. i'll stop with this, but i would like to know more and most likely none of our beat guys or recruit sites will answer the call. fine. let me know when hes on campus. on to the next slot.

dont get me wrong, i love that the kid is pumped to be a husky looking at his twitter. hope he kills it.

Explain Will Beatty then. Recruiting is not theoretical physics. It does not always follow a rational path for every player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom