Official UCONN vs Nova prediction thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Nova prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
20-17 UConn. I'm still not entirely convinced we win this game to be honest. However, I need to believe we will.

Reaction Score
Not sure how we move from last year's offense to 30+ points. D is stout. Therefore:

U-C-O-N-N wins 13-10

Reaction Score
My heart says 23-21 Huskies.

My head thinks the Cats will win, as we barely beat a FCS team last year that is not as good as Nova. Not to mention the unknowns we have at QB and OC this year.

I really hope my heart is right.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
20-17 UConn. I'm still not entirely convinced we win this game to be honest. However, I need to believe we will.

Same here. I feel irrationally confident we'll win, but logically Nova should be better than us.

I think we'll learn a good amount about Shirreffs Thursday.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen this Spring to the present, the greatest concern is obviously the OL/QB/WR and their ability. I'm hoping these guys are up to at least above respectable showing for Game 1 of the season. Not to beat the dead horse, but they really are the keys to the game if we want to pull off the win. From an analytical standpoint I see Bryant and Company taking this team to a few touchdowns with the run game exploding through Newsome and Johnson's combo. Defensively, I expect to see the young Villanova line to get taken care of by our Defensive line, at least I hope. A few scrambles by Robertson may elude the Huskies but overall I think our core Linebackers, if taking the right angles, will stop John and hopefully gather a defensive touchdown. Unfortunately as others have said, I find it hard to reach 30 in this game, but it's certainly achievable with our currently new Dual Threat ability and the rise of Thomas (breakout year hopefully!)

Final Prediction: UConn 24 Villanova 10 (2 OFF TD's, 1 DEF TD, 1 FG.)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Mojo demands we pick UConn to win, so 24-21.

Reaction Score
I can't believe we've fallen as far as we have. The road back to redemption has to start Thursday.
We start one senior on the offensive side of the ball. Defense has to keep it close....

My head tells me Nova but my heart tells ME something else and I am betting
with my heart in this one....Doggies 20 - Nova 17 in OT.

Reaction Score
Can we really beat a top three fcs team?? Think about that

Reaction Score
31 - 13 Nova wins big.

I don't want it, but logic dictates this after last season.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Noeynox has it right 27-14. Huskies get a score om special teams and one on defense.

Reaction Score
24-6 UConn wins...Nova is a good FCS team, no doubt about it. But UConn has far too much talent and I think the defense comes up BIG!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Ball control - lots of running by RJ, BS, AN and DeLo.

23-18 Dawgs

Reaction Score
Every year there is talk about the talent on UConn. Unfortunately, the so called talent gap hasn't produced a rash of victories.

Don't forget......a good number of our recruits choose UConn over FCS offers. So the talent gap isn't extreme.

Tough game.......someone will squeak out a low scoring win. A real nail biter.

Too close for me to offer a guess as to who that someone will be.

Reaction Score
It's time foe the Huskies to put on their big boy pants & act like an FBS team playing an FCS visitor. Give no quarter. Play like a team that's tired of practicing against itself & ready to give a thrashing to those in white jerseys. Big Dogs 28-Cats 10.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
UCONN 41
Nova 13
Shirreffs 16-25 215 yds passing 2 TDs O TO's 52 yds rushing 1 TD
Ron Johnson 114 yds rushing 1 TD (Newsome, Marriner & Max for another 56 yds)
Thomas 6 catches 85 yds 1 TD
Bloom 4 catches 55 yds 1 TD
Lemelle 162 yds on 7 Punt Returns 1 TD
Newsome 4 Kickoff Returns for 123 yds
Luuuuuuke 2.5 sacks
Adams 1 INT
Joseph 1 INT

Reaction Score
Defense is the strong point of both teams so I see another USF or Tulane type outcome. UConn- 16, Nova- 13

Reaction Score
I'm taking Nova 24-20. I gotta bad feeling about this one (which is good for UConn because I had a really good feeling going into the Towson and BYU openers the last 2 seasons).

Reaction Score
Based on last year we should be about a 2 point favorite at home. Based on our personnel we should be about a 10 point favorite. This year ain't last year and the offense should be better if inconsistent to start, but the defense will cause havoc.

Energy bucket begins to refill.

31-21 UConn

Reaction Score
Uconn will run, run and run some more. They will control clock and not put the ball in the air much more than 5-8 times as the focus will be ball security and zero turnovers. 3rd down and >5 yards, don't expect a pass. They will run for it and play field position. 2nd and short, you will see some slants or quick WR screens. Not a high probability of stretching the field at all. BD has likely decided that Shireffs needs to hit someone quick or throw it away. Manage the game, hand off cleanly. No turnovers. TOP will be at least 40-20 for Uconn. But they will bog down repeatedly on Nova's side of the field as Nova will stack the box and will run some blitzes that Uconn has not prepared for or is not yet ready for. D is one of their strengths and OL is one of Uconn's weaknesses. Nova, on their limited possessions will be more open to big plays based on their biggest strength (QB) and will hit just enough to be in the game the entire 60 minutes.

You are looking at maybe 10-14 points max on either side so the score is too close to call.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Question: is Nova still favored in Vegas? If so, is the line based on anything OTHER than last seasons records? If yes, do the guys that set the line have inside info? If they do, from where and from who?
If the line is based on last season, UCONN has a decent shot at a win.

Reaction Score
Question: is Nova still favored in Vegas? If so, is the line based on anything OTHER than last seasons records? If yes, do the guys that set the line have inside info? If they do, from where and from who?
If the line is based on last season, UCONN has a decent shot at a win.
Lines are based on attracting almost equal money on both sides of the bet. If a lot of money is being wagered on one side, the line moves to attract more money to the other side. Bettors generally have nothing to go on other than last year which is why week 1 is a great week to play underdogs based on what you might know about substantial changes from the prior year, if you are into that sort of thing. There are others on this board that can explain how lines work in much more detail than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom