Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Many coaching transitions result in current players or recruits looking at other alternatives. Unfortunately, Will Moran@goalmouthradio reports:

"Jason Salvaggio has decommitted from UConn. Salvaggio is ranked 97th among North American skaters by Central Scouting."

Reaction Score
Many coaching transitions result in current players or recruits looking at other alternatives. Unfortunately, Will Moran@goalmouthradio reports:

"Jason Salvaggio has decommitted from UConn. Salvaggio is ranked 97th among North American skaters by Central Scouting."

Oh well... Surprised as he is a MA kid. I would magine he is well acquainted with MC.

Reaction Score
Via re-tweet from Will Moran

Over The Boards (@OTBPuckWatch)
5/20/13, 6:49 PM
Now uncommitted, 94 F Salvaggio has told us he is visiting half of Hockey East this week: UVM, UNH, UMass, PC and Merrimack.

Reaction Score
From a recently filed Courant story from Mike Anthony:

"Also, Karl El-Mir, a forward from Montreal who plays for the U-18 team the Selects Academy at the South Kent School, has kept his commitment to UConn and is said to have been on a visit to Storrs Thursday. He'll debut for the Huskies in either 2014-15 or 2015-16."

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
didn't quite follow but looks like he played last season in the EJHL. Probably makes sense that he get another season in Juniors. Any word on where he's heading for 13-14?

Not sure... He's 19. EJHL season runs September to March.

Found this earlier:

Derek Pratt, D, ’94 (NMH) 6-2/180—Is going to help a D-I team in the future as a depth defenseman. Skates well for a big kid, makes simple decisions with the puck, and is difficult to beat 1x1. Does not have much flash to his game, but that’s OK—every team needs consistent blueliners.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Knew it me just a matter of time... Will has the scoop.

goalmouthradio 5:32pm via web
Derek Pratt commits to UConn. More to follow. First commitment under Cavanaugh and new coaching staff.

goalmouthradio 5:37pm via web
Pratt is set to join the Huskies at the start of the 2014 season, UConn's first in Hockey East.

goalmouthradio 6:24pm via web
Insight from @ShawnHutcheon re Pratt: "he's a big, physical Dman who has that proverbial chip on his shoulder. Good signing for UConn"

goalmouthradio 12:13am via web
UConn forward Joe Birmingham is a former teammate of Derek Pratt. "He's a strong and steady defenseman who brings a physical edge and is not afraid to get nasty. Plays with a huge edge. Once he fills out his body "he could be a monster on the ice." Joe and Derek were teammates at Northfield Mount Hermon.and gets stronger over the next year (note - I combined three tweets for ease).

goalmouthradio 12:23am via Web
Pratt was chose in the 13th round, 205th overall in the NAHL Draft. But I believe he will play for Waterloo in the USHL this year.

Reaction Score
goalmouthradio 7:38am via Web
UConn commit Ryan Segalla, originally set to join UConn for the 2014-15 season, will play for UConn starting this fall.

goalmouthradio 7:39am via Web
Segalla is expected to be the first Husky player to be chosen in the NHL Entry Draft this Sunday.
I suspect this is going to be a bit of a pattern as UConn tries to establish itself at the next level...go after kids who are being recruited for 2 years out at existing programs and tell them you can come to UConn and play next season rather than spend an extra year playing for the Fargo Force or the Fairbanks Icedogs or someone.

Reaction Score
There is a difference between the supplemental draft and the entry draft. There has not been a Husky taken in the NHL Entry draft.

Reaction Score
Having an NHL draftee on our roster is (obviously) EXACTLY what we need.

Reaction Score
I had to look it up ... Krygier was taken in the supplemental draft in 1988

I think he meant before playing for UConn... TK was done when he was drafted.

Reaction Score
goalmouthradio 6:08pm via Facebook
A Brief Chat with UConn commit Ryan Segalla | Goal Mouth Radio
http://goalmouthradio.com/?p=225

>>Segalla, who is set to join the team in the fall of 2013, was the first player to verbally commit to UConn as a full scholarship player. On Sunday, June 30th Segalla may make history again, becoming the first UConn player to be selected in the NHL Entry Draft.*Segalla plans on being at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Sunday with his parents, but has no expectations of where he will be drafted. Segalla was ranked 169thin the NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings among North American skaters<<

>>Segalla is set to join eight other freshmen under first year head coach Mike Cavanaugh, who convinced Segalla to join the Huskies for this season, instead of waiting until the fall of 2014. “Coach Cavanaugh called about two weeks ago and explained all the positives of joining a year early. There really weren’t any negatives,” Segalla said.<<

>>With the opportunity to become the first Husky taken in the entry draft, Segalla remains focused on UConn. “It would be an honor to be drafted. I’m looking forward to building the program at UConn and hoping for the best,” Segalla said. <<

Reaction Score
Dave Molinari (@MolinariPG)
6/30/13, 8:35 PM
The Penguins' fourth-round draft choice is Connecticut high school D Ryan Segalla.

#119 overall

Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins)
6/30/13, 8:39 PM
Segalla, a defenseman, had 18 points (10G-8A) in 28 games for Salisbury Prep (Conn.) #Pens #NHLDraft

Mike Colligan (@MikeColligan)
6/30/13, 8:34 PM
#Pens take 6'2 Dman Ryan Segalla, scout quote: “He has an over-the-top compete level. It’s second to none for kids around New England."

Reaction Score
From last night.

goalmouthradio Aug 7, 8:39pm via web
Will Golonka commits to UConn. Details to follow.

goalmouthradio Aug 7, 8:42pm via web
Golonka played at Belmot Hill (Prep) described as an explosive skater and crafty offensively.

goalmouthradio Aug 7, 8:51pm via web
Golonka is listed at 5'10'' and 170, from Carlisle, Mass.

goalmouthradio Aug 7, 9:11pm via web
This is the second commitment under the new Husky coaching staff. Derek Pratt committed in June.

goalmouthradio Aug 7, 8:58pm via web
Golonka was listed as a "C" ranking in the preliminary NHL Central Scouting rankings this past year. Same rank as freshman Ryan Segalla.

goalmouthradio Aug 7, 9:26pm via web
Thoughts from a USHL Scout re Golonka:"Fast, makes plays, very smart, great vision, very good hands, can score and make plays. A stud!"

USHRhockey Aug 7, 9:17pm via web
5'10", 165 lb. Bel Hill RW Will Golonka committed to UConn today, likely for fall '14. Slight now, but a smart, skilled playmaker, a BC type

Clearly hasn't signed a LOI yet but didn't see a need to start another thread.

Reaction Score
Some info on 2014 Commit Derek Pratt:

http://www.nhjrmonarchs.com/news081613.html

"Derek said this about his college choice...”Committing to the University of Connecticut is high on the list of good things that I have accomplished in my life. But that doesn't mean I can be complacent, it just means I have to work even harder to make an impact at the next level. I had talked to a few other schools but once UCONN offered I couldn't pass up that opportunity.”

Reaction Score
Introduced Cav and his staff last night during Michigan game...Cav, Souza and the goalie coach (forgot his name) were introduced to crowd on the field during a stop in play...Joe Pereira was mentioned but not there (figured he was out recruiting). They got some good cheers from the crowd.

Reaction Score
Know that NLI hasn't been signed but...

2016 Commit Liam Murphy (Avon Old Farms/CT Wolves)

USHRhockey
6:28pm via Web
6-0/190 lb. Avon Old Farms power forward Liam Murphy, a 10th grader and a '98, has committed to UConn(fall '16). A huge get for the Huskies.

goalmouthradio
6:30pm via Web
Murphy is UConn's first big time in-state recruit. It's a major get for Connecticut.

OTBPuckWatch
6:43pm via Web
98 F Liam Murphy commits to UConn - busy month for the Huskies. A newcomer to Avon (NE-Prep) this year, has a lot of upside and work ethic.

Also:http://www.courant.com/sports/colle...chooses-uconn-hockey-20131015,0,6333841.story
>>The UConn men's hockey program has landed an oral commitment from the most sought after high school sophomore in the state. Forward Liam Murphy of Avon Old Farms is also one of the most highly-rated sophomore players in the nation, according to some prospect lists.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom