Oklahoma's 6'9" Freshman | The Boneyard

Oklahoma's 6'9" Freshman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else catch Nancy Mulkey last week against Kentucky?

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game but I just looked at the box score she only played three minutes?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've seen Nancy Mulkey interviewed. She's a sweet, smart, lovely young woman. The more she spoke the more endearing she became. Unfortunately as a D1 player she seems quite raw with a lot of work to do in the weight room, on the block, with her footwork, with her passing, with her shot....Pretty much everywhere. Hopefully she'll put in the work.

Reaction Score
So lets see, Kim Mulkey is 5"4' and you think she has a 6'9" daughter? No relation. Nancy was in USA basketball with a lot of our gals. It will be interesting to see how she progresses.
I was kidding. I know there is no relation. Robertson was pretty good at flopping, but she is a Texan, so we all know she is pretty soft.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the game but I just looked at the box score she only played three minutes?
I just watched it and she only played in the first half. She looks like she's just getting acclimated to college ball.

I'll tune in every time Oklahoma plays. She makes the WCCB more interesting.

Reaction Score
Saw Nancy also on TVs "My Giant Life"..... and saw her whole family..... a wonderful young woman

Reaction Score
I think she would play a lot better facing the basket vs her back to the basket. She needs to get stronger, but she can really shoot it from the high post right now.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was kidding. I know there is no relation. Robertson was pretty good at flopping, but she is a Texan, so we all know she is pretty soft.

You mean like Jefferson, Collier and Gordon? :p

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She is definitely a project but like the say, you can't teach someone to be 6-9. I find it interesting that she is only an inch taller that Griner but looks much taller to me.

Reaction Score
She is definitely a project but like the say, you can't teach someone to be 6-9. I find it interesting that she is only an inch taller that Griner but looks much taller to me.

but can she dunk?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Everywhere I read about her described her as a 'project' with great upside. I remember there was a giant at Michigan or Michigan State a few years ago who was also a 'project' - when you get that far outside the curve in terms of body dimensions, it is hard to keep 'body balance' - strength, coordination, hand/eye, joint strength, quickness, etc. all become more problematic. Players like Griner and Wilt standout so much because they do/did achieve that kind of balance and so far for Griner have not had injury issues.
It will be interesting to see how she progresses - I think Cole is a good coach for her.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Some kids who are that big play hoops because it seems like they almost have to. I went to a good bb high school. The tallest kid in school was on the team. He rarely played because he just wasn't good.

Reaction Score
true she does not have a "made for college" body yet...... she needs to fill out a bit.... that player referred to was on Michigan State....Gillingham i think.... she was 6'10" i think .. tallest on the mens or womens team..... but same body type..... thin

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
true she does not have a "made for college" body yet. she needs to fill out a bit.... that player referred to was on Michigan State....Gillingham i think.... she was 6'10" i think .. tallest on the mens or womens team..... but same body type..... thin
You might be thinking of Heidi Gillingham, 6-10, who played for Vanderbilt in the early 90s.

Reaction Score
You might be thinking of Heidi Gillingham, 6-10, who played for Vanderbilt in the early 90s.

yes gus you are correct..... the gal i am talking about did play for the Spartans.... just got the name wrong.....

Reaction Score
Looking at the videos of her in HS it looks like she can shoot pretty good. I think she said she wants to shoot threes.

I think she should learn how to shoot a basic hook shot and take advantage of her height down low.

She'd be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69