Official Hartford Courant Shout Out to BY | The Boneyard

Official Hartford Courant Shout Out to BY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm sure this is buried within another thread, but the BY gets a direct shoutout from the Courant.

Writer is a bit douchey saying BY posters were less reserved than man on the street interviewees at the mall.

UConn Fans Not Showing A Lot Of Sympathy For Diaco

"On The Boneyard, an internet forum for UConn fans where posters had been calling for Diaco's termination for months, people were less forgiving. "Christmas miracle!" One poster wrote. "Great news," said another. And there were plenty of jokes about the apparently one-sided "rivalry" game Diaco had tried to start with UCF — the Civil ConFLiCT."

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm sure this is buried within another thread, but the BY gets a direct shoutout from the Courant.

Writer is a bit douchey saying BY posters were less reserved than man on the street interviewees at the mall.

UConn Fans Not Showing A Lot Of Sympathy For Diaco

"On The Boneyard, an internet forum for UConn fans where posters had been calling for Diaco's termination for months, people were less forgiving. "Christmas miracle!" One poster wrote. "Great news," said another. And there were plenty of jokes about the apparently one-sided "rivalry" game Diaco had tried to start with UCF — the Civil ConFLiCT."

Most publicity for us is good publicity, and it further cements our importance to the decision-making processes at UCONN...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There are 500 better lines than 'great news'. Shocking that newspapers can't figure out a revenue model.

Hey I read the Boneyard today.... the most interesting thing was 'great news'.
"On The Boneyard, where some posters have been referring to Bob Diaco as Bob Fiasco,....."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"On The Boneyard, where some posters have been referring to Bob Diaco as Bob Fiasco,....."

I would have gone with the post where someone wanted him to cram the conFLiCT trophy in his cramhole.

Which you could edit to: Hey Diaco... cram it in your cramhole.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's great this poor guy who knows nothing about sports but had to work on the holiday is getting blasted by us.

He went to the mall and talked to the first kid he saw wearing a college sweatshirt. At least the stuff that kid said was true.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm looking for the reaction of college football fans... You know what I'll do... go to the MALL on a holiday, that place is crawling with football fans. Hooters was closer to the office - there had to be someone there watching the bowl games today.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm looking for the reaction of college football fans... You know what I'll do... go to the MALL on a holiday, that place is crawling with football fans. Hooters was closer to the office - there had to be someone there watching the bowl games today.
It would've been a lot easier and more effective to stay and home and browse the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
It would've been a lot easier and more effective to stay and home and browse the Boneyard.

I'm sure they do that as well. It's now officially apparent that they at least check in.

To be fair, I'm glad. If you know what the internet is and you're a die hard UConn fan - you'll find it here. It took me a few years but eventually I did. It's probably the most fair assessment of fan opinion on UConn athletics there is; both overly positive and overly negative but only the die hards are posting here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm sure they do that as well. It's now officially apparent that they at least check in.

To be fair, I'm glad. If you know what the internet is and you're a die hard UConn fan - you'll find it here. It took me a few years but eventually I did. It's probably the most fair assessment of fan opinion on UConn athletics there is; both overly positive and overly negative but only the die hards are posting here.
It's not just local news, it's national news outlets, too. I've heard from papers from around the country. We had a writer for the Washington Post posting on the women's board several years ago.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
JC called out the BY during the 2004 Final 4 for going after Taliek.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

im in the exact same boat, for yearsssss I couldn't believe there wasnt a place where I could get more coverage/ conversation about UConn athletics. glad i finally found a place where people are as passionate about it as i am.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I went to see Rogue One at Buckland last night. As I was milling around waiting to go into the theater, I noticed alot of UConn gear wearing folks. One guy who I took as someone who might be a football guy walked in my direction. Before I could even get the word "hear" out in the question..."hey man, did you hear the news today?", he was already high fiving me. Which one of you was it? LOL

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We watch more of the games and read more of the other coverage than any reporter.

It didn't take any special insight to see Bob wasn't working out.

The article was a bit unfair. The Conflict was a good idea or at least the idea of creating conference Tropey games. It just wasn't a good idea to do it without UCF on board.

I dont think the majority are happy he was fired as much as happy he is gone.
Bob, was not PP, he at least cared. Maybe cared too much about the wrong things and didn't know enough about being a winning HC. PP/GDL were just collecting checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom