Oklahoma-Houston | The Boneyard

Oklahoma-Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Listening to the Arizona Cardinals - Houston Texans game on NFL radio, they played a commercial pushing tickets for UH's game with Oklahoma. Admittedly it's being played in the NFL stadium, but how can Houston, in the middle of their Big 12 push and coming off their best season in decades, not have nailed down the sell-out? If they can't do it now, how will they do it when they are in the league?

P.S. The ad for the SF Austin - Sam
Houston State "Battle for the Piney Woods " was more exciting.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing a UH game at NRG a couple years back. Joint was sooooooo empty.

Reaction Score
Actually, it's shocking. Shocking, only in that OU fans haven't bought out most of the joint. In the end, it won't be surprising for Sooners' supporters to comprise 75% of the spectators.

For Cougar High students, 75% = 3 of every 4 spectators. In your 5th grade of Cougar High, you may learn a little bit about percentages and fractions.

Reaction Score
The pricing of the game is similar to an NFL game here (maybe the Jets). Not sure how this is going to sell out.

Reaction Score
The pricing of the game is similar to an NFL game here (maybe the Jets). Not sure how this is going to sell out.
That's stubhub -- aftermarket.

Reaction Score
I just looked. They only have upper deck endzone seats available. It should be sold out by game time, but it will be very interesting to see the split in the stands between the dark red of Oklahoma and the bright red of Houston.

Fortunately, there are still quite a few tickets left for the "Battle of the Piney Woods" if anyone is interested.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Usually I'd root for a conference mate in a big OOC game. Nope. Hope Oklahoma crushes them
Crushing them works. I was hoping more that they kick the snot out of them, but I can go with crushing.

C

Chief00

Actually, and this is conjecture, I think UH is part of AAC credibility - so still believing them doing well is good. Also, they don't have 8 votes so that might create deal making to get to 14 teams.

Reaction Score
Actually, and this is conjecture, I think UH is part of AAC credibility - so still believing them doing well is good. Also, they don't have 8 votes so that might create deal making to get to 14 teams.
If UConn isn't going to get an invite, the best thing would be for there to be no expansion. Houston is one of the few schools in the AAC that has a pretty good history in both major sports, so if the league is going to hold together for a while, they really need to perform. It's a shame that the best of the AAC and MWC couldn't join together in one league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom