Oh hai | The Boneyard

Oh hai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey guys...I'm at the gym. No ESPN2 here. Anything exciting happen in tournament play? I mean, I'm TIVOing everything, but I didn't add any extra time for the last game cuz Baylor was totally gonna blow 'em out, right?

Seriously, this is the biggest upset ever in WCBB, no? Totally makes one forget about Lindsay Harding choking on those FTs, or that nightmare second half against ND in 2001. Baylor was close to a mortal lock as it gets.

Tennessee is so freakin lucky. When do we get luck like that? Whatever Holly Warlick has in her wallet right now, she should lay it all on a ticket for Super Powerball.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Seriously, this is the biggest upset ever in WCBB, no? Totally makes one forget about Lindsay Harding choking on those FTs, or that nightmare second half against ND in 2001.
That 2001 game wasn't a huge upset. Baylor was the prohibitive favorite coming into the game; UConn was a 1 seed vs 2 seed ND but was playing without the injured Svet Abrosimova and Shea Ralph.

Reaction Score
Hmm...I thought ND was the overall no. 1 that year? Was thinking more about the 30-point second half swing that went ND's way as the "upset" part.

Just a distant memory in light of recent events...tra la tra la!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
16 over 1 seed Harvard/Stanford still ranks as the number one upset ever in college ball, men's or women's. (And yes I know the Stanford star was injured, but it was still a 16 seed against a 1 seed.)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
16 over 1 seed Harvard/Stanford still ranks as the number one upset ever in college ball, men's or women's. (And yes I know the Stanford star was injured, but it was still a 16 seed against a 1 seed.)
Harvard should not have been a 16 seed but still, big upset.

Reaction Score
But Harvard didn't beat a full-strength Stanford team; the Cardinal had two starters go down with season-ending knee injuries the week before the game. And Harvard lost to Arkansas in the next round, so their upset win didn't do much to change the trajectory of the tournament other than to eliminate one favored team.

Baylor returned every key piece from a NC team with the best record in WCBB history, including the supposed best player in WCBB history.

This Baylor upset reinvigorates every team left in the tourney--it's like starting the whole thing over. UConn and ND are no longer "playing for second" (in a manner of speaking), and the rest of the teams see that even the biggest of dogs can be tamed. It's wide open now.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
To me it's clear: this one, the one you guys got to see, and I watched in the game thread, was the biggest...the others really don't come close. Baylor was a LOCK, and had been for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom