Beat Pitt for his grey shirt services.

GIF-Dancing-In-The-Rain.GIF

Reaction Score
May still be a fall enrollee...

Britton Chooses UConn

By Brian Dohn
Northeast Recruiting Analyst
Posted Feb 3, 2013

Harrisburg (Pa.) High linebacker Chris Britton picked up an offer from Connecticut during the week and made his commitment at the end of his official visit Sunday.

Connecticut landed an under-the-radar linebacker Sunday when Harrisburg (Pa.) High Chris Britton gave his pledge at the end of an official visit.

The 6-foot-3, 207-pound Britton was offered a gray shirt scholarship by UConn two weeks ago, but was told the chance to enroll for the fall was possible. The visited sat well with Britton.
"I committed to UConn," Britton texted FOXSportsNEXT.
Britton, who made more than 100 tackles as a senior, also had a gray shirt offer from Pittsburgh.

He has the frame to add weight and play outside linebacker for the Huskies. Britton runs well and explodes toward the ball carrier, and he has the length to play well in coverage.

Blogs > Ramblings from The Runway

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Report: LB Chris Britton commits to UConn

According to a report by my former New Haven Register colleague Brian Dohn, the Northeast Recruiting Analyst for Scout.com and Fox Sports Next, Harrisburg (Pa.) linebacker Chris Britton has committed to UConn.

As the post on his commitment indicates, it is still to be determined whether Britton will enroll at UConn for the fall semester or become a mid-year enrollee.

He will join fellow UConn commits Junior Joseph and Brian Lemelle on the Pennsylvania squad playing the Maryland team in the Big 33 Classic.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is interesting. happy we beat out pitt, but is this kid that good where all he needs is a smemster(summer) of classes to boost grades or w/e and hes good enough? i dont get it. kids who get the gs are like dobbs usually. there is a solvable issue somewhere. but why do we think we can do it so quickly? pitt also did so thats that. why woudln't we rather take the local kid from milford or camara or something. we didn't need another lb in this class i thought. my hunch i guess is get him here w/e the issue is in the fall or spring next year(seems to hint prep school) and then pick between being a cb or bulking up to lb. i imagine he could cut weight a bit and become a big time cb. but who the heck knows. this is a wierd one. just glad he saw that the home state scum was scum.

on the other side, i am now worried about 2 of our 4 pa commits getting to uconn becuase of grades/school issues. not how i want to be sitting going into NSD.

Reaction Score
this is interesting. happy we beat out pitt, but is this kid that good where all he needs is a smemster(summer) of classes to boost grades or w/e and hes good enough? i dont get it. kids who get the gs are like dobbs usually. there is a solvable issue somewhere. but why do we think we can do it so quickly? pitt also did so thats that. why woudln't we rather take the local kid from milford or camara or something. we didn't need another lb in this class i thought. my hunch i guess is get him here w/e the issue is in the fall or spring next year(seems to hint prep school) and then pick between being a cb or bulking up to lb. i imagine he could cut weight a bit and become a big time cb. but who the heck knows. this is a wierd one. just glad he saw that the home state scum was scum.

on the other side, i am now worried about 2 of our 4 pa commits getting to uconn becuase of grades/school issues. not how i want to be sitting going into NSD.

Has he played CB before? I've seen LBs that size transition to S. I'm not sure I've ever seen a LB come in and transition to CB.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Has he played CB before? I've seen LBs that size transition to S. I'm not sure I've ever seen a LB come in and transition to CB.

i was just throwing that out there. i ment defensive back and yes hes tall so saftey. i thinks hes always benn a lb but i kinda see a switch possible in him. who knows tho. what im interested in is that this kid is so dam good that 2 bcs schools offered him gs offers based on fixing his issues. did any of u see that kids tape? it didn't exactly make me go frucking nuts. he looked like a good player but i dono....
welp, hes not technically #22, hes a footnote until he actually can get into uconn.

Reaction Score
We should be excited that a PA guy who had a Pitt offer chose Uconn instead, this is great news, let's not be debbie downers, if the kid was offered, then we should assume he's good enough.

Reaction Score
i was just throwing that out there. i ment defensive back and yes hes tall so saftey. i thinks hes always benn a lb but i kinda see a switch possible in him. who knows tho. what im interested in is that this kid is so dam good that 2 bcs schools offered him gs offers based on fixing his issues. did any of u see that kids tape? it didn't exactly make me go frucking nuts. he looked like a good player but i dono....
welp, hes not technically #22, hes a footnote until he actually can get into uconn.

Haven't seen any video, but obviously a number of recruiters saw things they liked. I'm just not sure we can just take size and weight and say, oh he could move to another position.

Reaction Score

Footnote or not... "He will join fellow UConn commits Junior Joseph and Brian Lemelle on the Pennsylvania squad playing the Maryland team in the Big 33 Classic."

Oh... and Tyvon Branch cam out of HS as a TB/LB!

Reaction Score
Footnote or not... "He will join fellow UConn commits Junior Joseph and Brian Lemelle on the Pennsylvania squad playing the Maryland team in the Big 33 Classic."

Oh... and Tyvon Branch cam out of HS as a TB/LB!

banana.GIF

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i just want to know what the issue is and how are we going to fix it. this staff has done a ok job finding kid swith issues that other schools overlook because they can recruit better and dont need the headaches. the problem is this staff then frucks every single one of those kids by no following thru with them and getting the issue fixed. so i'm worried. i'm worried about him and i'm worried about lemelle. and i'm going to be until i get signatures and dorm room numbers and jersey numbers above a locker.

ever heard of college coaches gaming the system? all do it in different ways. well here one we havn't see becuase we have never had a good recrutier before. kids who have issues and most likely wont qualify can still verbal to schools and pick schools then go prep/juco. if u notice over the past 2 years we have a had a significant number of those kids and ever time is a highly sought after or good player, not some reach. whe have never gotten these kids to campus yet. but the big thing is the staff gets to make the fanbase happy for a bit becuase they get some stars on a recruiting site and it makes the class look better and gives us hope. there seems to be a lot of that going on under P. dobbs, sylva, cunningham types and also kids they keep close tabs and lead on who then never get offers and go elsewhere and then kick our frucking ass on the field. i'm not going to fully acuse, but i'm not blind to the trend.

Reaction Score
i just want to know what the issue is and how are we going to fix it. this staff has done a ok job finding kid swith issues that other schools overlook because they can recruit better and dont need the headaches. the problem is this staff then frucks every single one of those kids by no following thru with them and getting the issue fixed. so i'm worried. i'm worried about him and i'm worried about lemelle. and i'm going to be until i get signatures and dorm room numbers and jersey numbers above a locker.

ever heard of college coaches gaming the system? all do it in different ways. well here one we havn't see becuase we have never had a good recrutier before. kids who have issues and most likely wont qualify can still verbal to schools and pick schools then go prep/juco. if u notice over the past 2 years we have a had a significant number of those kids and ever time is a highly sought after or good player, not some reach. whe have never gotten these kids to campus yet. but the big thing is the staff gets to make the fanbase happy for a bit becuase they get some stars on a recruiting site and it makes the class look better and gives us hope. there seems to be a lot of that going on under P. dobbs, sylva, cunningham types and also kids they keep close tabs and lead on who then never get offers and go elsewhere and then kick our frucking ass on the field. i'm not going to fully acuse, but i'm not blind to the trend.

SMH - sure HFD, they are doing this to satify the grumbling fanbase. Geesh. I'll give ya a "told ya so' if it happens but...

Oh - and on the "follow through" - it's a two way street. Kids have to commit to fix their academics when told to (Sylva).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
SMH - sure HFD, they are doing this to satify the grumbling fanbase. Geesh. I'll give ya a "told ya so' if it happens but...

Oh - and on the "follow through" - it's a two way street. Kids have to commit to fix their academics when told to (Sylva).

i am interested in seeing the contracts warde gave TJW and Buggs and will be redoing with Hank i asume.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn, Chris!

Reaction Score
3-4 boys, 3-4. Getting depth at dt has and will be an issue in ne. We r stacking up w/athletic de's and olb types.

Reaction Score
I mean if those guys were four and five Star players I guess I would agree to some extent, none of them are. We need a winning season in the worst way to make these conspiracy theories go away. I mean were getting three star players and in the case of Britton an unranked player to commit because it will make the fan base happy? I don't thin two or three players that don't work out academically is a trend. Look at Bryan, He was on campus and unforseen circumstances forced him to leave and go to Dean.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I mean if those guys were four and five Star players I guess I would agree to some extent, none of them are. We need a winning season in the worst way to make these conspiracy theories go away. I mean were getting three star players and in the case of Britton an unranked player to commit because it will make the fan base happy? I don't thin two or three players that don't work out academically is a trend. Look at Bryan, He was on campus and unforseen circumstances forced him to leave and go to Dean.

britton is our best recruit in the class acording to 247 ratings so theres that for the unranked argument...

bryan was a different story

sylva? dobbs? how come this school/staff doesn't know the exact # of certain level credits it needs to get kids in. just complete bs on both of them. not even going to rage on witht that. every sec class has 10 of those kids.

Reaction Score
HFD, just inquiring but can't it simply be that right now we thought we were set going into next year for LB's but saw huge potential in this kid, so we offer him a GS but we say you can start eligibility next year after some others graduate but if we are unable to fill the rest of our schollys going into next year instead of reaching for a kid at another position you will get the scholly. They have a few guys who are flexible at that position that could be moved elsewhere, such as Stevens (LB/DL), Clax (FB/LB), Vinci (FB/LB).....Maybe they see one of the LB's that could move to TE to fill a need.....

Reaction Score
Just a guess, but has a chance to enter for the fall usually means SAT scores, which is something he can improve upon later in the spring or in the fall if need be.

Reaction Score
britton is our best recruit in the class acording to 247 ratings so theres that for the unranked argument...

bryan was a different story

sylva? dobbs? how come this school/staff doesn't know the exact # of certain level credits it needs to get kids in. just complete bs on both of them. not even going to rage on witht that. every sec class has 10 of those kids.

Again, how many kids mail it in post commit and/or don't follow through on their academic requirments therefore changing the number of credits needed after the fact or take BS classes that don't clear the clearinghouse? As we saw with R.B. - transcipts can change. Blame the staff for field antics - not academic/clearinghouse related issues.

I think your mad because he came out of the blue and never made your "lists" up until last week. :p

pj

Reaction Score
I like him. Does look like a DB or OLB. Seems to be an excellent athlete.

Dan is right, this coaching staff has been very inconsistent on defensive recruiting. Don Brown was a great coach but he took a lazy approach to recruiting and a lot of players fell through the cracks. They seem to have started investing more effort lately but only a few players like Britton are left on the board. Hopefully they're going to follow through, they are working with admissions, they know what the players need and will get them in.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Chris!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Again, how many kids mail it in post commit and/or don't follow through on their academic requirments therefore changing the number of credits needed after the fact or take BS classes that don't clear the clearinghouse? As we saw with R.B. - transcipts can change. Blame the staff for field antics - not academic/clearinghouse related issues.

I think your mad because he came out of the blue and never made your "lists" up until last week. :p

kids who have issues, dont mail it in they try to make it. your confusing 2 different things. dobs and sylva were kids who had issues and the staff thought they could egt them. im not going to got thru that.

im not mad he didn't make a list of mine until a week ago. he was only recruited 2 weeks ago when we visited and gs offered after pitt did blah blah. what im mad about was this was supose to be a big weekend for us and we for some reason mailed it in. i dont see the need for another lb so there taht also.

Reaction Score
Raw, looks to be a VG athlete, a BB player who has played only one year of FB. Could have a huge upside. Also as noted in the video, never been to a college FB game. Could be a college safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom