Official Tomahawk the Tigers Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official Tomahawk the Tigers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You almost have to draw the play up for Vance, I hate to say. They'll have a triple team on Purvis...

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Sure...our leading scorer today will be the reason why we lose if we lose. Okay...

His poor decisions have given Auburn numerous free points today. This game would be well over if he was ever in control.

Reaction Score
I'd much rather see a few of the walk-ons play instead of Purvy. His errors negate any of his scoring , which generally amount to an overall minus contribution.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
His poor decisions have given Auburn numerous free points today. This game would be well over if he was ever in control.

He's our leading scorer today, and a big reason why we didn't lose in regulation time. He played hard as hell today, and it's ridiculous to dump on him today of all days. We had him and nothing else for a large chunk of the game...

Reaction Score
I'd much rather see a few of the walk-ons play instead of Purvy. His errors negate any of his scoring , which generally amount to an overall minus contribution.

Might as well go watch another sport. Maybe peewees.

Reaction Score
UConn had two players on the floor (sorta) capable of hitting a 3, and Ollie has one of them inbound the ball. This staff needs to be blown up after the season.

Also, how did those refs watch replays in slow-mo and come up with 1.4 seconds??

Reaction Score
He's our leading scorer today, and a big reason why we didn't lose in regulation time. He played hard as hell today, and it's ridiculous to dump on him today of all days. We had him and nothing else for a large chunk of the game...
I'll give him a pass for today, but being the "leading scorer today" doesn't carry much weight when you need 22 shots to score 20 points.

Reaction Score
UConn had two players on the floor (sorta) capable of hitting a 3, and Ollie has one of them inbound the ball. This staff needs to be blown up after the season.

Also, how did those refs watch replays in slow-mo and come up with 1.4 seconds??

With 1.4 seconds left, you need your best passer there. You're going to have Facey inbound it instead? What if he doesn't even get the ball to Purvis?

Reaction Score
With 1.4 seconds left, you need your best passer there. You're going to have Facey inbound it instead? What if he doesn't even get the ball to Purvis?
You don't have that luxury when you only have two perimeter players on the court.

Reaction Score

Purvis was getting the ball no matter what for the last shot but Jackson would have been a nice 2nd option in case. Ugh.....going to be a long 3 months, especially when we get in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
This team's offense is pathetic. The game could have been over in the first half if the Huskies could hit some hoops...they held Auburn to one-and-done for about a dozen trips in a row and failed to put points on the board on their end.

You guys that get your pants wet about these recruits are ridiculous. Jackson was recruited for his 3-point ability, but when called on today to drain threes he came up empty - alot. Heckuva player. Durham was lost out on the floor, looking to teammates to tell him where to position himself. Vitale....well, what can you say.

The team should be commended for their ability to stick with Auburn. The Huskies just don't have the horses to finish.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'll give him a pass for today, but being the "leading scorer today" doesn't carry much weight when you need 22 shots to score 20 points.

And who else was going to take the shot?? That's my entire point. There are games to get mad at Rodney. Today ain't one of them...

Reaction Score
And who else was going to take the shot?? That's my entire point. There are games to get mad at Rodney. Today ain't one of them...
I'm agreeing with you. I just think some of the criticism of his play today is fair, especially when you consider how poorly he shot before Jalen got hurt.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
He was the only option out there for like 10 minutes.
Um, not really. Enoch and Facey were both great in the 1st half. The guards completely ignored them in the 2nd half. Purv against the world wasn't necessary as a lot of you are making it out to be.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No, it's not.

This is one of the most frustrating games ever.

Poor decision making when they should have been burying Auburn lost it.

Still, I want to punch a ref.

1) I can't help but notice a lot of missed calls in favor of the opponent...

2) Our guys make some poor decisions...but honestly, I have no agenda, but Rodney just almost never makes the right choice. Whether its dribble attack vs pull out, drive vs shoot, whatever...

Reaction Score
Um, not really. Enoch and Facey were both great in the 1st half. The guards completely ignored them in the 2nd half. Purv against the world wasn't necessary as a lot of you are making it out to be.

How is the ball handler going to get the ball to the bigs when they are double screening for him? Because otherwise, he had two guys in from of him. How is he going to get the ball to Facey?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
What kind of ash hole dumps on a team they are supposed to be a fan of when they are struggling and the third of its big three players goes down?
Didn't think we had a chance with Purvis at point, but they fought hard and got it to OT. Then we lost Vital.
Our Bigs get better each game. Brimah, who got criticised, came back to make about four great plays to bring us to OT.
This is a character building year and the ones failing are spoiled fans.

Reaction Score
How is the ball handler going to get the ball to the bigs when they are double screening for him? Because otherwise, he had two guys in from of him. How is he going to get the ball to Facey?

The issue was the double screening for a ball handler who can't dribble. Jalen missed a good chunk of the 1st half with foul trouble and there was no issue getting the bigs post touches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99