Oklahoma State basketball player Tyrek Coger collapses, dies after team workout | The Boneyard

Oklahoma State basketball player Tyrek Coger collapses, dies after team workout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That first game in Maui is gonna be very emotional for Rodney. Heart has to go out to Ok St, they've experienced far too many tragedies recently.

RIP

Reaction Score
Didn't realize how close Purvis and Coger were.

UConn’s Rodney Purvis mourns loss of ‘brother’: ‘There’s no getting him back’, New Haven Register

Rodney Purvis looked as good as ever at the Greater Hartford Pro-Am on Sunday afternoon, seemingly a bit leaner, with a little more bounce in his step on the Sports and Medical Sciences Academy basketball floor.

But Purvis, the UConn guard, was playing with a heavy heart.

Just a few days earlier, Purvis’s close friend, Tyrek Coger, passed away after a workout at Oklahoma State University. Coger was 22.

Biologically, Purvis is an only child. But Coger, who was taken in by Purvis’s mother, Shanda McNair, when he was in eighth grade, was as close as Purvis has ever had to a sibling.

“He lived at my house,” Purvis said on Sunday, shortly before his Pauly Chute Slamm took on Cambyland in a GHPA game. “He was basically like my brother.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very sad. My thoughts to Rodney and the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom