Official UCONN vs Nova prediction thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Nova prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sheriffs scrambles to a victory - 24-10. Uconn has many drives which sputter out. No Uconn turnovers. Nova unable to do much against this healthy and capable D.

The question at the end of the game will be - does Ucon look better because of Balis or Diaco or Verducci?

Reaction Score
My initial thought was 17-14 UCONN, however I am not sure our offense is capable of scoring two touchdowns...yet. This is Sheriffs first game in a long time, nerves and excitement will get the best of him. I think the offense will finish one drive and score a TD, we will stall out several other times and settle for FGs. Our Defense will be stout but will slip on a couple plays and give up a big play for a TD.

Final score 16-10 or 16-14 UCONN wins. It is a good building block for the rest of the season. Offense will start to improve week over week and the D will go from level 200 to level 200+... A good first step is to be 1-0 after week one. We can improve from there. (My glass is half full)

Reaction Score
a top 3 fcs team is every bit going to be like a 30-40 ranked fbs team. Can we beat a number thirty. Think Cincinnati or Nebraska ish. those teams are top 40 and Villanova can hang with all those teams. the bright side is when we win we know the future will be brighter

Reaction Score
Myers has a huge day and Nova's QB is uncomfortable all night throws 4 ints two to Andrew Adams.

Offense manages the game but looks improved.

Uconn 38-17/

Reaction Score
Both teams have holes on the OL but theirs are bigger and we have the D to take advantage. Almost all the matchups favor us except QB and maybe WR but our D negates that in large measure. Just like the matchups including specials. (31-21)

Reaction Score
20-16 cats

But we move the ball, have long drives that consume the clock and actually have a 13-10 lead at halftime. Its a game worth watching, entertaining, 2nd half turnovers prove costly. Gives us hope to beat Army the following week.

Reaction Score
UCONN controls both lines of scrimmage, rushes for 125 yards and gets 3 sacks. Special team score by Newsome. Defense sets up another score on a fumble recovery.

Dogs 31-27

Arkeel Newsome 140 yards rushing -6ypc
Ron Johnson runs for 75 yards -4.5ypc
Noel Thomas 6 catches 95 yards
Alex Bloom/Tommy Meyers combine for 5 catches 60 yards
Bryant Sherriffs 17/25 210 yards - 1 interception

Defense forces 3 NOVA turnovers

Final Score UCONN 35 NOVA 17

Reaction Score
Offensive line is serviceable but still rusty. Defensive line goes on a terror. Offensive backfield does a serviceable job with ball security; good ball decisions by Shirrefs in particular. Arkeel Newsome busts out at least a few big plays. Receiving corps for the most part do a good job with bringing in the ball. I don't see a bunch of plays for huge YAC, at least not until they get into an offensive groove throughout the season. Defensive backs do a solid job of not giving up big plays, thanks in part to pressure up front. I can see a handful of missed tackles due to jitters, but overall, the defense settles down, especially in second half. Not a ton of major hiccups on special teams, either, in terms of missed kicks or turnovers.

FINAL SCORE:
UConn 31, Nova 17

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I'll go with Jimdish's 31 for UConn, but our D holds 'Nova to an additional FG:

Dogs 31
Cats 17

GO DOGS!!!!

Reaction Score
No explanations, just gut feeling: 26-10 Dawgs beat Cats. Woof! Will be in section 226 for this one.... hyperventilating. :confused::rolleyes::p

Reaction Score
Huskies 31
Bobcats 20
UConn defense is stout and gets a couple of turnovers to pull away.

Reaction Score
I'll go with Jimdish's 31 for UConn, but our D holds 'Nova to an additional FG:

Dogs 31
Cats 17

GO DOGS!!!!

A vote of confidence! The more I think about it the more I'm convinced we're going to separate some guys from their lunches tomorrow night.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Time to weigh in, for the record. I'll feel much more confident making predictions after I actually, you know, see what the new QB can actually do and can't do. However I'm going to remain pessimistic about our Coach and wish we were playing anyone but Nova first:

1. Nova wins 23-13
2. Season record 2-10
3. New coach in 2016.

Hope I'm wrong about 1 and 2. And as I've said numerous times even if we go 3-9 but show nice progress I will not be disappointed in the year and I will admit Diaco may have what it takes. But if we go 2-10 or 3-9 and have too many games like USF, Army, SMU last year I will be hammering him 24/7. Prove me wrong Bobby boy!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Time to weigh in, for the record. I'll feel much more confident making predictions after I actually, you know, see what the new QB can actually do and can't do. However I'm going to remain pessimistic about our Coach and wish we were playing anyone but Nova first:

1. Nova wins 23-13
2. Season record 2-10
3. New coach in 2016.

Hope I'm wrong about 1 and 2. And as I've said numerous times even if we go 3-9 but show nice progress I will not be disappointed in the year and I will admit Diaco may have what it takes. But if we go 2-10 or 3-9 and have too many games like USF, Army, SMU last year I will be hammering him 24/7. Prove me wrong Bobby boy!!!
Yeah, because teams can't improve with 25 more scholarships, better strength and conditioning, and another year experience. That never happens.

Far too many people are predicting doom (You just happen to be insufferable) based on last year and are completely dismissing whatever the team did from Mid-December 2014 to August 2015.

This is a different team from last year and I think you'll find that there was a method to Coach Diaco's madness.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Same here. I feel irrationally confident we'll win, but logically Nova should be better than us.

I think we'll learn a good amount about Shirreffs Thursday.
That is it, in spades. He wins it with his legs with 2 rushing TDs.
24-23.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
I predict we win 17-14 as I think we will still struggle on offense but the Defense picks us up and we win a close one.

Reaction Score
I think Villanova looks pretty good, but our offense comes through and wins it on the last possession, 20-17. UConn wins the turnover battle, too, and our defense either scores a TD or sets up a first-and-goal that we convert into a TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom