Official NLI thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, Mr Lagow, there are enough idiots here that you will only become angrier if you try to converse with them. Try to make contact with the UConn coaches and see what's up. Bear in mind the possibility of a misunderstanding. Obviously since there is a valid LOI offer out to Richard they were prepared to take Boyle/Lagow/Taylor so it is likely Taylor was not recruited as a QB.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Go back and read your post. You quoted a comment strictly speaking of Lagow. How are we supposed to get Walker out of that?

The comment to which I replied was about Lagow, I referred to it as, "this issue." One can frame their question(s), which be answered, that will address the issue and without breaking NCAA rules.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I can imagine that if a kid wanted to sign at school, in front of his friends and was sick, he might postpone it vs. signing it from bed and having someone fax it in.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If Taylor is not a QB, that height and weight sounds more like a WR than an Athlete. I wonder if he's going to be looked at at WR and Thomas is going to be looked at as a DB in place of Summers?

bingo. noels #, summers a no go, late add as a ath with that body so he fills the wr slot. so now slots were filled as we thought including a dt which turned out to be boland who visited not to long ago and the only thing left is getting lagow on board. we missed on laray at rb so that slot will be 2rbs atleast next year. overall very good. we just need to lock up lagow.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I agree that he would seem to make more sense as an ATH/receiver, probably replacing Summers, than a QB. But then they should have made sure @UConnFootball called him an ATH, not a QB.

Again, PP's tweet did NOT mention position, FWIW:

@PaulPasqualoni: Congrats to Kivon Taylor from Grady HS in Atlanta, GA. Welcome to the @UConnHuskies!

Reaction Score
I don't think your attitude is helping.

Yup....my not sucking up anymore ruined our chances of getting him. Get real.

I've been around the many versions of the BY for all 1A LOI days and this is the first and hopefully last time this type of discussion took place.

So spare me.

Reaction Score
Lagow will not be going to North Texas, Lagow has papers that the NCAA has stated are good for 20 days if he wanted to wait (and he did not but might now) and they can not be pulled back or given another deadline, and if a coaching staff signed another QB and had not told anyone then he also already had papers so there was some back room dealing going on but NOT by a kid who had looked forward to signing day for a very long time. He is asleep, does not know about all this mess, and when he feels better I will sit him down and break the news to him and he can then decide how he wants to react.
Mr. Lagow,

That truly sucks, not for us fans but for your son, yourself and your family. If there was indeed back room dealings that contribute to Richard seeking an opportunity somewhere else, there's no excuse for that. None.

Whatever happens, thank you for your candor and realistic viewpoints - all the best wherever this nets out.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I've been around the many versions of the BY for all 1A LOI days and this is the first and hopefully last time this type of discussion took place.

So spare me.

Maybe. But... You are acting like a .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can imagine that if a kid wanted to sign at school, in front of his friends and was sick, he might postpone it vs. signing it from bed and having someone fax it in.

And that kid should understand that after publicly talking about decommitting due to the recruitment of another player the coaches aren't going to sit around and wait. They are going to move onto the next player. This is such a basic concept that not sending in the LOI is a clear statement that you aren't coming.

Reaction Score

So spare me.

Nobody's asking you to suck up to anybody. But it's totally possible to just keep your opinion to yourself, especially if it's causing tension in an already tense situation. Some things are best left unsaid.

Reaction Score
BCbhN3zCMAAikj2.jpg:large
It is amazing...heck, my daughter just got accepted to UCONN...just plain accepted...and I was thrilled. Can't even imagine how it would feel to have her playing ball there, not to mention getting a world-class education for free. Congrats to the new Huskies, and to their parents...a HUGE reason those kids are in the position they are today.

Only on Signing Day!..... Second One!... Daughter went on a track scholarship..... who would have thought, i won my own personal lottery!!!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_21972.jpg
    IMG_21972.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Reaction Score
Lagow will not be going to North Texas, Lagow has papers that the NCAA has stated are good for 20 days if he wanted to wait (and he did not but might now) and they can not be pulled back or given another deadline, and if a coaching staff signed another QB and had not told anyone then he also already had papers so there was some back room dealing going on but NOT by a kid who had looked forward to signing day for a very long time. He is asleep, does not know about all this mess, and when he feels better I will sit him down and break the news to him and he can then decide how he wants to react.

Mr. Lagow, I sure hope this was not a backhanded maneuver in any way! If so, I think it would be very unfortunate. That being said, I truly hope that the staff has other plans for this latest recruit. It seems that with Summers not signing, that UConn may have been attempting to fill a different recruiting slot with him, than QB. Coach P does not strike me as the type who would do something that appears, based on what we know as of now, to make any sense. And if it's accurate that communication between you and the coach cannot take place for the next two days, as has been mentioned here, then I guess the press conference will give us the best chance for an explanation. Here's hoping it's reasonable and that your son is very much in our future plans!

Reaction Score
Nobody's asking you to suck up to anybody. But it's totally possible to just keep your opinion to yourself, especially if it's causing tension in an already tense situation. Some things are best left unsaid.

Yeah, I really hope sportsart and co. haven't screwed this up for us. If RL is truly just a sick kid today (which there is no reason not to believe) then some of the guys on here are acting like nothing more than giant steaming bags of .

Last I checked, it's the kid's life and decision not yours. Get over yourself. I don't ever recall you acting this way toward Mr. Griffin or the father of your beloved Kash. So why this time? Seriously, man, grow up.

Reaction Score
I don't really want to go through 14 pages of insults among fans, so can someone fill me in on why summers didnt sign?

Reaction Score
yale was not after him carl. look at his list of schools and then look at yale. thats just a mischeck from rivals at some point imho. i would actually be worried that the reason schools didn't offer him was grades. but as we found out last week, our policy has changed a bit which is better for us to recruit...

Just did a search and saw Yale, and giving my opinion, I think I said (If accurate or something) in what I wrote. No matter what, I welcome the guy.

Reaction Score
Presumably, Lagow was given until noon today to sign. Lagow called in sick. Staff moved on.

Wow. Just wow.

As I said before, if the staff believed that Boyle was the better prospect than Lagow, and all signs point to the fact that they did, than the staff did what they had to do. But man on man -- they better be right.

I don't agree with this premise. If you believe Boyle is better than Lagow, then you have to go after him. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not.

If you think about it in reverse, if you don't offer Boyle because you're afraid to lose Lagow, then you better be right that Lagow is the superior player. In reality, there's no way of knowing, so I don't think it's insane to try to get both players and let them compete.

You try to make the best decisions you can for the program, but you have to know that you're going to be wrong some of the time.

After all, I think we all remember the Jim Calhoun speech on Ryan Gomes, no? And say what you want about Calhoun, but he certainly had an eye for talent. But everybody's wrong sometimes.

pj

Reaction Score
Mr. Lagow, it's almost unfathomable that the staff would have offered Taylor as a QB. It looks like we lost a WR in Summers and got a potentially better one at 6'4" and a 4.6 40.

UConn just went through a season with only 3 QBs and it may have significantly impacted the play calling. It's entirely appropriate for the coaches to have sought Boyle, no BCS level program has fewer than 4 QBs on the roster.

I beg you not to jump to conclusions about Taylor or double-dealings before you have spoken to the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with this premise. If you believe Boyle is better than Lagow, then you have to go after him. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not.

If you think about it in reverse, if you don't offer Boyle because you're afraid to lose Lagow, then you better be right that Lagow is the superior player. In reality, there's no way of knowing, so I don't think it's insane to try to get both players and let them compete.

You try to make the best decisions you can for the program, but you have to know that you're going to be wrong some of the time.

After all, I think we all remember the Jim Calhoun speech on Ryan Gomes, no? And say what you want about Calhoun, but he certainly had an eye for talent. But everybody's wrong sometimes.

I don't understand. What are you disagreeing with?

Reaction Score
Huh! Talk about a shocker. This kid isn't here to play safety. This leads me to believe the staff wanted to qbs all along. This must have been a kid they were talking to when Boyle fell into their lap. When Lagow became so sick he couldn't fax a letter, our coaches got nervous and reversed course. This whole situation stinks on both ends.

Reaction Score
Mr. Lagow, it's almost unfathomable that the staff would have offered Taylor as a QB. It looks like we lost a WR in Summers and got a potentially better one at 6'4" and a 4.6 40.

UConn just went through a season with only 3 QBs and it may have significantly impacted the play calling. It's entirely appropriate for the coaches to have sought Boyle, no BCS level program has fewer than 4 QBs on the roster.

I beg you not to jump to conclusions about Taylor or double-dealings before you have spoken to the coaching staff.
pj,

read bl's post as few pages back. I bet he nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom