Off field highlight of the half decade | The Boneyard

Off field highlight of the half decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe it didn't happen exactly like this - but it sure looks it.

After cutting his list to RU, Cuse UConn and BC initially - then down to two... KJ Gray had to bring one of our old buddies back in to the mix because UConn took other commits at receiver.

Hope the kid has a nice career and wish him well - but that is an amazing turn of events.

I may go to church tommorrow because HCBD would want me to.

Reaction Score
I got to say, Bob might just might be the right kind of crazy for this job. Kids who we couldn't sniff when we were in a BCS conference are taking more notice of us now, and that's despite us going 15-33 during their high school careers.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Would someone be so kind as to update me...last I knew, we landed Skanes and Gray ruled us out. Are you guys inferring that we're back in the mix for Gray since we landed Skanes? Hope that's the case!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've read Whaler's OP three times now, and I'm still not sure I understand it. But I'm on board with his act of contrition... :cool: (I kid, I kid)

My energy bucket is filling fast, too...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm misreading the timeline but it looked as though Gray cut list his list to two - including UConn (and I think BC)

Once UConn took a second receiver he had to change it removing UConn and adding Rutgers (or BC - whichever one wasn't on it to being with).

So I'm leaping to the possible conclusion that UConn would have beat Syracuse, BC and Rutgers for Gray - but because he didn't commit fast enough he didn't get the chance.

Reaction Score
Has UConn rescinded its offer? Is it actually a case of "no more room at the Inn?"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm misreading the timeline but it looked as though Gray cut list his list to two - including UConn (and I think BC)

Once UConn took a second receiver he had to change it removing UConn and adding Rutgers (or BC - whichever one wasn't on it to being with).

So I'm leaping to the possible conclusion that UConn would have beat Syracuse, BC and Rutgers for Gray - but because he didn't commit fast enough he didn't get the chance.

It could be. But are we done at WR? I'm not sure how many of the "athletes" we've just recruited will be at WR. Skanes seems to be a lock for WR. What about the others? How many will be DB's?

Either way, Diaco and Co. are doing some nice work on the recruiting trail! Dare I say...uptick???

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's just speculation and it could all be coincidence but it would be quite a coincidence.

Reaction Score

I tend to agree w/ you (w/ the caveat of never trying to figure out what an 18y/o is thinking).

It went from the 4 to Rutgers and BC hours after Skanes committed. Gray has been working out as DB too but not his primary position and i think Herrring is rated higher there. I think it's a position pecking order scenario. Agian, speculation and it will be answered soon:

BrianDohnScout10:12am via Twitter Web Client
ATH K.J. Gray said his announcement will be at 3 p.m. todayscout.com/player/193506-… #Rutgers#BC #Syracuse #UConn

Reaction Score
I tend to agree w/ you (w/ the caveat of never trying to figure out what an 18y/o is thinking).

It went from the 4 to Rutgers and BC hours after Skanes committed. Gray has been working out as DB too but not his primary position and i think Herrring is rated higher there. I think it's a position pecking order scenario. Agian, speculation and it will be answered soon:

BrianDohnScout10:12am via Twitter Web Client
ATH K.J. Gray said his announcement will be at 3 p.m. todayscout.com/player/193506-… #Rutgers#BC #Syracuse #UConn

BC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34