Official 2014 Commit Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official 2014 Commit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The signing day videos are pretty good. Bob diaco loves the camera
I agree. However, in the first video they showed him WALKING to the football offices! I mean, come on, he looks like Clark Kent and I thought he would FLY there!!! ;)

6 1/2 months til BYU!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe someone could tweet Dez or Fuller to ask Diaco about the possibility of late signees for spring.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No reason to sign anyone else and push for the class of 2015.

Reaction Score
Did we really only have one recruit with a P5 scholarship offer? Saw that posted on CUSAnbbs. Is that right?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
These videos are friggin' awesome. I couldn't possibly be more pumped up for the BYU game than I am right now.

I'm really happy with the class coming in. All have good size and show well on film. I like the depth added at RB, considering LM is gone after next season and Joe Williams has left the program. With the size of some of these kids on our OL coming in, it seems like Coach Cummings wants to have a nice blend of run/pass.

Reaction Score
Did we really only have one recruit with a P5 scholarship offer? Saw that posted on CUSAnbbs. Is that right?

It's a lost year for recruiting. It is what it is. We are on our third head coach in 5 months. This was never going to be a strong class. Let's just hope some of the kids surprise.

Reaction Score
These videos are friggin' awesome. I couldn't possibly be more pumped up for the BYU game than I am right now.

I'm really happy with the class coming in. All have good size and show well on film. I like the depth added at RB, considering LM is gone after next season and Joe Williams has left the program. With the size of some of these kids on our OL coming in, it seems like Coach Cummings wants to have a nice blend of run/pass.

Is it me or does Cummings look like our idiot Gov? Has the charisma of him too.

Reaction Score
It's a lost year for recruiting. It is what it is. We are on our third head coach in 5 months. This was never going to be a strong class. Let's just hope some of the kids surprise.

Don't get me wrong, my expectations weren't high, good thing this only needed to be a small class.

Reaction Score
I really like this:

Kevin Duffy ‏@KevinRDuffy 26m
Diaco on adding more players: "There's room, but I would like to not (add any more). If something changed, I reserve the right to add."

We're not necessarily done yet...

Reaction Score
He should leave room for a bigger class next season after he gets a full recruiting year in.

Reaction Score
Is Christian Wilkins the closest thing to a must get next year? If we want the program to get to the next level I think it would be huge help to get these type of players to UConn. Once we start locking down the top talent in CT hopefully it'll build some wins and start enticing top players from other states to join. Diaco get started on 2015!

Side note. Heard/read somewhere that urban Meyer was in CT last week meeting with Wilkins.

Another side note. Dabo Sweeney said that today he's been working on 2016 recruits. Crazy.

Reaction Score
Is Christian Wilkins the closest thing to a must get next year? If we want the program to get to the next level I think it would be huge help to get these type of players to UConn. Once we start locking down the top talent in CT hopefully it'll build some wins and start enticing top players from other states to join. Diaco get started on 2015!

Side note. Heard/read somewhere that urban Meyer was in CT last week meeting with Wilkins.

Another side note. Dabo Sweeney said that today he's been working on 2016 recruits. Crazy.

I'm not sure we should label a guy who we're probably not going to get as a must-get. Winning recruiting battles for CT kids is one thing, but winning against a slew of top programs for a top 50-75 player. Not trying to be a downer, but let's be realistic here and just be very pleasantly surprised if we somehow do land him.

Reaction Score

I also read that Urban Meyer made an in-home visit with Wilkins. I hope Diaco or staff did the same. I'm tired of these big time coaches pursuing our top talent while we sit around and watch. But, I also read that Wilkins visited Uconn about 4 times, so there's obviously some type of interest.

Reaction Score
I've decided we are not going to get many p5 players, so I'm not going to get down about that. We just need to win the battles vs Houston, Cincy, UCF, Temple, ECU and Memphis. Might as well say we need to out recruit the AAC.

That would hopefully mean better results on the field. Then we stand out and who knows after that.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've decided we are not going to get many p5 players, so I'm not going to get down about that. We just need to win the battles vs Houston, Cincy, UCF, Temple, ECU and Memphis. Might as well say we need to out recruit the AAC.

That would hopefully mean better results on the field. Then we stand out and who knows after that.
Bingo. And maybe we can do a better job fencing in a bit more of the local talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom