Offensive line looks to rebound after forgettable 2012 season | The Boneyard

Offensive line looks to rebound after forgettable 2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller @ NHR ~ http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/04/offensive-line-looks-to-rebound-after.html

Besides the obvious snark - I think field leadership was something this group lacked last year. Greene seems to be audtioning for that role this year.

"I think we are going to go up," said senior guard Steve Greene. "I know I am not going to stand for it and all the other guys are with me, we are not going to be the weak point of this team. We are going to be the driving force behind this team that helps us win the game."

Talk the talk - Walk the walk.

Reaction Score
They did seem to play solid just needed more consultancy

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Zone blocking is tough because one mental laspe and your QB is counting stars. This is the year that we will reap the benefits of going to this system...or not.

Reaction Score
I really thought that despite all the problems, they actually started to play a little better later in the season.Maybe not in the Cincy game, but the previous few. I hope it continues. I really like Cruz's potential. He wasn't perfect, but on occasion he looked really good. Zone blocking doesn't have to be a disaster. Lots of teams use it. Notre Dame used zone blocking and I think Alabama did, though I can't remember. I prefer our old system, but it absolutely can work. I think the two systems have slightly different skill sets, so I'm not sure that the guys we have still are great fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom