@ Ohio State; then @ Baylor | The Boneyard

@ Ohio State; then @ Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This might be a far different and competitive Buffalo team. Sure ... it has taken them a good 15 years to get some semblance of what works (the Turner Gill years were a flash). But ... I believe this is a good MAC program with some real athletes. It is not a gimme ... like it used to be.

Playing at Ohio State and at Baylor tells you that they were thinking some about their schedule. This game with UConn is one they definitely want & think it has potential for them. (after a layup against Stony Brook) ... which wasn't.

I don't know what to think about Pasqualoni's ability to have OUR team compete at OUR highest level. I just think we need to execute (haha)

Reaction Score
I know Michigan maybe somewhat overrated, but when you watch that replay, you see how our Dlinemen matched up against their OL. You saw Smallwood and Ahsiru, and our DBs, and you think this shouldn't be much of a game against UB if were up, ready and play to our ability. I watched UB vs Ohio State, they looked small compared on defense compared to the Ohio State OL. Their coach had them up and had a good game plan however. Under P, we play down to the competition. In a game like this I expect P to be at his conservative best. Run, run, pass, punt, wash, rinse, repeat. Hope I'm wrong.

How bout giving Knappe some snaps.

Reaction Score
I watched a little of the Ohio State game, too and I really have to agree with noeynox's assessment. Buffalo looked pretty over matched. And Baylor kicked the heck out of them. A decent effort on our part we ought to win, but we've all seen UConn struggle with MAC opponents in the Pasqualoni era, and after last week's bright lights playing in front of 20,000 in Buffalo is a perfect setting for another flat outing. for what its worth, I think Buffalo took a couple of payday games and ours just happened to fall where it fell. Much more serendipity than some detailed plan. Key to this game will be whether UConn comes out ready to play and whether we can actually gain some yardage on the ground against a defense that has allowed 250 rushing yards/game. If we can't pick up 100 yards on the ground against the Buf defense we really need to just tear the entire run package out of the playbook. A loss and I have to think that at a minimum there have to be staff changes, and there is no question we'll have a new head coach for 2014. Won't even be open to discussion.

Reaction Score
Buffalo has a really good RB (Oliver) and a LB (Mack) that are both NFL players we need to watch out for. A couple posters this week have commented on their WR Neutz as well, although I can't speak to that. They seem to be weak at QB from what I've seen as well.

Won't be an easy game by any stretch, they hung in fairly well with Ohio State. I won't even try to gauge anything from the Baylor game as that offense is just unstoppable this year.

I'm worried about the letdown factor on our side and playing in a dead stadium after an inspired performance. We have seen that movie before under Pasqualoni (Maryland to Western Michigan in 2012).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here were their thoughts on their schedule. You'll pay us how much? We'll be there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As for Buffalo they only needed 5 overtimes to beat Stony Brook. I mean Stony Brook only lost to Villanova by 29. So this totally looks like a different Buffalo team.

Reaction Score
Buffalo will be jacked for this one. They know we have pushed them around for a while now and I'm sure they smell blood. We come off a good, but heartbreaking effort, and it's only reasonable to assume something of a let down. Zero confidence that this staff can make adjustments to compensate for that and I will not be at all surprised to be 0-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom