Official UCONN vs Rutgers prediction thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Rutgers prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
This is the battle of the immovable object (Rutgers run defense - currently ranked #1 in the country) versus the irresistible force (GDL's insistence on running Lyle McCombs right up the middle on virtually every first down). If something doesn't give and we just keep pounding our head into a wall this board may go nuclear by the end of the first two 3 & outs.

My guess is that Rutgers takes this from one or two big plays (either long passes or defensive scores) and our offense really struggles - as bad as it did against NC State. Rutgers 17 - UConn 6. All of this is of course completely null and void if Rutgers chooses to turn over the ball four times or more like they did last year.

We just lost our starting 1T-NT to a wrist injury for the year... and will now have to shuffle the interior DL... by moving Scott Vallone to NT from 3T-DT... We have some 3T-DTs/DEs/REs returning this week from injury so our pass rush and depth at 3T-DT should be a little better... however depth at NT is a problem since both 1st and 2nd string NTs are out for the season and our 1st string 3T-DT is now the 1st string NT (as he was last year)... that should have a negative effect on our rush D up the middle imo... :(

Reaction Score
UConn - 100
Rutgers - 0

I would usually try to come up with something witty, but no need to waste my time thinking about a 1-aa team.

Reaction Score
I think we start off well. But were down 3 at the half. The run goes nowhere.Our D is on the field too long. 10 points later rutgers is up by 7. Run on first down. Run on second down. 3rd and long. You know the rest.

31 - 17 New Jersey. Good news is my pics have been terrible this year. Hope that continues.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
yukeon.jpg

Reaction Score
The board has gone apathetic already. If we even thought of posting those pics (of our wins) above on the RU board we'd be banned immediately.

Normally this board would jump all over this RutgersAlice wannabe. Sad really.

This year is going to be longer than we've ever experienced. We may pick off one or two teams but trust me on this. A long year awaits us.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
The board has gone apathetic already. If we even thought of posting those pics (of our wins) above on the RU board we'd be banned immediately.

Normally this board would jump all over this RutgersAlice wannabe. Sad really.

This year is going to be longer than we've ever experienced. We may pick off one or two teams but trust me on this. A long year awaits us.

probably on the scout site... NOT on the rivals site... the scout site is more intolerant of such things...

Reaction Score
What part of the article did you clowns miss about Gratz and Wirth getting offers from RU after the UConn offer and went to UConn anyways.

Williams didn't get an offer and was dissapointed (being from NJ does that surprise you?)

No where in the article did it say they wanted to be at RU or were unhappy with their choice.

More proof of who put the delu in delusional.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
What part of the article did you clowns miss about Gratz and Wirth getting offers from RU after the UConn offer and went to UConn anyways.

Williams didn't get an offer and was dissapointed (being from NJ does that surprise you?)

No where in the article did it say they wanted to be at RU or were unhappy with their choice.

More proof of who put the delu in delusional.
It was disappointing for me. I wished things went differently a couple of years ago, but everything happens for a reason."

Reaction Score
He wanted am offer from State U. He said he wished things went differently A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. Not today. Thinks happen for a reason generally mean that him being here is just fine.

Kind of like when you were born your parents said "things happen for a reason but Jesus how did we get stuck with an idiot?"

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nice try blitz:) but you'll have to do better if you want us to get pissed at our own players.

Now getting us pissed at our coaches, on the other hand...

Reaction Score
The hills/mountains of Connecticut > the swamps of NJ/Snooki-land. That's my prediction.

Reaction Score
He wanted am offer from State U. He said he wished things went differently A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. Not today. Thinks happen for a reason generally mean that him being here is just fine.

Kind of like when you were born your parents said "things happen for a reason but Jesus how did we get stuck with an idiot?"

More of a bull$hit article from JJ... Nice for him to be mining for bulletin board material.

Reaction Score
Reading that article objectively it seemed a criticism against Rutgers for letting quality players get overlooked. If that article were written during the Edsall years and if it was focused on CT kids that didn't get pursued by UConn and wound up being productive elsewhere, this board would have gone batsh!t and would have been directed internally.

Reaction Score
God's Country - 13
All that is awful in this world and the next - 10.
Problem with this is, with all the blitzing, and the fact that everyone now has it figured out, we are going to get caught with pants down like at Pitt last year. A good QB eats blitz for breakfast. Open over the middle for 15, for 25, 10 more. There's no way we hold them to 10 points. No way. But I hope you're right!

Reaction Score
Regarding that article.........how did you guys not offer Mark Harrison?

Reaction Score
You can roll your eyes but Edsall took a pass on him because of academic concerns. I don't say this as a knock on RU either, cause I wish we took him. Getting kids into this school has been a problem that many of us think needs to be fixed. Happened with Bryce McNeal trying to get into grad school this summer (different circumstance than Harrison).

You asked a question, I gave you the answer.

Reaction Score
Well you could have explained it better and not like an .

Is your new coach trying more to help kids get in?

Reaction Score
27-24 Uconn, game winning field goal as time expires. Every time RU gets hype they show their true colors. Choke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom