Offensive play calling | The Boneyard

Offensive play calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where are the screen passes out of the backfield, throws to the TEs (2 early completions to Griffin and then never targeted again), the end arounds to Nick Williams like they ran early on against UMass, the bubble screen throws along the line of scrimmage to the wideouts, runs to the outside rather than straight up the middle, the occasional drop back downfield throw to stretch the defense?? Where's the creativity in the offensive play calling?? Is it not obvious that the current play calling is not effective?? How can this conservative play calling continue?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agree with the title of this thread.

The play calling is offensive.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sound slike your upset? maybe u should join #UNCN

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I signed on late and I don't know if I'll have the patience to search through every thread so Dan, please tell me what the F&%K #UNCN means.

The offensive game plans should start here:

There needs to be at least two pass attempts to Ryan Griffin each quarter.

There needs to be at least two pass attempts to Geremy Davis each quarter.

After these quotas are met we can worry about something else as it cannot be worse than what we are currently doing.

----------------------

I realize that mid-season changes are not normally a good thing but I want Foley reinstated as offensive line coach before tomorrow's meetings. Granted, we were never better than adequate in pass blocking under Foley but at least we could run block. A few weeks back on a Sunday evening when ESPN was doing their highlights, they pointed out (either the Raiders or Chiefs, it was after one of their backs ran all over the opponent) that they switched back from a finesse blocking scheme to a power blocking scheme and nobody is happier about than than (and they named the RB). This hurt as my first thought was what happened to our offensive line with the regime change.

-----------------------

If Rutty is legitimately a top 25 team it doesn't say much about the current state of college football.

-----------------------

Did Pasqualoni think we could carry our three time-outs (grammatically they should be called times out) over to the second half or did he believe there would be some bonus awarded for not using any of them?

-----------------------

We did suck up the field on offense but the refs F%&KED us bigtime on Rutty's bad snap. There was no way in hell that was a procedure call. The only possible calls would have been illegal formation or two men in motion, neither of which whistles a play dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom